Kristoffer Karlo M. Tagaro
Unit O, 645 Quirino Highway
Quezon City, Philippines
Experienced and knowledgeable Licensed Chemical Engineer and ISO 9001 Lead Auditor seeking to contribute acquired skills within any Engineering/Quality role. Works well independently, or in a group setting providing all facets of Quality Control/Assurance such as ISO 9001, Process Audits, Uncertainty of Measurement, Statistical Process Control, Procurement, Calibration and Maintenance. In-depth knowledge and understanding of numerous software packages and operating systems. Easily identify and resolve issues and concerns. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
EDUCATION Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering, 2002 De La Salle University, Manila, Philippines
October 2019 – May 2020 Plant Manager – Diochemie Advanced Technologies
Responsible for the overall management of the plant’s day to day operations. This includes the following: o Production operations
o Quality Control/Assurance of raw materials and finished goods o Supply chain of raw materials and equipment
o Inventory of raw materials and equipment
o Maintenance operations
o Generating samples
o Training and development of staff
Assisting in field works like technical inspections and mock-ups on a case to case basis January – October 2019 Engineer 2, Compliance – Emerson Electric Asia Ltd. ROHQ
Part of the Compliance Team of the Asco Numatics Manila Engineering Division which is responsible for making sure that Asco products globally are compliant to Environmental Regulations particularly ROHS and REACH.
Knowledgeable in ROHS, REACH, California Proposition 65
Project lead in the European region while assisting with other projects when needed.
Tasked in the maintenance of the storage of all Environmental Compliance documents.
Part of the group that improved the Material Compliance Database.
Part of the Employee Engagement Committee.
February – October 2018 Quality Management Specialist – Innovathink Corporation
● Responsible for the maintenance of ISO 9001:2015 certification.
● Lead Auditor for the Annual Internal Audit.
● Responsible for the monitoring and closure of all Findings during the External and Internal Audits as well as the implementation of Corrective Actions and verification of effectiveness of such actions.
● Responsible for all Quality related activities such as Risk and Opportunity Assessment, Access Review Reports, Training Monitoring, Document Review, Document Control, QMS Roadmap, Quality Objectives, Team Performance Reports.
● Responsible for leading the Process Owner’s Meeting every month.
● Responsible for generating the Minutes of Meeting (MOM) during the Process Owner’s Meeting, Quality Meeting and Management Review Meeting.
● Act as backfill for the Deployment Manager reviewing all activities involved in the Change Requests and applying the Software Development Life Cycle procedure. September 2017 – January 2018 Value Chain Administrator – TRT Global Solutions Philippines, Inc
● Responsible for quotations and purchase requirements of the company.
● Responsible for preparing customs documentation and ensuring shipments meet all applicable laws to facilitate the import and export of goods.
● Responsible for determining and tracking of duties and taxes payable and process payments on behalf of TRT.
● Represent TRT and coordinate transportation and storage of imported goods.
● Responsible for sourcing and building strategic alliances with new vendors. November 2016 – September 2017 Quality Officer – Intertek International Limited
● Part of the Programme Management (PM) Team of the Government and Trade Services (GTS) Business Line that deals with Conformity Assessment Programmes (CAPs).
● Responsible for the maintenance of ISO 9001 Global Certification.
● Responsible for the maintenance of ISO/IEC 17020 & ISO/IEC 17065 Accreditation of GTS Head Office in United Arab Emirates (UAE).
● Responsible for the monitoring of findings raised during Government Client Audits (e.g. KSA, Kuwait, Kenya, Nigeria, etc.).
● Responsible for the coordination of Internal and Extenal trainings of all PM Offices (UAE, Philippines and South Africa).
● Acted as Laboratory Assessment In-Charge (LAIC) for the evaluation and maintenance of CAP Approved Laboratories globally.
● Part of the Quality System Core Committee of the CAP Impartiality Committee (CAP-IC). September 2015 – January 2016 Associate, Research Project Coordinator – Convergys Philippines
● Assigned in Project Services of Convergys Analytics Solutions working closely with the Project Managers based in the US in doing Market Survey Research for the clients.
● Responsible for doing Quality Checks on all important documentations specific to the project like Sample Files, Etabs, Datalink, Job Status and Deck Reports.
● Responsible for checking survey completions and making sure that all email samples are sent to the clients
(for online surveys) and that the Research Center are reaching their quotas (for phone surveys)
● Responsible for reviewing the survey questionnaires and making sure that the programs used for both the online and phone surveys are working properly.
● Responsible for reviewing the banner specifications to be used in Etabs and making sure that all data are presented properly.
● Responsible for reviewing the Analyst's Quarterly and Monthly Reports presented to the clients and apply comments and suggestions when necessary.
October 2012 – August 2015 Associate Project Researcher – UL Verification Services Philippines
● Part of the Global Regulatory Research Center team conducting research on Technical Regulations, Local Government Regulations, Safety Standards, Importation and Trade Laws, Product Certification Schemes, Product Labelling, etc. focusing on Consumer Product Safety (Toys, Textiles, Food Contact Materials, etc.)
● Knowledgeable in Product Compliance, Product Safety Requirements, Chemical Requirements, Environmental Regulations, Energy Efficiency, ROHS, WEEE, EMC
● Project lead for all countries in the Americas region (North and South America) while assisting with other projects when needed. Initially tasked to lead projects for the Oceania region (Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands).
● Spearheaded the Chemical Database Management project in Manila in coordination with the team in Hong Kong and San Francisco.
● Temporarily assigned to handle the UL Newsletter for Consumer Products May 2012 – August 2012 Quality Management System Coordinator – CB Richard Ellis Philippines
● Responsible for controlling all Quality Documents and Records including distribution, filing and disposal
● Conducted Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action/Preventive Action verification on all audited departments and off sites. Coordinates with all business lines team representatives regarding the submission of their Key Results Areas Performance Monitoring Report April 2008 – June 2010 Quality Officer – Arab Center for Engineering Studies
● Conducted internal audits through the Internal Quality Control and Process Control Test Performance Audits. Responsible for generating the annual schedule for both audits. Conducted daily laboratory checks and random site visits on all satellite laboratories.
● Acted as Procurement Coordinator for the company coordinating with the Department Managers and Laboratory Supervisors. Responsible for acquiring goods (equipments and materials) and services (external calibrations and maintenance) at the lowest total cost with considerations of quantity, quality, timely delivery and vendor performance. Obtain information from, or follow up with suppliers to complete order as necessary. Responsible for the procurement of Master Equipments for calibration ensuring the quality of the equipment suitable to be used for internal calibration.
● Evaluates and monitors supplier performance. Maintains supplier history and data files. Responsible for maintaining and updating the Accredited Supplier’s and Contractor’s List. Responsible for doing vendor accreditation. Meets with suppliers to review, negotiate and resolve communication, economics, timing and other related issues related to the purchasing process.
● Responsible for all equipment’s calibration, maintenance, registration and inventory. Ensures all equipment are calibrated and maintained properly. Ensures the availability of copies of calibration certificates. Responsible for generating the annual preventive maintenance schedules for all equipment. Responsible for conducting internal calibrations on some of the equipment used for material testing. Ensures all specifications are in accordance with the required standard.
● Responsible for the upkeep of the company’s standards and ensured that all copies of the standards being used are up to date. Generated and updated test worksheets, report templates and calibration procedures. Responsible for controlling all Quality Documents including distribution, filing and disposal. Responsible for generating the Annual Customer Satisfaction Survey Report.
● Acted as Aconex administrator for the company. Manages the Quality Management Site and provides updates when necessary.
August 2007 – January 2008 Productivity Assurance Coordinator – eTelecare Global Solutions
● Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
● Acquired the knowledge of real time queue management and analysis using various call management softwares (i.e. CMS, Aspect, RTA).
● Enhanced skills in MS Excel (macros, vlookup, pivot table, etc.) by creating templates for generating reports.
● Generated reports (i.e. productivity reports, absenteeism reports, compliance reports, etc.). Analyzed and forwarded said reports to the clients and the management. December 2005 – July 2007 Technical Solutions Specialist – Siemens IT Solutions
● Provided phone technical support for all Toshiba laptops to North American customers (TAIS – Toshiba Americas Information System).
● Part of the Out of Scope Network Group (OOSNET) dealing with network (LAN/WLAN) and internet connectivity issues.
May 2004 – July 2004 Quality Control Technician – Coca-Cola Bottlers Philippines
● Monitored process parameters by conducting routine laboratory testing (color, pH, leak test, etc.). Analyzed test results and forwarded generated reports to the Quality Control Supervisor.
● Assisted Line Engineers in maintaining the quality of products being produced by each production line by doing routine line inspection. Ensured quality of finished products by doing finished product quality testing. November 2002 – July 2003 Cadet Engineer – Trust International Paper Company
● Trained as Process Engineer for the Fiber Processing Department (Raw Materials Department and De-Inking Plant). Monitored process parameters using Statistical Process Control and Correlation-Regression Analysis. Resolve issues using the Kepner-Tregoe Problem Solving Technique.
● Underwent Management Training. Acquired the knowledge on the various operations of the paper manufacturing industry through various seminars, workshops, classroom and on-the-job trainings geared towards personal and professional development.
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSES
● Licensed Chemical Engineer
● ISO 9001:2015 Certified Lead Auditor (CQI & IRCA)