MRS. NISHA RAJESH, BSN, RN
Dedicated, compassionate, knowledgeable healthcare professional with 14 years of experience providing high quality care to patients presenting diverse medical conditions with proven expertise in acute patient care and staff development. Performed as Nurse Manager in Urgent Care, Critical Care and Nurse Manager Operations and excellent at juggling multiple tasks and working under pressure and ensures adequate staffing is maintained, provides direction to clinical and non-clinical personnel and evaluates the outcomes of nursing care. Performs leadership activities in accordance with the mission and vision of the organization and the philosophy of the Department of Nursing. Works collaboratively with interdisciplinary management team to provide direction of activities and operation of assigned patient care areas. Recognized for assessing operational needs and developing solutions to save costs, improve revenues, and drive patient satisfaction. Resourceful and well- organized with excellent leadership and team building record. Demonstrated ability to forge, lead, and motivate outstanding health care teams that provide top quality patient care. Exceptional capacity to multitask: manage competing priorities with ease while fostering delivery of superior patient care. Proven record of reliability & responsibility with ability to remain calm as well as professional during times of critical need.
SKILL HIGH LIGHTS
• Staff development • Team management
• All critical care nursing procedures • Strong Leadership qualities
• Wound Care • Recruitment
• Budgeting • Supervising
• Problem solving • Strong communication skills
• Team leadership • Time management
• Inventory Control
• An effective decision maker, as well as a conflict and crisis management PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Burjeel Royal Hospital Al Ain, United Arab Emirates Nurse Manager - ICU & Urgent Care/ Nurse Supervisor / Nurse manager operations.
(February 2018 to February 2020)
• Oversees the operations of the unit to ensure smooth and efficient patient care management. Assures appropriate patient assignments. Completes daily rounding on patients and staff to ensure quality provision of care as per our Journey to Excellence expectations.
• Data collector for ICU/Urgent care/ Nursing Supervisors JAWDA quality indicators and attend TASNEEF Audits.
• Performed as Acting Assist. Director of Nursing.
• Co-ordinate and conduct Mock-drills for Code Blue, Code Purple, RRT in various departments and member of Resuscitation committee and Disaster Management team.
• Manage the department to ensure patient and employee satisfaction while promoting safety and retention. Serve as a real-time resource and assists with clinical expertise for staff and physicians for problem-solving on patients, processes, and family issues.
• Coordinate quality initiatives and process improvements & monitor facility quality indicators and support development of resolution plans by working closely with quality, safety and infection control.
• Develop leadership skills among staff including communication, decision-making, problem- solving, critical thinking, and employee engagement. Lead the development of staff and supports career advancement opportunities. Functions as a role model and encourage staff to participate in educational development programs.
• Facilitate department meetings and shared governance/leadership efforts.
• Responsible for selection, orientation, on-boarding, and retention. Demonstrate leadership through coaching, performance evaluations, corrective actions, and development opportunities to create a culture of learning.
• Assist in the development of the operational and capital budget, provide daily operational resource management including staff, supplies, and equipment. Ensure optimal productivity for the department.
• Perform all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory, and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
• Maintain a collaborative and cooperative working relationship with other departments and divisions; facilitating operational, quality, performance and change initiative implementation.
• Manage the daily schedule efficiently to ensure all decisions, actions and team performance meets the needs of all patients.
• Assist staff to achieve their potential as members of an effective team through innovative management practices.
• Ensure department compliance with Hospital and DOH policies and procedures including all regulatory requirements and demonstrate clinical competence in the unit and attends DOH audits.
• Assume responsibility for own growth as a professional including participation in a professional organization, attendance to professional seminars and through formal educational activities.
• Develop/consult on department orientation and competency development activities and develop preceptors in each department
• Plan, promote, organize and successfully implement training and educational programs designed to enhance service quality and ensure optimal clinical care based upon implications of data obtained from quality assurance monitoring program.
• Evaluate and conduct audits related to documentation and changes in documentation requirements.
• Assist Nursing Director with interviews, hiring, training, and counseling staff.
• Complies with all established policies, procedures and protocols. Burjeel Hospital Abu Dhabi, UAE
Senior Registered Nurse, Team Leader Medical & surgical I.C.U, Cardiothoracic I.C.U,
P.I.C.U (JULY 2012 – FEB 2018)
• Assists the physicians in performing all critical care Invasive and Non-Invasive procedures.
• Initiate & coordinate Code blue.
• Strong phlebotomy and IV skills
• Care of patients on CRRT, ECMO, etc.
• Hemodynamic monitoring and drip titration
• Experience with cardiac drips, Ionotropic, vasopressors, etc.
• Care of all critical care patients including adults and pediatrics.
• Care of patients with endotracheal tube, unconscious patients, epidural catheters, subclavian & internal jugular catheters, A-lines, CVP, PICC, PICCO, PORTA CATH, Indwelling catheters, perma caths, hemodialysis catheters, etc.
• Record & read ECG, recognize arrhythmias & able to interpret ABG's.
• Document patients' treatment plans, interventions, outcomes, or plan revisions through Electronic Recording.
• Attend education programs, meeting, orientation programs, new equipment classes.
• Maintain stocks which includes drugs, equipment, registers, files, instruments, etc.
• Instruct new joiners with unit orientation, equipment trainings, assessing competencies. LIFE LINE HOSPITAL Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates REGISTERED NURSE, Team Leader – Medical, Surgical & Cardiac ICU 07/2009 - 07/2011
• Provide total, direct nursing care consistent with the plan of care and needs of the patients with respect for the patient’s privacy, dignity, personal preference and culture.
• Intervene in clinical emergency situations such as cardio-pulmonary arrest; excellent track record of independently managing all types of medical & cardiac patients.
• Ensure quality care for critically ill patients using strong observation, assessments & Intervention skills.
• Successfully handled various invasive & noninvasive equipment & monitoring equipment.
• Maintaining records & reports which is related to the patients and staffs.
• Demonstrated excellence in managing various kinds of procedures such as Nasogastric, Tracheal Oral Suctioning, Surgical Dressings, Perform Specialized IV Infusions, Nasogastric Tube Feedings, Indwelling Catheterization, Venous & Arterial Blood sampling, Thrombolysis & after care.
• Assist in emergency nursing procedures necessary for prompt control of changes in patient’s physical conditions.
• Recognized Life-Threatening Arrhythmias; performed Cardiac Monitoring, Vascular
• Monitoring & Patient Assessments; interpreted Cardiac Rhythms & Electrocardiograms. Render extensive assistance to the Charge Nurse in providing high quality care.
• Supervise the staffs in each shift and schedule work assignments.
• Assign duty roster for the staff nurses.
• Evaluate staff requirements and develop schedules to provide adequate cover.
• Keeping a close track of general and specific inventory.
• Prepare weekly & monthly reports.
• Prepare & maintain registers, stocks which includes drugs, equipment, registers, files, instruments, etc.
M.E.S. MISSION HOSPITAL, KERALA, INDIA
Staff Nurse, Shift in Charge, Nurse Educator – Medical & Surgical ICU
(01/2004 - 06/2008)
• Successfully plan and implement treatments based on patient’s needs; ensure prompt monitoring of critically ill patients.
• Instrumental in initiating CPR during Cardio Pulmonary Arrest and managed patients on ventilators.
• Excellent track record of managing various critical care unit procedures and equipment.
• Maintain records & reports which are related to the patients & staffs.
• Prepare weekly & monthly reports.
• Schedule duties to the staff members.
• Develop training protocols for hospital staff.
• Evaluate patient care guidelines and determine areas for improvement and education.
• Meet with Head Nurses and assess educational needs.
• Implement training and mentoring programs to improve performance.
• Mentor and educate hospital staff on treatments and patient care protocols. ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS
B.Sc. (Nursing) from NITTE Usha Institute of Nursing Sciences, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore in 2003.
Completed ICDL Preparatory Course including Basic concepts of Information Technology, Using the Computer and managing files, Word Processing and Spread Sheets, Database, PowerPoint presentation, Information & Communication.
AFFILIATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
Department of Health (DOH): License No - GN971 Licensed as Registered Nurse Karnataka Nurses council (KNC): Registration No - RN/RM-245 Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council: Registration No: RN -1172, RM – 1176. BLS Certified from American Heart Association
ACLS Certified from American Heart Association
PALS Certified from American Heart Association
IV Therapy Certification
Member of Trained Nurses Association of India (TNAI). Member of Alumni Association of NITTE Usha Institute of Nursing Sciences, Mangalore. WORKSHOPS AND SEMINARS
• Workshop on new JAWDA KPI- Organ Donation.
• Fall prevention Advocate
• Evidenced based Nursing Workshop at Sheikh Khalifa Medical City.
• Preceptor ship training
• Training of ECMO
• Advanced Trauma Life Support at Sheikh Khalifa Medical City.
• Time Management for Nurses at HAAD
• Advanced Infection Control Practices.
• Ventilator Management & ventilator acquired Pneumonia.
• I.V Therapy.
• Diabetes Management
• Cardiac Monitoring
• Conscious Sedation
Date of Birth : 8th December 1980
Current Address : Near Misbah ADNOC petrol pump, Hilli Area, villa no: 6 Al Ain, UAE Permanent Address : Madakkattu House, Punnavely P.O, Nedumkunnam, Kottayam, Post box 689589, Kerala
Nationality : Indian
Marital Status : Married
No. of Dependents : 4
Passport Details : No. M0650718, Date of expiry:05/08/2024 Visa Status : Residence Visa
Languages Known : English, Malayalam, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, and Arabic (speaking knowledge)
References : References are available upon requests.