email@example.com / Phone: 415-***-**** / 419 Fulton Street #A, San Francisco, CA 94102 PORTFOLIO: https://www.carlapvera.com
Senior Marketing Manager with +9 years of experience in developing and producing high visibility events, conferences and brand partnerships through strategic planning, cross functional creative thinking and innovative solutions across international markets and communities. Thrive in fast-paced environments, team leader across functional lines, self-directed, multitasker, organized and detail-oriented. Passionate and with extensive experience building programs to increase Diversity and inclusion with corporates and partners. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Latinas in Tech- LTX FEST, San Francisco, CA
July 2020 - Current - Senior Project Manager Lead (Contract) Lead vision and strategy for LTX Fest, transforming our annual event into a virtual conference, streamlining processes to achieve efficiencies. Developed strategy for keeping all relevant teams and stakeholders up to date and aware of project launches, deadlines & opportunities for collaboration, building guidance and policies across multiple remote teams.
● Focused on creating an online experience that fosters a sense of belonging and inclusion within the Latinx community through diverse content development, speaker curation, partnerships and activities leveraging comprehensive knowledge from our community partners and sponsors.
● Timeline development and management, overseeing platform, marketing and partner team performance. Drive ideation, growth, and execution of platform technology, marketing programs including attendee acquisition (+50% growth), social media strategy, content development and speaker outreach.
● Developed conference sponsorship strategy and partner management, creating specific programs to meet partners specific goals and provide tangible ROI. Samsung NEXT, San Francisco, CA / Mountain View, CA January 2018 - May 2020 - Senior Marketing Manager, Events and Sponsorship Responsible for leading and scaling up Samsung NEXT global impact through diverse programs and exceptional (virtual & live) events, brand partnerships y and sponsorship development.
● Lead event strategy transformation from live events to virtual experiences. Re-defined events calendar and adapted our content and programming to new platform formats. Research and platform selection, A/V management and logistics, generating a new strategy focused on thought-leadership. Crafted external communication messaging, brand narratives, playbooks, guidelines, etc.
● Managed Samsung NEXT global tent-pole events and partnership strategy, including Product event go-to market strategy. Led 20 events annually worldwide including large tradeshows and conferences ( SDC, CES, MWC, SXSW and Websummit), Industry events and small high-touch and curated homegrown events. Collaborated across different teams to support company goals such as HR, Recruitment, Sales, Biz Dev and Strategy.
● Developed and championed our diversity and inclusion programs and governance (external and internal), including strategic event, sponsorship and partnership analysis (Afrotech, Grace Hopper, LTX Fest, Nationswell, BWTT, Culture Shift Labs, etc). Built the Diverse Founders Initiative with a group of colleagues to increase deal flow for our investment team from underrepresented communities. Worked with executive stakeholders for project budget approval ($500K), accountability and progress analysis, executive leadership support for initiatives and implementation on communication and KPI plans.
● Create, conceptualize and execute end-to-end event plans and partner strategy. Develop brand visual direction, manage budgets, external agencies, program development, talent, social media, digital strategy and data analysis.
● Collaborate and act as marketing liaison cross functionally with different business units such as Ventures, Product, Legal, Design, Engineering and People Ops acting as marketing liaison. Developed thought-leadership global event and content strategy for C-Level Executive Leadership such as Samsung’s Chief Innovation Officer and SVPs focused on “experiences over things” and the future of home.
TECHSTARS, San Francisco, CA
September 2014 - December 2017 - Global Special Events Manager at Techstars Led global special events & community experiences at Techstars for 4 years, producing the most highly visible external marketing events increasing the reach and audience of our local summits from one to 6 annually.
● Developed, planned and executed global community and alumni experiences/events while increasing the number of Startup Weekend events by 25% - 30% through our Global and Local Summit strategy
● Managed full project logistics for activations and events ranging from small local summits to large global tradeshow events such as CES Eureka Park Startup Stage, SXSW, Techcrunch Disrupt, Foundercon, Techstars Global Summits, etc.
● Led multiple complex projects concurrently (16 events in 2017) across the world (Europe, MENA, APAC, Brazil, LATAM and the US) while meeting timeline, budget and quality expectations. Responsible for sponsor relationship, local program development, vendors, logistics and team management.
● Collaborate cross-functionally with key business stakeholders and departments such as Business Development, Partnerships, Marketing, and Sales to establish service level expectations and ensure the team is providing the best level of customer facing service possible.
● Worked with multiple business partners and sponsors as main contact for event and summit activations such as Google Cloud, Kauffman Foundation, Amazon, Kapor Capital, and others at SXSW.
● Lead efforts on diversity and inclusion across programs to increase representation from underrepresented groups (community programs, accelerator and investment). Built and supervised I&D outreach and program strategy, developing specific initiatives for our different communities. Collaborated externally with partners from organizations, peer companies and NGOs that support and enhance our efforts.
UP GLOBAL (NGO),San Francisco, CA
September 2014 - Acquired by Techstars in June 2015 - Special Events Manager STEPONE VENTURES, San Francisco, CA
October 2011 - September 2014 - Events & Public Relations Manager Organized and led 15+ events and executive trips for the Spanish Government, Universities, tech companies, including logistics, budgeting, services and vendor negotiation, meetings, schedules and partner relationships. Led nonprofit group Jovenes con Futuro by bringing Spanish top tech talent to work with multiple local startups. UNIDAD EDITORIAL,Madrid, Spain
September 2010 – August 2011 - Communications and Event Manager EDUCATION
● Bachelor of Arts,
Journalism, Rey Juan Carlos
University, Madrid, Spain
● Negotiation Mastery
Business School Online
● Languages:English and
● Virtual Event Platforms:
Hopin, Zoom, Zoom,
GoToMeeting, Webex, Brella,
● Web: Squarespace,
● Event Management
Software: Cvent, Eventbrite,
● Adobe Photoshop CS,
● Suite:Microsoft Office,
GDrive, Mac OS
● Project Management:
Asana, Notion, Airtable
● CRM: Salesforce, Marketo,
Strategic Partnerships Events & Marketing Strategy Customer Impact Relationship Management Team Building Collaboration
& Influencing C-Suite and Senior Executives Relationship Management Bilingual: English & Spanish Speaker Arrangements Budget Management Contract Negotiations Team Leader Drive Results Strategic Initiatives Project Management Content Strategy and Development Creative Brand Strategy Diversity and Inclusion ttendees Automation Finance Geography Honing Hood Hybrid Ibm Ibm Systems Iron It Infrastructure Mainframe Marketing Automation Marketing Teams Multitasking Next Gen Nurturing Paid Media Return On Marketing Investment Seo Storage Surround Telecommunications Testing Typewrit Central Point, Design Programs, External Relationships, Having Fun, Landscape Analysis, Leadership Accountability, Pillar, Splunk, Sustainability, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Tracker, Accountability, Delegate, Organizational Challenges, Commitments, Documentation,