Saad Ahmed Shaikh
Contact: 587-***-**** Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* ***** ** ********** ** Desktop/Helpdesk Support and CRM. During my professional career, I handled numerous technical, maintenance, and computer support issues. In particular, I configured, diagnosed and set up hardware, software, and peripherals.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Network models,
• OSI Layers L2, L3, L4, L7,
• IP Addressing, DHCP, DNS,
SSL, ARP, NAT, LAN, WAN
• Firewalls and Cisco,VoIP
• Microsoft Server, Win 10
• MAC OS, Deploy Studio
• Printers, Copiers and
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Can Lift up to 50 Lbs
Technical Support Representative Jan 2018 - Jun 2020 Smart Source Rentals, South San Francisco, CA (Windows 10, Mac OS, Technical Support, Printers, Copiers, Networking, Firewalls, Desktop, Laptops, Computers, Help Desk Support)
• Reduced the ticket count to more than 40% through the expertise and by providing quality technical support to the end user clients on phone and on site as being the only one with the expertise to handle more than 500 clients within a company such as Salesforce, Insight Global, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgans and others in running smooth operations at the time of their event
• Improved the server efficiency by 30% on platforms MS Server 2012, 2016 and MAC’s Deploy studio by upgrading hardware and performing tweaks
• Improved downtime by helping the AV technicians with the preparation gear i.e QLED TVs, Mics, Mixers and Projector screens along with 18”-22” speakers
• Installed and managed Sonic Firewall and configurations on Unifi devices.
• Assisted Managers and Techs and Project managers from outside branches in order meet their targets, goals and deadlines
• Expertise with Printers, Copiers and Fax Machines in fixing major printing and jamming issues. Also setting them on the network, printing and quality preferences and setting up according to user requirements with all the top brands such as HP, Brother and Sharp. IT Analyst / Audio Video Technician Aug 2017 - Nov 2017 Mechanics Institute, San Francisco, CA (Windows 7, Windows 10, Technical Support, Printers, Desktop, Laptops, Help Desk Support)
• Reduced issues with computers running in Windows 7 including any technical difficulties
• Improved the downtime of the ticketing including service issues created by end users by providing both hardware and software upgrades
• Provide Audio/Video support for everyday events for staff and guests speakers
• Configured Cisco switches with PCs, printers and VoIP phones
• Cisco VoIP phones configuration, AV conference room setups System Engineer Jan 2013 - Dec 2014
Wichita State University, Wichita, KS (Windows 7, Mac OS, Technical Support, Printers, Desktop, Laptops, Help Desk Support)
• Provided support to more than 300 computers 30 MAC and 270 Windows based computers.
• Imaging and troubleshooting on windows and MAC platforms.
• Network and NIC installation and configuration.
• Examined WAN and LAN problems and assigning IP addresses.
• Provided technical assistance to both staff and students in the library. Help Destk Support Jan 2011– Dec 2012
Shispare, Karachi, Pakistan (Windows 7, Mac OS, Technical Support, Printers, Desktop, Laptops, Help Desk Support)
• Installation and Configuration of Operating System and required software.
• Liaison with local technical team & regional business teams for support issues.
• Troubleshoot and resolve software issues and assist in root cause analysis.
• Recommend solutions, alternatives or enhancements in existing processes/procedures to overcome the deficiencies in software applications.
MS Computer Networking
Wichita State University, Wichita KS USA
Jan 2013 – May 2016
BS Computer Engineering
Sir Syed University, Karachi, PK
Jan 2008 – Jun 2012