Lauren M. Johnson, MPAS, PA-C
New Hope, MN 55429
New graduate PA with a wide range of experience in the surgical setting. Attentive to detail, goal oriented, patient centered, motivated worker with the desire to continue learning and growing as a healthcare provider.
Mayo Clinic, Methodist Hospital - Rochester, MN (August, 2016 - May, 2018)
Certified Surgical Assistant
• Specialties: urology, gynecology, plastic surgery, general surgery, orthopedics
• Successfully performed weekly shift lead duties: carrying point of contact pager, ensuring all surgeries appropriately staffed and complete
• Responsible for setting up operating room, prep of patient for surgery, first assisting throughout surgery and suturing once surgery was complete.
• Assisted in patient transfer to radiology and postoperative care.
• Specifically chosen to be on the Urology Robotic team.
• DaVinci Robot responsibilities: Port Placement, docking of the robot, troubleshooting, assist surgeon/robot with instrument needs during surgery
• Successfully handled wound care of all varieties Midwest Center for Reproductive Health -- Maple Grove, MN
Undergraduate Career Exploration – Dr. Randle Corfman
• Observed patient consults and procedures related to REI -- IVF, ICSI, IUI, cryogenic freezing of embryos, egg harvesting, sperm analysis, US, HSGs, polypectomies, etc.
Midwestern University Master of Physician Assistant Studies (August, 2020) Mayo School of Health Sciences Surgical First Assistant Studies (August, 2016) Gustavus Adolphus College Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, B.A. (May, 2015)
Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Basic Life Support
Mayo Clinic Above and Beyond Award
(2017) – An award for outstanding
performance and attention to patient’s
best interest during Mayo Clinic’s first
surgery combining the specialties of
bariatrics and gynecology
PA Liaison – OBGYN Club at
EPIC, CERNER, APRIMA trained
Speculum exams/PAP Smears
Large Joint Injections
Migraine Prophylaxis Botox
H.O.M.E. – Phoenix, AZ (2018-2019) –
PA Student Volunteer
Midwestern Holiday Event – Glendale,
AZ (2018) – Project Manager Volunteer
Midwest Dental Clinic – Glendale, AZ
(2018) – Smiles for Children Event
6 week rotations including, but not limited to: direct patient care, thorough documentation, ordering and interpreting imaging/lab tests, reviewing previous patient health records
Internal Medicine Geriatric Specialist of Arizona, Dr. Kenneth Levy General Surgery Steward Medical Group, Dr. Rob Schuster Pediatrics Pax Pediatrics, Dr. Donni Fleischaker
Psychiatry La Frontera, Dr. Cai Wenhui
Family Medicine Complete Care Medicine, Kelsey Jewell PA-C Women’s Health Center for True Harmony & Wellness, MaryAnn Shostek PA-C Online Elective Curriculum developed by Midwestern PA Clinical Team*
*Originally selected for a rotation at Mayo Clinic Scottsdale in Gynecology, however due to COVID-19, the rotation was not completed as such. Family Medicine Elective Complete Care Medicine, Kelsey Jewell PA-C Emergency Medicine John C Lincoln Medical Center, Tamara Brown FNP-C References
Available upon request