Name: SANTHOSH SELVAM
Address: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Contact Number: +91-848*******
Mail Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn URL: https://www.linkedin.com/in/santhosh-selvam-/ Sex: male Date of Birth: 5th July 1993 Nationality: Indian PERSONAL STATEMENT
• A highly skilled professional with more than Seven years & one month of progressive experience in leading and managing as Quality Senior Engineer to maintains Quality & Operations management.
• Proven track record of achieving sustained improvements in quality, cost and delivery functions
• Skillful in developing production plans to opt out maximum production in the respective shift, with less machine idle time
• Can able to build a team & build Quality management System for Plant.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Industrial Engineering, Engineering Change Management.
• Effective in leading and mentoring large size teams to achieve Quality and manufacturing measures
• Conversant with Quality Control Tools which include Flow Chart, Cause and Effect Diagrams, Histogram, Pareto Analysis, Scatter Plot and Control Charts.
• Expertise in managing entire gamut of testing setup preparation & testing activities
• Having good Training skills to train new persons & On Job Trainings
• Strong analytics skills to precaution of new products in proto development
• Troubleshooting skills in whole air-conditioning systems & Whole Injection moldings Problems.
Jul 2013 – May 2019
May 2019 – At Present
Subros Limited Chennai (India’s Leading Thermal Products Company for Automotive Applications in Technical Collaboration with DENSO) Senior Engineer Quality
Sara Plastic Industries ( Injection molding – HMI Tyre 2 ) Engineer Operations
Subros Limited Chennai
• Successful in achieving Production & Quality goal as per plan and within parameters of cost, quality and on-time delivery.
• Examining, developing and suggesting design approaches necessary to meet production requirements
• Developing strategic plans and managing activities related to scheduling of machine as per product-lines
• Increasing productivity by establishing cycle time and reducing NVA activities
• Maintaining and developing quality systems for working towards zero defects and zero rejections
• Implementing and ensuring compliance to ISO 9000 and IATF 16949 Performing deviation analysis and taking corrective and preventive actions on deviation
• Associating with numerous departments like Production engineering, Product engineering, Industrial engineering and manufacturing for the smooth transaction of process.
• Conducting training to the new recruits in methods department
• Productively reduced cycle time, cost of the project and executed process improvement projects to increase the productivity
• Handling the task of Customer complaints & Corrective and Preventive Actions(CAPA)
• Utilizing QC tools to analyze data and gathering data from internal in-process rejections records
• Handled multiple new product production improvement projects
• Oversaw numerous new product introduction till the start of production (including making process check sheets, control plan, work instruction, best practices)
• Designed parts information ﬂow diagram for everyone to understand the process ﬂow, material ﬂow, cycle times, Poka-yoke availability and all the things which happen over from raw material till ﬁnished goods in a single sheet
• Successfully completed DENSO audit and all audits conducted by customers & internal team
• Oversaw the task of Proto Development for Bus, Truck & Rail Engine HVAC
• Performed entire circuit & component level testing Noteworthy Accomplishments & Highlights:
• Reduced overall scrap rate from 25% to 5% by conducting several QCC
• Implemented on-the-job training, periodic performance evaluation methods, competency mapping, suggestion reward scheme to motivate operators to involve in improvement activities
• Formed QCC teams to ensure each individual to participate in quality improvement program and win prizes
• Diligently analyzed production bottlenecks and performed multiple kaizens on it and drastically reduced cycle time
• Performed various machine modiﬁcation to improve production and process
• Increased productivity of Bus A/C models through QCC
• Developed the safety in HLD machine
• Successfully managed poke-yoke kaizen for Shroud Fan Assembly Fixture & Condenser Assembly Fixture
• Achieved the highest production given by the customer (FML) in urgent basis 350 kits/month
• Got Best Coordinators Award (Kaizen) in CII in 2014
• Participated in all INTRA and INTER Kaizen & QCC competitions and won many prizes
• Team Won PLATINUM Award in ABK-AOTS DOSAKAI Kaizen Competition (2018, 2017 and 2015)
• Team Won Gold Award in ABK-AOTS DOSAKAI Kaizen Competition (2016)
• Set up change over time for a new product
• Wiring harness rejections in QCC project
• Reduced the recirculation
• Evaporator Damage through QCC
• Packing cost of Bus A/C model in QCC
• Several POKA Yoke to improve the product quality
• Consumable monitoring system to reduce the consumable cost
• Control charts in CTQ points
• Super market concept and FIFO system to ensure smooth material ﬂow as well as to improve the process quality
• Andon System in Bus A/C
• Kanban system in Kitting line through
• Document for the ﬁnal inspection process
• The ﬁxture of solenoid valve direction changing
• Yokotenkai activity at all workplaces
• Point photography concepts at the shop ﬂoor
• Visual Management System Implemented at Bus A/C and Kitting Key Responsibilities Senior Engineer Quality
Sara Plastics Industries Chennai
• Knowledge in IATF 16949-2016, ISO 9001-2015 standards and responsible for documentation work.
• Preparing and maintaining PPAP & APQP Documents.
• Analyzing customer’s specific requirements and based on their requirements preparing PFMEA, Control plan & Process flow diagram.
• Knowledge in MSA & SPC
• Manage QMS related deployments and implementations.
• Monitoring & improving process through capability study.
• To interact with quality team for quality improvements and updating the points to the production team.
• Conducting Product Audit, Process Audit to reduce non-compliances & achieve customer satisfaction.
• Performed applicable risk and root cause analysis using engineering quality problem solving techniques.
• Feasibility check responsibility.
• Reducing the defects by using 7 QC tools.
• Conducting Third party inspection.
• Preparing and maintaining MRM & IATF documents and records.
• ERP using updating data to maintain records and database.
• Ensuring that every product passed quality check.
• Evaluating all documents related to product’s to ensure all non-conformities are attended. LANGUAGE
• Undergoing A2 Level Certiﬁcation for German Language
• Hindi Starting level (Speak only)
• English Good Knowledge in Read, Write & Speak
• Tamil Good Knowledge in Read, Write & Speak
2010 - 2013 • Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering from Thanthai Periyar Government Polytechnic College, Vellore, India
• Core Tools(APQP,FMEA,PPAP,SPC,MSA)
• ISO 9000/IATF 16949,QMS,EMS,IMS
• Basis Technics(5s, Kanban,Kaizen,SGA)
• Production Technics(OEE, SMED, Cycle time reduction, Continuous flow, Bottleneck Analysis, PDCA,Poke-Yoke,Takt time)
• Problem Solving Technics • Quality circle • Six sigma Basics
• Root Cause Analysis • Wastage Management • Quality Assurance KEY SKILLS
• Quality Management • Rejection Reducing • Quality Assurance
• Safety Management • Conducting CFT Meeting • Record Keeping
• Lean Manufacturing • Streamlining Process • Fault Diagnosis
• Customer Satisfaction • Manpower Planning • Material Planning
• Red bin Analysis • Fatigue analysis • Team