SENIOR PROCUREMENT ENGINEER
Dynamic procurement professional with
10+ years of extensive experience in
sourcing, order processing, subcontracts,
rental contracts & work orders.
Extensive experience in development of
sourcing strategies, vendor identification,
development and analytical assessment
to strengthen supply chain effectiveness.
Conversant with procurement software.
Self-starter, disciplined, and goal oriented
Masters in Commerce (Finance & Management)
Diploma (CIPS) in Certificate in Procurement & Supply Chain Mgmt. WORK EXPERIENCE
ALSTOM/ACCIONA/GULERMAK IV JAN 2017 - Till Date
Senior Procurement Engineer
Analyze all suppliers in order to select the most suitable suppliers who are able to deliver high quality approved products at competitive rates. Negotiate with suppliers on lead-time, cost and quality to obtain maximum benefits. Manage suppliers to meet objectives related to cost, delivery performance, delivery schedule and quality. ALEC ENGINEERING AND CONTRACTING JULY 2006 - JAN 2017 Senior Procurement Officer
Estimate and establish cost parameters and budget for purchase. Create and maintain healthy relationship with suppliers. Maintain records of purchases, pricing and other relevant information. Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services and supplies. Negotiate best deals for pricing and deliveries for supplies on contract basis. Ensure quality of products are in line with approved benchmarks. HIGGS & HILL INTERNATIONAL JAN 1998 - JULY 2006
Senior Procurement Officer
Develop purchasing or sourcing strategies based on portfolio analyses and supplier performance study. Ensure commercial, legal and contractual compliances in all procurement transactions. Adopt appropriate supplier management methodologies and procurement strategies in purchasing to secure best prices.
Page 2 of 3
• Formulating and implementing the procurement strategy by developing/modifying strategy for purchase.
• Planning and controlling all requisite activities to perform such as techno-commercial evaluation, hard-core negotiations, recommendations, ordering, inspections, expediting and tracking, payment processing and reporting.
• Assessing performance of suppliers and sub-contractors based on various criteria like rejection percentage, quality improvement rate, on-time delivery, credit terms, etc.
• Overseeing follow-up with suppliers for deliverables, quality checks and ensuring timely payments. Documentation/Techno-Commercial
• Developing purchase/work service orders, developing comparative statements and analyzing quotations.
• Checking all bills, finalizing them as per purchase order terms and conditions and forwarding the bills to finance department along with site acknowledgement.
• Ability to analyze, assess and review actions to achieve the organizational goals in the most professional and business and technical oriented, long term strategic partnership policy with clients for advanced growth in the best industrial business house and discharging the following tasks in an error free, high productivity output for organizational goal.
• Participate in contracts strategy for project works
• Pre-qualify contractors for various services
• Handle PRS, RFQS and evaluate quotes
• Prepare ITB and Contract documents
• Prepare recommendation to award projects
• Issue purchase orders, letters of intent, blanket orders, work service orders, subcontracts and plant hire & service agreements
• Interface with technical departments
• Evaluate Supplier performance management
• Good negotiation skills
• Technical skills assessing supplier capabilities
• Inventory and material interface in ERP
• Post contract management and closeout
• Manage Change orders, Variations and claims
• Vendor development, pre-qualification and registration
• Documentation: Bid Bond, Performance Bond, Liability and Claims
• Ability to read drawings & specifications, raise queries for tendering of projects
• Expertise in High-rise Buildings, all types of structural constructions and interior and exterior decorations
• Knowledge of Quantity take-offs related to civil materials and services and rentals of high valued plant and equipment
• Ability to prepare estimation & BOQ for projects
• Ability to float enquiries and collecting quotations for the preparation of estimation
• Ability to carry out interpersonal, informational and decisional roles in an organization
• Ability for planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and controlling the activities of an organization
• Able to set objectives, timetables, and priorities
• Able to operate with minimum supervision, both independently and in a team environment
• Excellent customer service and public relation skills
• Working knowledge with MS applications
Page 3 of 3
• Presently working as Senior Procurement Engineer at one of UAE’s iconic projects (Expo Link 2020)
• Liaise with projects and departments planning and BOQS with regards to Procurement Schedule Vs. Project Progress and Plans of Completion
• Ensure accomplishment of projected purchasing activities within established project schedule and delivery effect of materials and services on time
• Prepare RFQ to the approved bidders
• Arrange and attend technical/commercial clarification meeting with the prospective bidders and propose final commercial deal to best economical and budget allowable
• Prepare commercial evaluation of bids, organize and attend pre-award meetings and visit suppliers & subcontractors, warehouses and establishments and factories and manufacturing units for having a bird’s eye view of suppliers’ potential
• Prepare purchase orders and revisions
• Follow up with vendor for submission of required documents for review and approval PROJECT HISTORY
Expo Link 2020, Dubai
Value: AED 12 billion [Dubai Route Rail Project - RTA Client] Bvlgari Hotel & Residences, Dubai
Value: AED 1.75 billion
Bluewaters Wharf Retail, Dubai
Value: AED 1.3 billion
Al Maktoum Airport Passenger Terminal Building Expansion, DWC, Dubai Value: AED 650 million
Dubai International Airport Expansion [Phase-2] (Concourse 3), Dubai Value: AED 4.3 billion (US$ 1,172,000,000)
Park Hyatt Hotel - Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi
Value: AED 672 billion (US$ 184,000,000)
Saadiyat Al Manara, Abu Dhabi
Value: AED 205 million (US$ 56,000,000)
Yas Island Golf Links Club House, Abu Dhabi
Value: AED 213 million (US$ 58,000,000)
Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort & Spa, Abu Dhabi
Value: AED 900 million (US$ 245,000,000)
Mirdiff City Centre, Dubai
Value: AED 2 billion (US$ 545,000,000)
Dubai Marina Mall & Hotel Apartments, Dubai
Value: AED 1.2 billion (US$ 326,900,000)