MANGESH EDKE **** May Ridge Lane
Sugar Land, TX 77479
(405) 761–7556 (mobile)
Engineering professional with 10+ years of experience developing innovative products/technologies from concept to manufacture that generated contracts worth
>$70M in 2019. I have 14+ years of track record in technology innovation with 4 novel products, 15 publications and 3 patents. Presently leading a cross-functional team of 12 to deliver subsea safety systems for world’s first 20 ksi project, Chevron Anchor. Core Competencies:
Project Management, New Product Development, DFx, Design Optimization, Product Lifecycle Management, Structural/Motion Analysis, Fatigue and Fracture Mechanics OBJECTIVE Seeking an engineering leadership/management role where I can develop innovative products that push technology frontier and positively impact people’s lives. CURRENT
Schlumberger Technology Inc., Subsea Landing String Services (SLSS) Team Lead, 20K Systems Engineering Aug ’19 - Present Led creation of new 20 ksi product line along with system design and engineering, NPD, manufacturing, validation testing and client and I3P engagement. Led a cross- functional team of 12 to deliver timely project progress through phase-gate process. Technical Lead, Tenders Support, Subsea Landing String Services Oct ’18 – Aug ‘19 Reviewed complex project tenders, designed subsea well-control systems and prepared technical bids that won >$70M contracts for 20K project in the Gulf of Mexico. Lead Engineer, Subsea Cutter Module, Anadarko Shenandoah Nov ’16 – Jul ‘19 Designed, validation tested and manufactured world’s first 20K subsea cutter module. Also led validation testing of HPHT elastomeric seals and manufacturing of 20K valves. Sr. Project Engineer, Chevron Alder, OWLV, and 10K Nov ‘12 – Oct ‘16 Delivered 45+ subsea modules that involved FMECA, detailed design, product file release in PDM, manufacturing, testing and offshore delivery. Technical Community Leader and Mentor Nov ‘12 – Present
• Led knowledge sharing and trainings for 1000+ strong Subsea Technical Community
• Mentored over a dozen engineers, trainees and interns PAST WORK
Sr. Operations Research Analyst at Power Costs Inc. Jan 2010 – Nov 2012 Modeled, analyzed and optimized power generation portfolios and designed and implemented associated business workflows for 6 Fortune 500 electric utilities.
• Short-term optimization studies for Entergy Corporation’s 30,000 MW portfolio
• Configured optimization studies during Progress-Duke Energy merger that formed the largest regulated utility with 57,000 MW portfolio and 7 million customers.
• Tested and improved MILP algorithms for unit commitment/economic dispatch Mechanical Engineer (Intern), Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation 2009 Designed, instrumented and tested a novel mouse running wheel to measure changes in biomechanical forces on mice limbs with the onset of osteoarthritis. Mechanical Engineer (Intern) at GE Power (formerly Alstom Power), Switzerland 2006 Developed an efficient, early-stage method for manufacturing cost modeling of gas turbine parts. This led to formation of a dedicated Cost Excellence Center. Page 2 of 2
PATENTS • Bearing mounted ball valve mechanism for efficient failsafe close and pump- through
• Composite spring arrangement for failsafe closure of a subsea safety valve
• Ball with integral cam profile for a subsea safety valve SELECTED
• Subsea intervention system connector capacities per the elastic-plastic analysis methodology. Proceedings of the ASME 2019 PVP Conference, 2019
• A novel mouse running wheel that senses individual limb forces: Biomechanical validation and in vivo testing. Applied Physiology, 2012.
• Shape Optimization For 2-D Mixed Mode Fractures Using Extended FEM (XFEM) And Level Set Method (LSM). Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, 2011.
• Shape sensitivity analysis for 2D mixed mode fractures using extended FEM
(XFEM) and level set method (LSM), MBDSM, 2010.
• Shape Optimization of Heavy Load Carrying Components for Structural Performance and Manufacturing Cost, Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, 2006.
• An integrated testbed for reverse engineering of aging systems and components, Computer-Aided Design and Applications, 2006. EDUCATION Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering University of Oklahoma, Norman, USA 2009 M.S. Mechanical Engineering University of Oklahoma, Norman, USA 2005 B.S. Mechanical Engineering University of Pune, Pune, India 2002 PROFESSIONAL
• Reviewed 15+ articles for top-tier peer-reviewed journals: Structural & Multidisciplinary Optimization, Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Mechanical Design, Materials and Design, CAD and Applications
• Member, ASME and co-organizer and session chair, ASME PVP 2021, Montreal GRADUATE
The University of Oklahoma, Norman 2002 – 2009
Developed concurrent design process and software interface for integration of CAD, CAM, FEA and optimization tools for realizing structural parts optimized for manufacturing cost, structural performance and service life. Developed a MATLAB code for modeling crack propagation for 2-D mixed-mode fracture using XFEM and LSM.
PTC Creo ANSYS MATLAB
AutoCAD ABAQUS VBA
Design GD&T Optimization
DFm/DFx FMEA PDM/PLM
• Engineering Excellence award by Anadarko Petroleum (20K project) 2019
• Outstanding Performance Recognition at Schlumberger 2014-2018
• “Top 3” award for outstanding performance at Power Costs Inc. 2011
• BP Outstanding Research Performance Award in Mechanical Engineering 2009
• 1st Place Award – Sandia National Labs MEMS Design Competition 2008 WORK STATUS Permanent resident of USA
References available upon request.