Samantha May’s Resume
Objective: A motivated Administrative Professional seeking a position in a challenging environment where I can show case my attained education, skills and abilities. Over 5 years’ experience successfully providing administrative and secretarial support to the operational department. Proficient in a range of computer applications. Experience:
Project Administrator - Whitireia University - Practical Experience February 2019 to November 2020
• Responsible for planning, organizing, typing correspondence and directing operations related to the project we were working on, executing projects from start to finish.
• Lead team members in the project development department and oversee the team’s projects to make sure they are running as planned.
• Used extensive computer skills to typed and ran various project reports for assessment by team.
• Responsible for all the administrative task needed for the success of the project which included disseminating correspondence via e-mail, scanning and uploading important documents, arranging team meetings, etc.
• Maintained a positive demeanor, and cooperated with colleagues to foster a positive working environment.
• Was responsible for problem solving and decision making during the process of selecting entrepreneurs.
• Called various companies to set up interviews with CEOs of various companies and
• Maintained schedule of interview times.
• Conducted interviews with company CEOs and other stakeholders to determine entrepreneurial background and analyzed data information with fellow team members. Receptionist/Admin Assistant, C-Track
27 May 2016 -30 December 2016
• Responsible for managing the reception area by welcoming all Branch visitors and direct them to the correct departments or individuals.
• Answering the switchboard efficiently, by transferring or redirecting callers to the correct extensions.
• Distribute messages where necessary. Prepared all administrative correspondence and photocopied and filed documents.
• Other duties included filing, photocopying etc. Complete any other tasks or duties assigned by management.
Administrate Assistant, American Embassy
1 May 2014 -5 March 2016
• Provided administrative and technical support to the PEPFAR Health Management office responsible for the management of all PEPFAR projects and programs at the American Embassy, South Africa.
• Served as the Timekeeper for all PEPFAR American and local employee and duties include maintaining time sheets and accurately inputting time and attendance data into the timekeeping system. Verify attendance, hours worked and pay adjustments while tracking overtime hours and tracking compensatory time earned. Also responsible for keeping track of leave time such as vacation, holidays, personal or sick days for employees.
• Duties also include ensuring time sheets are submitted and received by employees on time to issue accurate payroll adjustments.
• Maintained staff diaries and replied to requests for appointment and meetings. Set-up PEPFAR meeting with all PEPFAR partners internal and external and kept the PEPFAR contact list updated and current.
• Retrieve and respond to country clearance cables. Complete visitor’s notifications and submit to visitor’s bureau. Maintain data and manual filing systems and update files on a regular basis.
• Was responsible for making travel arrangements for Staff traveling domestically and internationally. Assist with assembling complex briefing packages for the ambassador and high-level visitors.
Temp Administrative Clerk/Assistant, Kelly Personal 1 February 2014 -April 2014
• TEMPT at Deloitte in Pretoria – Filing and Data Capturing
• TEMPT at the American Embassy (PAS Section) – Administration work, assisting with book drives for underprivilege schools. Assisting with events coordination. Records Clerk (oncology department), Wellington hospital 1 October 2012 -30 November 2013
• Creating patient files for the blood and cancer unit; preparing files for up and coming cancer clinics, locating lost files; sending files of deceased patients off-site, filing and archiving all files.
• Captured patient information and updated maintained data entry system by ensuring that the information is correct and current at all times. Verifies entered patient information for account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or re- entering data.
• Served as a receptionist responsible for incoming and outgoing calls. Taking messages for the various staff and placing long distance calls when necessary.
• Responsible for all incoming and outgoing mail, including mailing DHL or FedEx packages. Responsible for tax invoices for all clients ensuring that the client bills are charged to the correct accounts though excel spreadsheets. Education
November 2019 – BA in Applied Business Management, Whitireia University During my study aboard, I managed to keep a B+ average while being a single mother as well as working a part time job. I am able to learn and grasp new concepts and understand the benefits of business practices while improving perhaps some practices that are not necessarily aligning with a company’s mission and visit.
Skills and Abilities
Adept in Technology Proficiency in Microsoft office Verbal & Written Communication Organization Skills Time Management Strategic Planning
Interpersonal skills Excellent interview skills
C-track, 071*******, firstname.lastname@example.org
Laverne Jacobs (relocated)
American Embassy, +1-703-***-****, email@example.com Barbara Hardy,
Wellington Hospital, +64-27-369-****, firstname.lastname@example.org Vivian de Kok
Kelly Personnel, email@example.com