ENRIQUE O. TAMAYO
AFFORDABLE HOUSING PROJECT MANAGER—TRANSLATOR—INTERPRETER AFFORDABLE HOUSING EXPERIENCE
In-depth knowledge and long track record in the affordable housing industry. Have participated in the initial project-planning with community residents and other neighborhood stakeholders. Have assisted in financial feasibility analysis of construction rehabs and of acquisitions of abutting lots for enhanced project scope.
• Coordinated and managed Tenant selections (including Homeless households) and of Homebuyers, for mortgage applications — All at non-profits in Cambridge and Boston; New and Rehabbed projects.
• Assisted with Annual Resident Re-certifications for Sec 8, and MA Voucher Program (MVP) recipients.
• Streamlined application/occupancy process for our hired management companies to better deal with potential tenants and residents.
• Coordinated and co-managed general contractors, architects, legal counsel plus management companies.
• Communicated with Spanish speaking residents and merchants in fluent Spanish.
• Successfully increased list of eligible households (Stable & Homeless) in the affordable housing pipeline.
• Native Proficiency in Spanish and English. (Equal fluency in both languages)
• Computer Competency: Microsoft Office Suite plus MS Access (database) and other complimentary software.
• Have driven 30/35-ft (standard transmission) school-buses (Ithaca, NY, a city as hilly as San Francisco.) PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Translator (Spanish from/to English) — Freelance/Volunteer at:
• Museum of Science (Boston/Cambridge) - EyeOpener Program Volunteer 2017 to the present
• Boston Housing Authority (BHA) - Phone interpreter and translator; Volunteer 2016 to 2018
• Cambridge School Department - Brochures into Spanish January 2015 to 2016 Harborlight Community Partners, Beverly, MA December 2012 – Dec. 2014 Project Manager
Worked on large and small construction projects:
• Loan Closings for Turtle Creek Apts. (110-unit occupied Elderly Housing in Beverly, MA)
• Rockport High School Apartments (31-unit occupied Elderly Housing)
• Wenham Affordable Housing Trust (A 3-unit occupied project using federally sponsored loan)
• Sewall Bldg in Marblehead (FHLB -federal loans, DHCD -state & federal loans, HOME -federal loans)
• Harborlight House (FHLB, LIHTC (federal), DHCD)
Conservation Services Group (CSG), Westborough, MA August 2011- July, 2012 Project Manager - Community Mobilization Initiative (CMI) Collaborated with non-profits (in Chelsea, MA and Lynn, MA) to coordinate MassSave energy audits for under-represented households.
June 2020 Page 1 of 2
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND ACHIEVEMENTS (continued)
• Initiated Energy Audit process and actively did “follow-throughs” to implement energy-efficiency recommendations in close to 100 under-represented households (Low-income & formerly Homeless.)
• Successfully guided nearly 70 households to access close to $200,000-worth of energy improvements at no additional charge to the resident-owners, their tenants, nor the funding sources. Codman Square Neighborhood Development Corporation (CSNDC), Dorchester, MA April 2010 –2011 Interim Project Manager in Real Estate Development Worked on the Construction Loan Closing of a 30-unit Housing Project (with 5 Commercial spaces) built at 155 Washington St., Dorchester, MA
Dorchester Bay Economic Development Corporation (DBEDC) Dorchester, MA 1995 - 2010 (15 years) Project Manager, Real Estate Department
• Contributed in the overall creation, rehabilitation and occupancy process of approximately 180 units of decent affordable housing; For Low & Moderate-income households and formerly Homeless.
• Collaborated in the Predevelopment Phase for the new construction of a 5-building [Dudley Village] Project, 50 rental units of affordable housing with 3 commercial spaces
• Identified, purchased, rehabbed and helped to sell close to 5 three-deckers to income-qualified households.
ALL 5 pre-approved borrowers successfully received private lender 30-year mortgages.
Major subsidies tapped were HOME/NSP through the City of Boston and the State of Massachusetts
• Worked closely with the Upham’s Corner (Boston) Main Streets.
Canvassed local merchants in Upham’s Corner commercial strip with prepared Questionnaires to identify commercial opportunities and to minimize the commercial dollars “escaping the area.”
• Prepared six (6) annual Upham’s Corner (Boston) Main Streets Festival, Program Booklets full of incentive coupons so as to encourage patrons’ purchasing dollars to remain in Upham’s Corner. EDUCATION
UNC-Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
Master’s Level Courses (Economic Development & Land Use Planning in the Department of City & Regional Planning.)
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Bachelor of Arts - (Economics) -- with 5-semesters of Engineering courses and abundance of academic credits in French Literature.
Extensive Low-Budget Travel — USA (40 of the 50 states)+Central & South America+Western Europe June 2020 Page 2 of 2
ENRIQUE O. TAMAYO
Brookline, MA 617-***-****)