Courtney M. Bailey
Columbus, OH 614-***-**** email@example.com
EXPERIENCE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Westerville Area Chamber of Commerce Aug 2018 - Present Events Manager
● Pivoted to present over 40 events virtually in 6-month time period, facilitating through Zoom, Teams and Facebook live engaging over 100+ companies/industry representatives on behalf of the Chamber integrating with Chamber management software (CRM)
● Coordinated six region Chamber of Commerce virtual networking session with over 60 attendees, rotating and navigating through a two-hour session
● Developed programming and coordination for hybrid event models. engaging 50+ area leadership individuals in-person and via Zoom, developing separate programming and agenda timelines for each session
● Maintained 85% member retention rate through COVID, through continual member engagement and outreach as compared to 73% national membership avg.
● Managed a combined team of 30+ interns, volunteers, and committees for 29 events in fiscal year 2019; successfully executed 96% of events under budget per event and drove a 15% increase in participation in Young Professionals Series
● Developed various event and program sponsorship opportunities for corporate and philanthropic donors; drove a 5% year over year increase in funding for chamber events; tracked annual involvement records
● Negotiated contracts with vendors and concessionaires, conducts site visits, and evaluated venues basis for up to 34 events annually; accountable for maximizing contract value and successful implementation of event plans
● Managed registrations, ticketing, logistics, follow-up, and partnership with local community businesses, committees, and stakeholders to include Music & Arts Festival, Business After Hours, and Evening of Elegance
● Directed comprehensive chamber communication strategy with committee members, coordinated event marketing strategies and plans with Marketing Director
Presbyterian Medical Services (PMS) Mar 2017 – Aug 2018 Marketing & Community Relations Manager
● Developed and evaluated short/long-term marketing and community outreach strategies to achieve cohesive company branding and regional development goals for 18 programs in Southern New Mexico.
● Led community liaison training sessions focused on team-building, communication skills, and client retention.
● Facilitated and oversaw regional advisory councils, comprised of community leaders and partners developing programs and events relevant to each clinic and reporting updates to PMS Board & Executive Leadership.
● Managed part of $500k budget for ad campaigns, community outreach events and partnerships, media release distribution and creation as needed to promote clinic services, new providers, and staff for each clinic region.
● Coordinated grant opportunities with local and federal organizations, providing additional funding opportunities for patient outreach and education across a three county radius Otero County Economic Development Council (OCEDC)/Chamber of Commerce Jan 2016 – Oct 2016 Marketing Director
● Marketing outreach coordinator for Small Business Association’s “Autonomous & Unmanned Systems Cluster”
(AUSC); generated content and oversaw social media campaigns for local business focused on regional growth.
● Media coordinator for OCEDC, Chamber of Commerce, Emerging Technology Ventures, and AUSC; produced and distributed media releases, promotional pieces, and ad design ensuring relevant market saturation.
● Developed marketing strategies to reach clients, partners, and potential leads; directed marketing resources for website development and oversaw branding efforts ensuring fresh content throughout web presence. Clovis/Curry County Chamber of Commerce May 2012 – Dec 2015 & Nov 2016 – Mar 2017 Event Coordinator
● Community liaison to Cannon Air Force Base; enhanced economic development and business growth by identifying local area opportunities to over 5,000 military members and their families.
● State of New Mexico Tourism Department Ambassador; promoted Clovis and recruited statewide and national organizations to hold conferences in local area aligning city with “New Mexico True” rebranding efforts.
● Identified key stakeholders and developed project goals/marketing materials in-line with community mission and growth plan for Clovis Industrial Development Corporation (CIDC); created tailored tradeshows and regional meetings enticing business owners and project developers to relocate to the region.
● Collaborated with relevant industry partners, businesses, and organizations to categorize business marketing needs; ensured locally hosted seminars, webinars, and market segment advertising met scope and deliverables.
● Managed marketing, budget, and scheduling synergies for Clovis Music Festival; coordinated media relations and sponsorship efforts for 3,000 attendees and identified/reported key metrics to executive Board of Directors Columbus Recreation and Parks Department Jan 2010 – May 2012 Program Coordinator
● Led team of 30 personnel for Jazz & Rib Fest in developing cohesive marketing plans and event staffing coordination; efforts brought over 300,000 attendees and $500k revenue to downtown Columbus area.
● Balanced conflicting priorities and constraints as project manager for various city events; coordinated with local area partners, businesses, and non-profit organizations ensuring promotional pieces reflected each program goal.
● Key facilitator of annual event marketing and PR campaigns as a member of the social media team; coordinated content production and distribution of promotional materials for inaugural Downtown Summer Series.
● Created promotions and on-site entertainment for grand opening of $44M newly-renovated downtown riverfront park; implemented recurring event program series attracting total audiences of over 10,000. EDUCATION
● B.A., Communications with Marketing minor - University of Dayton 2009 ACTIVITIES/HONORS
● Featured panelist YP Leaders of Ohio, CCEO 2020
● Certified Tourism Ambassador 2018 – present
● White Sands Rotary Member 2017 – 2018
● Vice President of Otero Young Professionals 2016
● Tourism Association of New Mexico award recipient on behalf of the Clovis Music Festival 2015
● Executive Board Member & Treasurer for Young Professionals of Clovis 2013 – 2015