Reston, VA ****1
~ Accomplished, Driven Professional with 26 years of experience. Specialist in the hospitality field and
Identifying Improvement Opportunities that Drive Efficiency and Quality" ~
● ● ●
Solution-oriented and versatile professional. Persuasive communicator with engaging relationship style and skills in consultation and fostering positive relationships. Unique ability to communicate with people from diverse professional, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds. A quick study of new technology. Work well as a leader or member of cohesive, productive teams. Proven success in fast-paced and challenging environments. Able to use analytical and statistical skills to implement plans as needed in all relevant areas. Dynamic communication and presentation skills; adapt to the audience for clear understanding.
Technical Staff Communication
• More than 20 years of hospitality industry experience.
• Strong culinary background. Coached and trained personnel in food preparation skills.
• Instills trust and confidence in peers and customers.
• Identify and manage strategic relationships to leverage significant long-term business opportunities.
• Successful interaction with numerous decision-makers at all levels of business operations.
• Enthusiastic individual with an excellent work ethic. Solid skills in consultation and problem resolution.
Eugene's Sausage and Fries - Haymarket, VA - Executive Chef June 2020 - present
Fred's Tavern - Las Vegas NV - Bartender
Bartended the 3rd shift - Sept. 2017 - June 2018
Assistant Executive Chef - July 2011 – 2017
Room Chef – Victory's Café 24 hour - July 2008 – July 2011
Cannery Resorts and casinos – Las Vegas, NV
• Perform all management duties and administration.
• Serve as a trouble-shooter through recognition of potential problems with employees and customers, and crisis management to resolve problems.
• Utilize thorough knowledge of Nevada Health guidelines.
• Research customer inquiries and issues; service a broad base of customers.
• Maintain effective communications with outside vendors, culinary professionals, and resort managers.
• Known for innovation in finding solutions.
• Monitor all food preparation and expedition. Train and mentor personnel.
• Have provided catering and special event advice and recommendations.
• Assisted in managing and servicing VIP clientele.
• Maintained a professional environment for staff and customers.
• Update all employees on changes in the food and beverage industry.
• Lead all food preparation, ordering, expediting.
• Creation of menus and daily special
Sous Chef – Vino's Deli – Jan 1, 2008 – July 2008
The Cannery Casino and Resort
• Assisted Executive Chef as needed.
preparation, food cost supervision
• Assisted Room Chef with all supervisory duties
Security – Arc Security Santa Fe, NM 2003-2007
• Guarded patrolled and monitored premises to prevent infractions of the establishment's policies and regulations.
• Assisted with inquiries from the public if so required.
• Demonstrated exceptional levels of customer service for VIP guests.
Manager - Harry's Bar and Grill – Harrington Hotel, Capitol Hill, Washington D.C., 2002-2003
• Responsible for all management duties and staff in a high profile D.C. restaurant
• Clientele consisting of Senators, Congressman, Lobbyists on Capitol Hill
• Maintaining a secure and professional environment for VIP customers.
Owner/Partner/Executive Chef - The Tequila Grill, Washington D.C., 2001-2002
• Manager of all special event planning and entire kitchen staff
• Led food preparation, ordering, expediting and menu creation
• Supervised catering and bartender personnel
• Supervised and scheduled security for a nightclub
Kitchen Manager/ Executive Chef - The Madhatter, Washington D.C., 1996-2001
• Managed kitchen staff, food expediting and ordering
• Created menus and daily specials and also tended bar
Sous Chef - Vanessie's Of Santa Fe Santa Fe, NM, 1994-1996
• Assisted Executive Chef across a broad range of food preparation activities.
Cook - P.C.'S Restaurant Santa Fe, NM, 1983-1994
• Conducted food preparation and assisted owners in all aspects of restaurant operations.
Capitol High School Santa Fe New Mexico,
Certificates: Alcohol Beverage Control License/Health Department Certification; ServSafe; Technique and Alcohol Management.
Languages: Fluent in Spanish and English
Additional Professional Training
TV appearances for Fox More Show
MS Word ● MS Excel ● Email/Internet
*References available upon request
- Page 1 of 3 -
● ● ●