George F. Krueger
School Experience Skills Profile
cell 832-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org
• Talented graphic designer balancing a strong creative sense with solid technical skills and printing expertise.
• 30+ years experience as a graphic designer in the prepress industry, with a full range of creative/marketing and communications tools used from conception through production.
• Impeccable organizational, communication, and production skills in making smart judgments about timing, creative direction, and challenging the parameters of a project.
• Team player building strong relationships with the rest of the project team, both internal and client.
• Working knowledge of all mac-based graphic programs, and preflight and post flight applications. COMPUTER GRAPHIC ARTIST/MAC OPERATOR
GROCER’S SUPPLY COMPANY • HOUSTON, TX.
• Artistic creation of ads and posters for various clients.
• Responsible for all aspects of poster production for all clients.
• Familiar with large format printing (posters, banners, etc.)
• Proficient in the use of Canon IPF655 Printers and Océ Colorado Printer #1640 using Thrive Rip Software to process jobs.
AMERICAN COLOR GRAPHICS, INC. • HOUSTON, TX.
• Provide a variety of end-to-end prepress functions on major advertising projects for our largest client, the Houston Chronicle.
• Building of ads for various clients from concept to completion.
• Received files from various clients and design houses, checked all image and document formats, and completed all client changes as required.
• Complete trapping, set or replacing of images, color correction, outlining of images, fix type flow errors, establish printing parameters, prepare matchprint proofs and dyluxes, output film and/ or plates, or CTP creation for outside printers.
SAM HOUSTON STATE UNIVERSITY
• Graduated May 1985, B.F.A. degree Major - Art Advertising • Minor – Radio/Television/Film
• Member of Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity
• REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST •
• Proficient in the use of all Adobe Suite-based programs such as InDesign, Photoshop,Illustrator, and Acrobat.
• Extensive knowledge of photo-retouch, illustration, and some web-design elements.
• Have worked closely with clients from initial design to final plate-ready film/files for printers.
• Experience with all aspects of 4/color film process from customer supplied files to final plate-ready four color files and/or plates.
• Troubleshooting problem files a specialty. Give me a problem, I will find a solution!
• Creation of customer databases and maintaining workflow systems.
• Postscript programming knowledge in Preps, CTP file creation, Brisque, and PDF workflows.
• Other work-related skills include knowledge of all aspects of multi-color screen printing garnered from working for M&M Design in Huntsville, Tx. while in college.