Samsung Electronics Americas, New Jersey, NJ 2019 – 2020
Data Analyst 2
• Provided product analytics worth $500 million utilizing SQL, SSIS ETL to enable optimal marketing, sales strategy. Reported on key corporate metrics based on current trends to provide sales, deliverability statuses enabling direct to consumer strategies.
• Analyzed $350 million sales comparing actual vs forecast sales to interpret consumer spend and gain market share with a week over week report, interpreting sales per product category over a monthly period for major customers to help met financial targets.
• Conducted $80 million multi-channel insights to evaluate current product performance to get key real time updates on key high impact areas, provided pricing analytics to enable corporate SDU approvals for pricing corrections through senior management.
• Analyzed statistical models using linear regression to evaluate $50 million sales performance based on pricing, demand etc. in R. Built probabilistic logistic regression models for market intelligence to predict click through rates of e-commerce ads by internal employees to see preference by sex, time of day and type of Ads.
• Automated reports using Excel VBA Macros reducing processing times by 60% to help build monthly, quarterly and annual reports for forecasting and budgeting purposes. Acted as an analytical subject matter (SME) to provide training to key business users. Centrak Inc., Philadelphia, PA 2018
• Built analytical files to supporting finance, sales and marketing to track $80 million sales for month end adjustments. Coordinated with product managers to track $2 million weekly sell in on time to report month end revenues.
• Developed an interactive application using Excel VBA and conducted profitability analysis on Top 5 customers who accounted for 50% of annual sales (~$30 million). The tool helped in improving sales strategies through promotions and SKU rationalization.
• Created Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for internal stakeholders to track key KPIs with accuracy for upper management and report key insights per individual products.
Philips Lighting, Somerset, NJ 2017 – 2018
• Analyzed $40 million customer order data integrating SSIS data flows with SQL Servers to analyze order-booking KPIs to identify root-causes and reduce delays by 10% to prevent lost sales and track rescheduled orders for sales recovery for month end targets.
• Reduced shipment delays by 15% for By For Resale Items with Tableau Dashboards using Line-Graphs, Bar Charts, Histograms etc. to show trends and generate insights at individual product line levels, enabling operations to drop critical blanket orders.
• Prevented compliance charges of $100000 by improving weekly service levels reports to customer by eliminating EDI errors by 30% through integrating ERP data sources with legacy systems to get accurate confirmation dates.
• Identified outliers in sales, pricing for over 2000 SKUs across 10 national brands for product marketing by tracking in store daily sales (annual $300 million) to help categorize top selling brands and help capture market share in Americas TECHNICAL SKILLS
Programming Languages: SQL, SSIS, Excel VBA, R, Python
Technical Tools: Tableau, SAP BP5, SAP MM, Excel
Statistical Analysis: R (ggplot2, dpylr, cars, mice), Python (Matplotlib, Numpy, Pandas, Scikit) PROJECTS
Analysis of Income Levels in Districts
• Built regression models to predict relationships of variables affecting the safety score of different cities in the US. Utilized linear, logistic regression model to predict effect of income levels on crime rates, education levels etc. Evaluated correlation’s among different variables using Pearson’s test to proceed selection of best fit model Analysis of Retail Consumer Behavior
• Utilized Factorial Exploratory Analysis to get insights into consumer marketing area on various factors such as consumer loyalty, consumer retention etc. using marketing data for $60 million TV retail data. Built Confirmatory Factor Analysis Models to improve existing models to get clearer picture from a marketing intelligence standpoint EDUCATION
Clemson University, Clemson, SC Aug 14 – May 16
MS, Industrial Engineering
Anna University, India Aug 10 – May 14
BS, Mechanical Engineering
Green Belt Six Sigma Certification, TUV-SUD I SAP: ERP MM Module, Course Competition Data Camp Certifications, Cleaning Data, EDA, Intermediate R