Hunt Consulting Group, LLC
Designing tomorrow’s businesses today
508-***-**** - 1 -
Edward P. Hunt
Presenting an executive with proven experience in business and technology consulting concentrated in Capital Markets and Securities Processing. Experienced in custody, securities lending, prime-brokerage, investment management, retirement services, and mortgage servicing. Regulatory experience in Basel III, BCBS239, Recovery and Resolution Planning and data governance. A rich blend of education, clients experience and domain expertise provide a unique ability to create innovative business solutions to a company’s most pressing challenges. Highly skilled in business architecture, operation design, process improvement, information modeling and design, IT Strategy, program management, facilitation, requirements analysis, and application architecture.
Hunt Consulting Group, LLC, Andover, MA July 2016–Present President
• Led strategy & design engagement to establish a Big Data modeling and analytics platform supporting integrated treasury, risk, and regulatory reporting.
• Provided strategic consulting to a global custodian’s Recovery and Resolution Planning solution for enterprise-wide contract management and reporting.
• Developed the business architecture blueprint for a retail management software company detailing the approach to establish an enterprise-wide operations management platform. PwC Advisory Services, LLC, Boston, MA September 2014-June 2016 Director – Asset Management Technology
• Leader with an ability to manage large, complex engagements and has proven adept at focusing on Client needs, while establishing strong relationships team to drive revenue and account development strategies.
• Led the technology and operations transformation plan required to comply with daily Basel III reporting for a large global custodian including the redesign and relocation of functions to meet service level agreements.
• Led the high-level functional assessment supporting a securities lending platform transformation. Identified core business processes requiring redesign including enhanced inventory optimization models. The transition plan detailed investment priorities and opportunities to reduce operational risk.
• Delivered an operations impact assessment highlighting the business and technical implications of integrating with a CCP, worked with CCP counterparty to design operating models balancing regulatory and operational needs of brokers, lenders, and CCP.
Wipro Technologies, Inc. Boston, MA September 2011-August 2014 Head of Business Architecture Industry Advisory Services
• Led the analysis and operational design enabling enhanced operational integration between a global custodian and their platinum investment management clients.
• Designed a collateral financing solution supporting a global custodian’s principal lending business.
• Led the design effort to integrate corporate action processing for the middle office and custody operations for a global custodian.
• Established the Business Architecture Practice within Industry Advisory Services Practice and ensured the mission provided a customer-focused, value-adding, and sustainable architecture practice that enables the client’s business. Hunt Consulting Group, LLC, Andover, MA 2003–September 2011 President
• Conceptualized, designed, developed, and delivered a “Business Architecture 101” training course, enabling clients to develop their organizational design discipline and dramatically improve ability to envision and execute on business strategy.
• Directed the operating model design for a global custodian’s entry into the 130/30 asset servicing business covering 22 markets driving sustainable revenue growth.
Hunt Consulting Group, LLC
Designing tomorrow’s businesses today
508-***-**** - 2 -
• Led the business architecture design for a leading Agency Lending business. Specific areas of responsibility include: o Operations design and requirements analysis to support rapid growth in third party and power of attorney lending models.
o Business and functional requirements to support the Credit and Risk Based Capital reporting.
• Led a process and technology assessment of and prepared recommendations for the corporate compliance functions for a national mutual fund and outsourced service provider.
• Led a process alignment engagement for a national mutual fund company requiring the integration of their institutional and retail operations. Delivered systematic repeatable procedure of operations, allocated budget and resources by process and identified key improvement opportunities.
• Led a process improvement engagement for the new client implementation process for a 403b administrator. NerveWire, Inc., Newton, MA May 2001–March 2003
Chief Business Architect
• Managed the Financial Services Strategy & Business Architecture group. Managed a team of business strategists and architects to develop industry points of view, qualify client opportunities, develop project proposals and manage client engagements.
• Created new integrated customer management strategy for a leading brokerage house.
• Designed the business architecture and operating models for a global custody bank to support their entry into the prime brokerage business preventing erosion of their asset base. Computer Sciences Corporation, Boston, MA 1989–May 2001 Partner, Financial Services
• Freddie Mac. Saved $2+mm in direct development costs as the Chief Business Architect for their Mortgage Payment Processing systems redesign by defining the business architecture and training the analysis team.
• Wellington Management. Reduced operations costs and cycle time by redesigning the internal processes and systems to support their client reporting extranet.
• State Street, Global Securities Lending. Reduced operating costs, improved capacity and eliminated operational risk by designing new processes and systems to integrate lending, cash management and custody operations to support their global securities lending business.
• State Street, Self-Custody Workstation. Designed new process and application to support the banks expansion into the local custody markets. The solution supported the local market operations and integrated near-real time back to their global custody system.
• Fidelity Accounting and Custody Services (FACS). Redesigned the business processes and application architecture for their multi-currency mutual fund pricing system to eliminate operational risks and limitations of the current platform.
• Fidelity Accounting and Custody Services (FACS). Designed new business process and application architecture to eliminate operational constraints of the current Custody Information System. The redesigned solution provided rules driven routing of fund trades to the respective custodian. Core functions included transaction control, cash management and reconciliation. Served as the senior methodologist to the program ensuring technical specifications meet business requirements.
• Fleet Investment Advisors, Investment Analysis Workstation. Designed an analytics-based portfolio modeling system to support trust and fund investment management. The system increased manager productivity and investment monitoring by automating investment analysis and presenting investment managers with candidate trades for execution.
MBA International Business Boston University May 1996 Bachelor of Science Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute May 1982 Community Service
Scoutmaster Troop 79 Andover 2006 - 2017
Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 79 Andover 2000 – 2006