** ***** ****** ******, ******* ON M5E 0C4
647-***-****• email@example.com • ca.linkedin.com/in/subarna-giri-14097b10a
Electrical Designer/Power Systems Engineer - EIT
Summary of Personality: A multi-dimensional personality, matured in knowledge & practice, attributed by continuous learning; faithful in duty, & offers satisfaction from outcomes not from speech.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Graduated in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with high interest in electrical design and development
• Years of experience in the manufacturing and automation industries with handy skills in electro- mechanicals
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-placed, multidisciplinary team environment and team-leading
• Outstanding skills in a troubleshooting electrical machines and components testing
• Proficient in Windows and MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and outlook)
• Excellent ability to plan/organize/prioritize work and meet deadlines under pressure
• Adaptive learner and efficient team player with a high level of persistency and enthusiasm
• Initiative-taking, flexible and result oriented, with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive, strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Power or electrical control systems: design, development, installation, diagnosis and troubleshooting
• Enough knowledge in handling power flow, short-circuit, protection, control, coordination, transient and dynamic power using software and hardware.
• Polyphase AC/DC equipment, VFD and Servo: design/development/control and repair
• Ontario Electrical Safety Code: Application expertise in the industrial and residential environment
• AutoCAD/SolidWorks: electrical circuit design and floor planning with IEC/NEMA symbols
• MATLAB: Electrical and Electronic circuit Design, Analysis and Simulation
• Expertise in technical report/manual/proposal writing, slide preparation and presentation
• PLC (Omron, Allen-Bradley, and Siemens), Ladder Logix based on IEC-1131-3, PB-32 and PV+: programming, installation and troubleshooting
• HMI, FTSE, Excel, and Ignition programming and connecting via KEP Server
• Pneumatic, hydraulic, and solenoidal valves: Application knowledge and process instrumentation
• Knowledge in installation, testing and maintenance of electro-mechanical equipment and its report writing
• Knowledge in machine control, automation, and computer networking
M.Eng. (Electrical and Computer Engineering), Ryerson University, Toronto 2019
• Focused on Electrical Distribution Systems; High Voltage Engineering; Power Systems Analysis, Operations, stability analysis, and Design & Applications of Power Electronic Converters and control devices.
Accomplishments: Graduated with 1st class grade, served as a student member of graduate council, leading in many group projects, and completed in time.
Advanced Diploma (Electrical Engineering Technology – Control Systems), Humber College 2017
• Focused on Power systems analysis, distribution, protection & control, and industrial automation using PLC, AutoCAD, and Electrical Control Systems Design
Accomplishments: Graduated with Honors (scored 92%),
• Awarded Technology Scholarship by Board of Governors & OACETT
• Worked as team leader of various technical project teams delivering design, development, installation, and on-time completion of electrical control projects,
• Served as a peer tutor
B.Sc. and M.Sc. (Physics), Tribhuvan University, Nepal,
• Engineering Physics, Mathematics and Statistics.
Jr. Design and Development Engineer, Sartrex PCS Inc. March 2020 – present
• Calibration and testing various Power systems controlling and measuring devices
• Troubleshooting and reverse engineering
• Documentation and project management
• Advising and providing necessary training for power industries professionals
Test Technologist, Creation Technologies Jan 2020 – Jul2020
• Perform full-functional testing, troubleshooting of analogue & testing of digital products, including microprocessor, DSP and RF-based product assemblies using oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, ATE, multimeters etc.
• Collect troubleshooting & test data and complete all related documentation
• Troubleshooting-debugging of electronic PCBs software
Accomplishments: Earned dignity as one of the best employees immediately after short interval of assignment increasing company’s productivity.
CNC Machinist, Array Canada Inc. June 2018 – Jan 2020
• File setting through Toolpath, edit and verify with pdf file
• Verify drawing dimension through AutoCAD/SolidWorks, consult with designer, if necessary
• Select proper material, install on cutting board, setup speed and run machine
• CNC machine setting and tools changing as per requirement to be cut
• Check machine status every day and keep machine neat and clean with regular maintenance
• Check output product for accuracy using varieties of precision measuring tools.
Accomplishments: Handled multiple machines simultaneously increasing efficiency and productivity, increased company’s profit by reducing material wastage by more than 50%.
Manufacturing Associate, Celestica International Inc. May 2016 - Oct 2016
• Trusted in manufacturing process of sensitive and expensive aerospace and defense industry's PCB by installing and examining electrical components and product standard verification
• Troubleshot and repaired defected PCBs comparing with customer requirements and specifications
• Examined finished PCBs for compliance with IPC standards and registered them into ODC
• prepared standard package, labeled, and transferred to shipment division
• Performed basic drilling of holes and installing of fasteners, sinks, rivets and nut plates on PCBs with application of proper tools and torque
Accomplishments: Increased productivity handling multiple working stations with varieties of job function, reduced re-work job minimizing human mistakes thereby increases profit
Production Support, Sunrise Soya Foods 2014 – 2016
• Earned recognition as excellent employee working with automated machines, changing workstation every 2 hours to manage all steps of manufacturing cycle.
Lecturer, Tribhuvan University
• Earned recognition of the best professor working for thousands of student, faculty and administrators through strategic planning, teaching, counselling, and conflict management between faculty and student
Ontario Society of Professional Engineers (OSPE) & OACETT
Registered Engineer In Training (EIT) in PEO.
• IPC Specialist
References provided upon request