SOTIRIOS KOROLOGOS CV
Contact: +44-117-***-**** – email@example.com Qualifications & Professional Certifications
Electromechanical Engineering - Patras University – Greece Mechanical & Electrical Professional Engineer
State licensed Electromechanical Contractor
Postgraduate Certificate in Construction Law & Arbitration - Robert Gordon University UK Project Management Professional, PMP – Project Management Institute Prince2 Practitioner Certificate in Project Management Prince2 Foundations in Project Management
ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager
Lloyd’s Certificate in Marine Law and Shipping Contracts Certified ISO 9000 provisional auditor by IRCA (U.K) Summary of Experience
More than 30 years’ experience in design, construction and project management consultancy, gained within a wide range of assignments, covering technical, supervisory and managerial positions, mainly in the Oil & Gas, as well as Power and Infrastructure sectors. Main technical background in piping and mechanical engineering, however due to the diversity of the projects involved, and the wide range of assignments, multidisciplinary engineering and construction background has also been gained in civil, electrical, instrumentation, process and control systems knowledge areas. The last 20 years served in managerial positions, such as Senior Project Engineer, Engineering Manager and Project Manager in both onshore and offshore multibillion $ oil and gas projects, including grassroots and brownfield works. Expert in handling construction claims and change management, with a thorough knowledge in construction law and contract interpretation.
Overseas working experience with EPC Contractors, Consultancy and Oil & Gas Companies, including major international companies, such as Aramco, BP, Penspen and Parsons. Familiar with cultural issues involved with a multinational workforce, having more than 20 years of experience working overseas in Middle East and African countries. Able to work under pressure and in harsh remote environments, such as deserts and offshore. Projects
• (November 2017 - to date) SAUDI ARAMCO employee - Shaybah / Saudi Arabia Senior Project Engineer -Shaybah CCF Combined Cycle Facilities Modifications to six existing GE Gas Turbines, 65 MW each, to operate under a combined cycle scheme, by demolishing the existing stacks and adding an OTSG (Once Through Steam Generator) to each Gas Turbine. The produced steam of the six OTSGs supplies two Siemens Steam Turbines, 120 MW each. The Project includes two ACCs (Air Cooled Condensers), Vacuum units, Water Treatment Plant, Water Polishing and Chemical Dosing Facilities, to produce high quality steam, suitable for the Steam Turbines. In charge of a multidisciplinary site supervision team, leading the team to achieve the objectives of the contract terms, scope of work and corporate policy. Handling field engineering, contractual correspondence, quality and safety issues of the works.
• (November 2013 – November 2017) SAUDI ARAMCO employee - Shaybah / Saudi Arabia Senior Project Engineer - NGL Recovery and Utilities Package - Shaybah NGL Plant Megaproject Grassroots EPC Megaproject in the Saudi Arabia Empty Quarter, awarded to Samsung Korea, including Gas Treatment, NGL Recovery, Power Generation and Utilities. Responsible for the Construction and Contract Management of the NGL and Propane storage sphere tanks, De-Methanizer, De-Ethanizer/De-Propanizer columns, associated piping and rotating equipment, in addition to instrument air and nitrogen generation packages. Responsible to achieve scheduled performance, cost, quality, health, safety and environmental requirements of the project from contract award to Proponent’s Organization acceptance.
• (February 2011 – November 2013) SAUDI ARAMCO employee - Persian Gulf Offshore / Saudi Arabia Aramco Offshore Representative - Karan Field Offshore Gas Production Platforms Megaproject Installation and hook up of 4 prefabricated platforms on preinstalled jackets. Platforms were prefabricated at U.A.E and installed offshore by McDermott. The scope included the installation - hook up, precommissioning, commissioning and start-up of the facilities.In charge of the Project Management Team onboard, handling the contractual correspondence and signing off the daily logs of the fleet and commissioning documentation.
• (March 2010 - February 2011) ATHENA LLC – Fujairah U.A.E Project Manager
Expansion of offshore existing facilities - VOPAK (VHFL) Fujairah-UAE Scope of work included design and construction of existing jetty expansion with additional pipe racks, installation of new pipelines, additional loading arms and existing piping modifications. Responsible for the conceptual scope development, overall program development, define key resource needs, staffing, development of execution strategy, cost development, preliminary schedule development, evaluating engineering alternatives.
Manage technical packages to obtain fully approval from end-user on schedule. Ensure selected systems and equipment in accordance with contract, specifications and performance requirements. Manage internal team and fleet to ensure delivering the work on schedule.Manage and control internal labor cost. Manage contract and customer expectation, handling change management according to the commercial terms and conditions of the contract, to ensure compliance with Client’s standards with the optimum cost. Implementing rigorous risk management to ensure that the project will be delivered timely and profitable.
• (August 2007 – March 2010) BP/GUPCO - Egypt
Senior Project Engineer - Rehabilitation of Suez Offshore Platforms - Brownfield Scope included, identifying sources of Operation Hazards and rehabilitating the existing platforms to an acceptable level of Safety Standards. The project in excess of one billion USD $ was awarded to ENPPI as the EPC main Contractor. The project included design, reliability studies, rehabilitation of topsides, vessel and piping replacement, sub-sea pipelines and risers at Ras Shukier, Gulf of Suez. Main responsibilities involved Management of Engineering Deliverables, Contract Management and Offshore Field Support. Management of main contract and fifteen subcontracts as placed from main Contractor on behalf of the Client. Maintaining a continue review of the progress of the subcontracts, identifying and highlighting to the project team areas of potential risk, handling all contractual issues arisen, preparing change orders and amendments and assisting in negotiations between involved parties to obtain settlement.
• (February 2007 - August 2007) PENSPEN INTERNATIONAL LTD Senior Project Engineer - Consultant / Assistant Project Manager - Project Hout Tank Farm Expansion
(KJO) – Client Al Khafji Joint Operations
In charge of a multi-disciplined engineering group handling the review and approval of EPC Contractor (ENPPI) detailed design of the tanks, associated piping and instrumentation. Responsible for processing all project related correspondence and design reviews. Defining the scope and developing procurement strategies for new packages of work, identifying the optimum solution and delivery strategy.
• (June 2004 – February 2007) PARSONS - Saudi Arabia Senior Project Engineer - Construction Support Group Parsons provides Project Management Services to Royal Commissioning Yanbu for Industrial Infrastructure Projects, including mainly Power Plant Expansions, Substations and Water Treatment Plants. In charge of a multidiscipline task force engineering team, handling design reviews, field engineering and construction management support.
• (June 2000 – June 2004) ARCHIRODON OVERSEAS – EPCContractor Design and Construction of Yanbu Seawater Cooling System Expansion – Yanbu KSA - Client Royal Commission Yanbu / Engineer PARSONS
Project scope included engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning of a 15km GRP Pipeline
(3700 mm diameter), to supply Yanbu new industries with cooling seawater. In charge of a multidiscipline design team, managing the overall design scope and related issues. The duties involved piping design, including pipe selection, preparation of piping plans and profiles, hydraulic and stress calculations of FRP underground pipes. Design co-ordination of all disciplines, preparation of detailed requisitions for equipment and materials, review of supplier submittals and preparation of technical and commercial bid evaluation and establishment of applicable QA/QC documentation.
Construction of Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment Plants Jubail KSA - Client Royal Commission Jubail / Engineer BECHTEL
Head of Mechanical Design & Construction Team
Scope included the renovation of the three existing R.O. Plants, drilling of water wells and installation of wells’ interconnecting pipelines. In charge of the mechanical & piping team, responsible for the overall mechanical design and construction. The project included piping, pipelines, pressure vessels, storage tanks and rotating equipment. Design: Pipe selection, preparation of piping plans and isometrics, stress calculations and support design. Construction: Organizing the mobilization of construction electro-mechanical workforce and equipment, team building, establishing construction method statements and quality plans, preparing material control procedures, preparation of WPS and PQR using the applicable piping and welding codes. Construction of Loading Terminal for Petroleum Products – Alexandria Egypt Client MIDTAP / Engineer FOSTER WHEELER
Head of Mechanical Construction Team
Scope included the construction of a tank farm for oil storage, construction of a jetty, loading arms installation, associated pipelines, firewater systems, pressure vessels and rotating equipment. Responsible for the overall mechanical and piping construction management. Organizing the mobilization of mechanical construction team concerning personnel and equipment, material control, management of all mechanical construction related activities in respect of time, cost and quality constraints and handling all construction issues from prefabrication up to the final commissioning stage.
• ( May 1999 – June 2000) J & P OVERSEAS EPC Contractor - Faregh GOSP - Libya Client WAHA Oil Company
Head of Mechanical Construction Team. Preparation of piping isometrics, management of all steel structure and piping prefabrication. Detailed and thorough inspection of aged equipment to verify integrity and define retrofitting actions.
• (April 1994 – April 1999) ASPROFOS S.A - Engineering & Consultancy Company Revithousa LNG Terminal – Greece – Client DEPA - Engineer Asprofos / PLE / SHELL – Contractors Whessoe Noel/Sofregas
Head of Mechanical Construction Team
Scope included the construction of two 65000 m3 cryogenic tanks, associated cryogenic piping and equipment. Responsible for the overall mechanical and piping construction management. Reporting only to the Site Manager, ensuring that all installed electromechanical and civil works are in compliance with project engineering drawings and specifications. Attending Site and QA/QC meetings, processing all project related correspondence, reviewing project construction procedures and quality plans, co-coordinating with Client’s and Contractor’s engineers to sign off stages of construction and resolve technical issues. 36 ‘’ Main Pipeline and 24’’ Branches of Greece Natural Gas transmission System – Client DEPA – Contractors Stroytransgas – Zangas - Engineer PLE
Project Engineer - Review of detail pipeline design, WPS, PQR, work procedures, ensuring the compliance with applicable codes, specifications and Q. A. procedures. Responsible to provide engineered solutions to the construction team as needed.
• ( January 1992 – April 1994) TECHNODOMIKI S.A Construction Company - Project Industrial Facilities Construction DEPA – Assistant Site Manager Material selection and issue of purchase requisitions and construction specifications. Preparation of staffing estimation and execution plans. Responsibility for all electromechanical construction activities ensuring that all installed works are in compliance with project drawings/procedures and within the established time schedule.
• (May 1986 – January1992) GREEK MINISTRY OF DEFENCE HVAC and building services design for military hospitals and facilities. Design of military airports lighting and aviation systems.