Strategic thinking professional with insurance brokerage and risk management industry experience. Adept at assessing needs, generating options, and creating solutions in collaboration with clients and stakeholders. Well-versed in strategy, business operations and data analysis including workflow management, training and implementation. Proficient at managing projects from requirements gathering to completion. Experienced at process improvement, results reporting for leadership, and business communication across all levels of an organization. EXPERIENCE
IBM, Armonk, NY January 2020-Present
Senior Insurance Analyst 2020-Present
• Support the Vice President of Corporate Risk and Insurance and Risk Managers to collect and report underwriting data for the renewal of insurance policies.
• Review binders and policies for contract certainty and to highlight material changes.
• Manage the invoice process for all placements, fee and claims billings.
• Assist with merger and acquisition/ divestiture support for all insurance lines.
• Assist the Vice President of Corporate Risk and Insurance with special projects as needed. American Water, Camden, NJ July 2018- October 2019 Risk Management Analyst 2018-2019
• Assist the Director of Insurance and Risk Management to reduce corporate risk exposure via the Corporate Insurance Policy, Supplier Insurance Coverage Practice, and Claims Management Strategy and Practice.
• Interface with the Director of Insurance and Risk Management to collect and report underwriting data for the renewal of insurance policies.
• Aid the Director of Insurance and Risk Management in the reporting of risk to the Enterprise Risk Management Committee.
• Partner with and provide Human Resource, Legal, Supply Chain, and Business Development with advice and guidance with contractual insurance risk transfer.
• Supervise the issuance of Certificates of Insurance and Auto ID cards in a timely and effective manner.
• Revamped and implemented a streamlined process for property exposure data collection to reassess and update values
Marsh USA Inc., Washington, DC February 2010- May 2018 Operations Specialist IV 2017-2018
• Acted as a point of escalation for 5 broking and front office teams in operations processing and service exceptions.
• Developed strong relationships with key stakeholders and delivered operational excellence through status reporting and analysis of target metrics.
• Identified, implemented, and led classroom and web-based training for business process and specific compliance issues.
• Created management routines to drive client growth and retention, provided execution support to 8 Office Heads across the Southeast Zone by utilizing data trend analysis, improving action planning, and facilitating data driven decision making.
• Launched a Colleague Education platform from knowledge gathering through completion within a 6- month period to support a National 3-year initiative. Process Expert 2014-2017
• Drove organizational change through aligning strategy with brokerage technology platforms.
• Identified adoption issues, trends, and themes through user acceptance testing (UAT) and using reports and data.
• Introduced new system functionality and enhancements, led training and production sessions to increase efficiency at the macro-level.
Client Representative 2011-2014
• Worked directly with the Producer, Client Manager, and Placement Specialist to provide 15 clients with superior service, coverage questions and program adjustments.
• Solved client account issues, gathered information on exposures and operations, supported preparation of submission and coverage specifications, and produced proposals and presentations. Key liaison for invoice process and production, certificates of insurance, auto ID cards, and surplus lines filings.
• Received Above and Beyond the Call of Duty (ABCD) Award for assisting on a difficult and complicated merger and acquisition renewal.
Risk Analyst Intern Summer 2010
• Completed a 10-week internship which involved assisting colleagues with renewals, preparing client presentations and submission specifications.
• Prepared and presented a project related to creating risk solutions for the Deepwater Horizon incident.
Associates in Risk Management (ARM) - Risk Financing Exam Passed American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters EDUCATION
Bachelor of Business Administration, Concentration in Risk Management and Insurance Temple University, Philadelphia, PA