James A. Boggess, DDS
Accomplished professional with solid background in caring for patients, performing minor and major dental procedures, and adapting to changes in technology and dental intervention techniques. Demonstrated success in operating a thriving practice, maintaining a client base of 4K and upholding a reputation as a professional, empathetic, and personable practitioner. Skilled in carrying out standard and complex dental practices. I am currently seeking a part or full time position.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Strategic Business Planning
Dental Office Operations
Crown & Bridge Restorations
DENTAL ADVISOR Hawaii Family Dental, Honolulu, HI 2017 to Present Work closely with team of 55 dentists in 12 offices to advise on business development and office operations including layout and design of new offices, equipment purchases, and human resource issues.
• Provide oversite on quality assurance and control issues, conducting chart and prescription drug audits to identify opportunities for improvement and implement solutions.
• Collaborated with staff to develop office dental supply formulary, streamlining purchasing procedures to reduce costs and increase efficiencies.
DENTIST/ OWNER Cedar Point Dental, Springfield, IL 1992 to 2016 Established a start-up practice and oversaw office operations including human resources, inventory control, purchasing, accounts payable, practice growth, and staff professional development. Delivered comprehensive dental care, performed restorative treatments, presented treatment plans, and explained care and maintenance to parents.
• Directed 2 office expansions, coordinating construction of 4K SF facility with 8 operatories which enabled achievement of $1.9M in annual production with overhead costs of less than 50%.
• Demonstrated exceptional patient care and communication abilities, establishing patient rapport and explaining treatments and procedures in a calming, easily understood manner.
• Polished ability to perform treatments of varying complexity through years of clinical experience and extensive post-graduate training at Spears Institute.
• Recognized by peers for achievements with appointment as GV Black delegate to Illinois State Dental Society. EDUCATION & CERTIFICATES
Doctor of Dental Surgery University of Illinois at Chicago Bachelor of Science in Biology Illinois Benedictine College Licensed Dentist Illinois, Hawaii, Arizona
Facially Generated Treatment Planning, Spears Institute Restoring Worn Dentition, Spears Institute
Occlusion, The Dawson Academy and Kois Center
Peer review committee, Delegate to ISDS