Candace Cunningham SHRM-CP
Human Resources professional with nearly 15 years of extensive experience as an advisor, providing consultation in areas of Employee Relations, Performance Management, Recruiting and attracting talent. My legacy of supporting and providing guidance to organizations leadership and staff, is rooted in my desire to optimize stakeholder’s experience and provide strategic solutions.
U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, OFFICE OF THE CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST (EMPLOYEE RELATIONS) AUG 2017 – PRESENT
Serves as a strategic business partner to CAO’s leadership and management teams. Provides consultative services to assist in the implementation of strategic and sustainable human capital initiatives.
Develop and sustain relationships with all levels of management and staff to ensure timely and effective support is provided in all areas of Human Resources.
Maintains accurate position descriptions and provides HR support for designated departments, to include facilitating staffing and recruiting activities.
Manage and maintains software to accurately track and record employee relations issues. Partners with system administrator to develop and make enhancements to the system.
Keeps HR management informed of ongoing investigation activities, as well as areas of concern.
As required, participates in a wide variety of projects and long-range planning / operational efforts.
In conjunction with HR leadership, ensures CAO compliance with applicable provisions of the Congressional Accountability Act.
Conduct all levels and variety of employee relations investigations which include discrimination, harassment and other gross misconduct.
Assist in the development and updating of HR Policies and Procedures, including collaborating with stakeholders and drafting new policy language.
Provides guidance, consultation, and assistance to management on employee relations matters to include employee corrective actions and termination decisions.
Proactively partners with the Office of Employment Counsel (OHEC) on employment related issues.
Coordinates and monitors activities to ensure compliance of programs with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and guidelines as well as conforming to CAO human resources management policies and procedures.
Manages and oversees the American Disability Act (ADA) interactive process cradle to grave. Develops SOP’s to support and provide guidance on the process.
Provides consultative support to manager and employee while working through the ADA interactive process and considering reasonable accommodations.
Provides support to CAO leadership and staff during the performance management cycle.
Aids in training managers, PM polices & processes and enhancements to the PM system. Advising managers on rating scales, goals and standards.
Advise and coach employees regarding performance review concerns. Inform staff of resources available to them to improve personal productivity and attain valuable skills.
Supports and participates in the Diversity & Inclusion working group initiatives across the organization. Partners with local colleges and universities to diversify talent pool.
MAXIM HEALTHCARE, COLUMBIA, MD
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS ADVISOR NOV 2014 – AUG 2017
Provided corporate and branch-level HR support to Maxim managers and employees in the following areas: employee relations, wage & hour, policies and procedures, performance management and other areas as directed. Maintained a comprehensive understanding of the HR handbook, policies and employee relations concepts while providing the highest level of service and sound counsel.
• Received and responded to inbound employee relations inquiries.
• Utilized software to accurately track and record employee relations issues.
• Supported business areas by analyzing and recommending solutions from basic to intermediate employee relations issues across all regions, provided effective and efficient delivery of value added services to internal and external customers in a fast-paced and changing organization.
• Reviewed and analyzed HR policies, practices and systems.
• Recommended and supported process and policy improvements.
• Provided guidance, consultation, and assistance to management and employees on employee relations matters to include employee disciplinary actions and termination decisions.
• Coordinated and monitored activities to ensure compliance of programs with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and guidelines as well as conforming to Maxim human resources management policies and procedures.
• Responded to requests for information on HR policy interpretation from internal and external employees to include: conducting internal investigations for various employee grievances/complaints including sexual harassment allegations, discrimination and civil rights complaints.
• Assisted Maxim's Legal department in the investigation and preparation of the company’s response to both federal and local EEOC and other agency charges/complaints.
• Ensured compliance with government regulations reporting requirements (EEO).
• Assisted and managed special projects such as, updating and creating new policies, SOP’s, FAQ’s and mission statements.
• Provided support and partnered with the Learning & Development team for orientation and training to staff on HR processes, procedures, and policies. Led trainings and workshops related to servant leadership, management and interviewing candidates effectively.
• Built effective relationships with partners, management/leadership and employees.
TEKSYSTEMS, HANOVER, MD
CORPORATE RECRUITER JUN 2010 – NOV 2014
Responsible for all steps associated with sourcing and delivering qualified, diverse candidates for the opportunities at our corporate location. Partnered with department leadership, developing and implementing hiring strategies to attract and retain the best candidates for TEKsystems.
• Created a pipeline of candidates utilizing recruiting tools and referrals.
• Partnered with leadership regarding current and forecasted needs.
• Created and edited job descriptions.
• Interviewed and/or phone screened 5-10 candidates daily.
• Counseled employees on job performance.
• Provided language and communication to candidates for tentative hire as well as providing feedback to candidates that were not offered opportunities.
• Conducted new hire & exit interviews.
• Partnered with local colleges to bring an awareness of TEKsystems and upcoming positions.
• Led workshops and training to management and high potential candidates in the areas of effective interviewing, job posting and resume building, etc.
• Built effective relationships with Leadership/Management and HR partners.
ADECCO, ALEXANDRIA, VA
SENIOR RECRUITER APR 2008 – JUN 2010
A trusted advisor to clients providing tailored solutions, top quality resources, and high-touch customized service to meet all unique staffing needs.
• Provided specialized recruitment services and candidates to clients in need of temporary and permanent staffing.
• Built ongoing relationships with clients and staff regarding their needs.
• Provided career guidance and coaching, and access to a wide range of job opportunities.
• Worked with clients in regard to current and forecasted openings while skill marketing candidates that fit clients mission and goals.
• Conducted client sales and follow up meetings, training for new hires, interviewed all applicants and conducted new hire and rehired employee’s paperwork.
• Conducted standard and client specific background checks.
• Drafted/completed Terms and Conditions forms for new clients.
CAPELLA UNIVERSITY, MINNEANNAPOLIS, MN
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT/ ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
EXPECTED GRADUATION DEC 2022
SOCIETY OF HUMAN RESOURCES (SHRM)
SHRM-CP (CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL)
-Recognized and awarded permanent placement champion. - Adecco
-Responsible for creating the Employee Relations mission statement. - Maxim Healthcare
-Was key in creating verbiage and changes to Corrective Action policy, SOP’s and FAQ’s. - Maxim Healthcare
-Developed formal process, SOP for the ADA interactive process - U.S. House of Representatives- CAO
-Ideas for D&I mentioned by Chief Administrative Officer on the House floor - U.S. House of Representatives- CAO