**/****-**/**** ******** Tap Room Dulles Airport, VA
Restaurant Manger Website: American Tap Room
Annual Sales Volume: $5 million
• Contributed to sales increase: created a Grab-n-go menu with special pricing for airport employees, increasing sales without taking space for traveling customers
• Lowered food cost from 29% to 25% by identifying abuse of employee tickets for free meals
• Lowered waste by strict waste management, training on avoiding poor prep, eliminated pre-cooking after certain hours
• Trained on proper inventory execution and controls while implementing consistent FOH and BOH team training.
• Lowered labor costs from 22% to 12% through proper scheduling per business flow and trends, cross training team, managed a team of 57 employees, Kept turn-over under 10%
• Focused team to ensure speed of service, food and beverage excellence delivered superior guest experience
• Responsible for all aspects of the Restaurant, including inventory, P&L, ordering, HR duties, passed daily inspections by the Airport Authorities for safety and cleanliness.
(Reason for looking: better work-life balance, Dulles airport location closed because of Covid-19 pandemic)
02/2015/04/2017 Washington Dulles Hilton Sterling, VA
• Trained, supervised managed FOH and BOH team members. Up to of 60 to 70 employees per event.
• Planned, coordinated, and executed multiple Fine Dining, buffet, and QSR events
• Briefed staff and checked the room set-up before the event
• Ensured room was ready and turned around for next event.
(Reason for leaving: career growth offered by American Tap Room)
01/2010-02/2015 Layalina Restaurant Arlington, VA
General Manger Layalina Restaurant
Annual Sales Volume: $1.5 Million
• Developed, implemented sales and marketing strategies, maximized seating capacity 45 to 100 opened new level and outdoor seating.
• Increased sales from $600,000 to $1.5million.
• Recognized by Washington Post Magazine as one of the best middle Eastern cuisines in VA/DC area
• Maintained outstanding customer service, catered to high-end clientele, including DC/VA dignitaries and politicians.
(Reason for leaving: family owned business offered limited growth potential)
Banquet Manager Wyndham Hotel Washington D.C.
Asst. Banquet Manager Westin Washington D.C.
Bachelors Business Management Mutha University Mu’tha, Jordan