I stand before you, looking for a job opportunity in the
International Institution to worthily represent. Attracted by the objectives of the institution, I am able to offer my professional services with a position based on my experience on various fields, helping them to achieve desired goals. Attached to this you will find my resume, where you will observe my great experience in different areas such as Business Administration, Procurement, and Logistic with emphasis in Import and Export of cargo, Supply Chain and among others.
Without further to say and with the desire of promising relations.
JOSÉ E. VALDERRAMA D.
MORE THAN 20 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN
PROCUREMENT, LOGISTIC, SUPPLY CHAIN,
IMPORT AND EXPORT.
JOSÉ E. VALDERRAMA D.
SOTECSA - PANAMA
August 16, 2018 – March 18, 2020
SPECIAL PROJECT MANAGER
• Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the purchasing activities.
• Develop purchasing policies and procedures and control purchasing department budget.
• Evaluate cost and quality of goods or services.
• Negotiate or oversee the negotiation of purchase contracts.
• Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
FIRST QUANTUM MINERALS – PANAMA
November 16, 2015 – August 4, 2018
• Develop the strategy of purchasing products and services of the company in the term of quantity, quality and price.
• Responsible for selecting suppliers, negotiating prices and issuing purchase orders to suppliers.
• Strategic planning of the needs of the company in the supply of long-term supplies.
- Power Generation Plant
- Transmission line
- International Port
- Copper Mine
MARINE ENGINEER CORP. - PANAMA
January 13, 2015 – October 30, 2015.
INTERNATIONAL PROCUREMENT OFFICER
• Negotiate with potential suppliers the supply of materials and equipment in the long term, always ensuring the benefit of cost / quality.
• Always looking for new suppliers in Asia, Europe, South and North America that can meet the demand for products such as industrial materials, steel, machinery, safety equipment etc.
• Estimating the need for the operation of the company in specific quantities and for a certain period of time and specific project to complete a task.
JANSSEN PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES OF J&J - PANAMA
October 30, 2013 – October 31, 2014
PURCHASE COORDINATOR FOR CENTRAL AMERICA & CARIBBEAN
• Make alliances with suppliers that can ensure continuous supply with favorable costs.
• Full knowledge of negotiation skills of purchasing, quality, price analysis, inventory, expenses and purchase policies, vendor analysis, indicators and management contracts, among others. 4H CONSTRUCTION COMPANY - PANAMA
November 15, 2012 - October 15, 2013
LOGISTICS PROJECT MANAGER
• Responsible for negotiating and administering construction projects through tenders and private contracts.
• Prepare the budget; evaluate the costs of raw and new materials in order to get a better price in the local and international market.
MSD PANAMA S.A. (MERCK SHERING PLOUGH) - PANAMA
November 21, 2011 - November 14, 2012
ASSOC. SPCLST. SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
I was also responsible for managing the Sales Orders and Purchase Orders. Activities include, update shipping dates, shipping quantities, process the invoices, inform other Hubs about inspection status and promise shipping dates, and to process pro-forma invoices if needed.
• Receive the P/O from customer and when converting into S/O, advise the Planner if the order is higher than the previous forecast HIGH SEA SUPPORT INC. - PANAMA
April 21, 2009 - February 17, 2011
PROCUREMENT & LOGISTICS MANAGER
• Place orders for incoming services onboard vessels also for stock replenish.
• Keep track of incoming shipment in order to release them from customs and performed Tax-exoneration & knowledge of Incoterms.
• Sell spare part for Satellite Communication, LRIT, Gyro Compass Steering (Autopilots etc.).
MEC STORES S.A. - PANAMA
February 16, 2008 - April 17, 2009
• Estimations Supervisor
•In charge of quoting local and international spare parts, provisions, bonded, Medicine, Rope & Hawsers, Marine Paint, Safety Equipment, Electrical Equipment & Security Goods for vessels transiting the Panama Canal.
CENTRO INDUSTRIAL, S.A. - PANAMA
April 9, 2004 – February 7, 2008
SALES SUPERVISOR FOR MARINE INDUSTRIES
• Prepare sales plans and budgets, taking into account the necessary resources available to carry out those plans.
• Calculate the actual market demand considering our interest in the same forecast sales and being as accurate as possible because it depends on other commitments.
WORLD SHIPPING MGNT- UNITED STATES
(2000 – 2003)
• Responsible for the provision of port services (licenses, permits) authorization and control of operations directed on the boats.
• Monitor port operations and services provided to ships, such as stevedoring operations, loading and unloading, delivery and reception and their impact on operations planning. EDUCATION
University of Science and Technology – ULACIT
• MBA with Emphasis in International Trade
• Bachelor’s Degree in Global Business
Coral Springs High School- USA
• High School Diploma
COURSES AND SEMINARS
• Boat Operator Certified
• Supply Chain Management
• Procurement and Logistic
• Air Security and First Aids
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Windows XP, Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet and outlook.
- ARIBA BUYER SYSTEM, - XAL, - CITRIX
- JD EDWARD
• ISSA (International Ship suppliers & Services Association) & IMPA (International Marine Purchasing Association). Reference Available upon request