https://www.linkedin.com/in/tarun-sarvaiya/ Email:firstname.lastname@example.org EDUCATION
Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering Dec’2020 California State University, Fullerton
Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering May 2016 Gujarat Technological University
• CAD Softwares: AutoCAD, SolidWorks, CATIA
V5, Autodesk Fusion360, NX
• Injection Molding, Sheet metal fabrication, Die- Casting, Forging, Machining
• Stimulation: ANSYS, Arena
• Generative Design
• Design for Manufacturing/Assembly (DFM/DFA)
• 3D printing and Mass Prototyping • Dimension and Tolerance (GD&T)
• Programming: MATHEMATICA, MatLab, Python • Office Tools: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, advance Excel, Adobe
Mechanical Engineer Jul’ 16 – Jun’ 18
Larsen & Toubro Ltd. Surat, India
• Designed parts and assemblies using SolidWorks and Performed static and dynamic Analysis using ANSYS simulation
• Worked on various parts design and tube bending machine for oil & gas pipelines and Improved structural (beam, tubular & Plates) fabrication for offshore platform
• Wrote test plans, test reports and compiled summary reports presented to upper management and managed continuous improvements in projects
• Created parts for various fabrication methods including machining, sheet metal fabrication, and injection molding, Heat Treatment
• Generated drawings in compliance with ASME Y14.5 standards for manufacturing and assembly
• Root cause analyses (RCA) for failure investigations: directed tests by collaborating with personnel from 4 multi-disciplinary teams
Reduction of aerodynamic drag on a vehicle model
• Developed 3D model of a car in CATIA and performed the structural and CFD analysis on ANSYS
• Setup Wind Tunnel for various speed and conducted various experiments to calculate the drag, thrust, lift force on a wooden and thermocol model.
• The drag and lift coefficient were calculated and improvised performing data analysis and made continuous improvement on models by reducing front facial area and using some add-on devices.
• Resulting drag coefficient was reduced significantly from 0.37 to 0.19 as well as fuel economy and stability of the vehicle was improved.
Personal Transportation Devices using 3D printing and generative design
• The goal of this project was to explore the possibilities of using the concepts of 3D scanning, generative design, process simulation, and 3D printing technology to potentially re-design and fabricate customized and affordable personal transportation devices.
• Developed CAD models and 3D printed a bicycle in Fusion 360 and generated best innovative design using generative design concept and 3D printing to reduce manufacturing steps and cost. Mechanical Toothbrush Design
• Designed and CAD-prototyped on SolidWorks, a low-cost mechanical toothbrush utilizing stored torsional energy
• Achieved performance, dimensional, and cost requirements by devising mechanisms and selecting materials
• Set pricing by conducting market analysis to cater to target groups ACTIVITIES / HONORS
• Public relationship officer, Society of Manufacturing Engineering (SME) at Cal State Fullerton
• Student member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
• President, Indian Society of Heating, Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Engineers (ISHRAE) student chapter at CKPCET, Surat, India