LYN M. LOOFT
Cell: 703-***-****/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anne Arundel Medical Center March ’18 to present
Conference Service Officer
• Book over 6000 Meetings, Classes and Conferences a year
• Write contracts, invoices, process payments, plan, execute, work with vendors for External Groups
• Conduct weekly meetings with catering, A/V, set up teams
• Work with volunteers who work at our front desk
• Administrator of the EMS booking system, train staff how to use, add new employees, approve requests and use
• Serve on several committees for large scale internal events
• Network/market the Doordan Institute to increase external business Anne Arundel County Chamber of Commerce August ’17 to March‘18 Director of Programs & Events
• Develop an annual calendar of program and event activities, Business Hall of Fame, Legislative Breakfast, Excellence in Education, Holiday Mixer, Networking Breakfasts/Happy Hours, plus four Forums and many other events.
• Plan, coordinate and execute successful programs and events. Successful execution includes reaching attendance, sponsorship, and financial objectives for each activity.
• Administer the program and event process; which includes developing budgets and timelines, manage details and costs, solicit sponsorships, registration, execution, post wrap-up and reports, and manage volunteer program and event committees.
• Handle event site selection, negotiate event facilities and services agreements, and supervise the performance of contractual commitments and services.
• In collaboration with the President/CEO, determine and set pricing on attendance, sponsorships and other revenue generating activities requiring payment and invoicing.
• Maintain accurate records of all program and events.
• Recruit and manage volunteers; and organize them into committees that engage in and support the planning, execution, and underwriting of programs and events.
• Assist and make recommendations on annual program and event budgeting, new program and event development, and enhancements that improve the value of program and events to the Chamber membership.
• Develop and execute the corporate social media strategy
• Monitor web activities
• Social advertising, promote content through social advertising
• Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns
• Develop surveys to follow all events, as well as what our members are looking for the Chamber to do for them
• Develop the organization’s marketing and communications effort; including assisting with the weekly eNewsletter
• Promote, market, and communicate all programming and event activities P.J. Clarke’s, Washington DC June ‘16 to May ‘17
Director of Private Affairs
• Run Sidecar, private dining space/membership club
• Concierge visits
• Maintain Sidecar database/communicate with members
• Secure contracts with outside vendors, local businesses
• Work with guests to execute their personal events
• Marketing efforts to increase membership
• Participate in offsite marketing events
• Oversee wait staff, manage schedules, train in proper service U.S. Naval Academy Alumni Association, Annapolis MD May ‘05 to May ‘16 Associate Director, Events
The United States Naval Academy (USNA) Alumni Association serves 64,000 members of its graduate community with the goal of preserving the Naval Academy's rich history and traditions and promoting the extraordinary accomplishments of its graduates. Key Responsibilities:
• Manage all aspects of Marketing including video, online and print.
• Organize and execute all USNA home game tailgates as well as multiple events for Bowl Games & Army-Navy Football.
• Organize and execute annual Board Meetings and several internal conferences
• Coordinate events annually at the USNA Alumni House, including wedding receptions, VIP receptions, cocktail parties, private parties, class reunions, corporate events, training sessions and meetings.
• Write annual budget for revenue and non-revenue generating as well as other departments event budgets
• Attend conferences to increase my knowledge and learn new skills and strategies to support the goals of our organization.
• Organize and execute 2 picnics annually attended by 5,000 people.
• Negotiate contracts and manage relationships with our vendors, including hotels, caterers, A/V companies, trade show vendors.
• Work Social Media (Facebook and three Wedding websites)
• Work with local business to market and network for more business (Chamber of Commerce committees and local CVB).
• Attended CASE District II Conference, Event Solutions Conference, Blackbaud Conference.
• Worked a Bridal trade show, had a booth, manned, organized, designed display and giveaway for several years.
• Organized events in Dublin, Ireland to include a tailgate for 1300 people and several other events.
• Distinguished Graduate Dinner
Naval Academy Catering, Annapolis MD Oct. ‘04 to May ‘05 Catering Operations Manager
Coordinated customized events for corporate and private clients at the United States Naval Academy’s prestigious Officers' & Faculty Club. Key Responsibilities and Accomplishments:
• Organized a minimum of 50 events per month
• Negotiated and secured all contracts; final sign off on all invoicing
• Rewrote contract format and all banquet package information
• Supervised a staff of over 50 wait staff and office staff Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery, Arlington, VA Aug. 99 to Oct. 04 Special Events Coordinator/Local Restaurant Marketing Developed and implemented a strategy to generate increased revenue from customized events for corporate and private clients, and to raise Rock Bottom’s public profile. Key Responsibilities:
• Promoted from server to trainer, then head trainer, supervisor, and eventually Special Events Coordinator/LRM in eight months.
• Directly supervised a core banquet staff of 12 people, and scheduled, hired, terminated, and trained all 35 plus restaurant employees.
• Managed an average of 20 banquet events per month during off-peak season and 60 banquet events per month during peak season.
• Negotiated and secured contracts, created and managed budgets, created customized menus, maintained correspondence with key customers, evaluated equipment and personnel needs, and distributed work orders to appropriate departments.
• Managed local radio, print, and television advertising; experienced in all aspects of running daily sales meetings, floor management, opening and closing, and shipping and receiving.
• Secured ongoing free promotional airtime with the number one radio stations in each of the Pop, Alternative, and Country music formats in the Washington DC media market. One event, LunchTimeLive, featured Montgomery Gentry performing live from the restaurant, netting $75,000 in advertising for the cost of catering lunch for 100 people.
• Implemented annual national Fire Chief Ale promotion, resulting in increased sales of 33% over the average revenue for a Thursday night.
• Implemented and coordinated all aspects of the annual Shamrock Street Festival, resulting in increased sales of 47% over the average revenue for a Saturday night.
• Implemented two corporate frequent customer programs (Mug Club and VIP Card), enrolling over 3,000 active members for each program.
• Participated on Steering Committee for Miracle on 7th Street Christmas charity event, raising $30,000 in corporate sponsorships. As chairperson for toy drive, broke regional record for donations.