** ******* *** ***** ********, MA 02190
617-***-**** email@example.com linkedin.com/in/aparna-penmetcha EDUCATION
Tufts University May 2020
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering Boston, MA GPA: 3.8/4.0, Concentration: Robotics (Human-Robot Interaction) Stony Brook University May 2018
Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering Stony Brook, NY Relevant Coursework:
Biomechanics • Advanced Robotics • Feedback Control Systems • Probabilistic Systems Analysis • Advanced Dynamics • Applied Stress Analysis • Assistive Algorithms • Human-Robot Interaction • Probabilistic Robotics • Assistive Technology PROJECTS
Autonomous Climbing Robot – Advanced Robotics Project, Tufts University Oct 2019 – Dec 2019
• Designed, developed and verified a beam-climbing autonomous robot that met all product and safety requirements.
• Implemented an innovative computer vision algorithm for beam detection and intelligent navigation of the robot.
• Integrated flexible shape memory alloy and servo motor actuators for improved performance. Quadrotor Dynamics and Control – Advanced Dynamics Project, Tufts University Mar 2019 – May 2019
• Created Simscape Multibody models of a drone and simulated navigation through a complex obstacle course.
• Tuned a PID controller that adjusts the torques of motors optimally to make the drone closely follow a user-defined path
• Used MATLAB to verify system-performance by plotting the trajectory of a quadrotor in relation to location of the obstacles Portable Patient Assister - Senior Capstone, Stony Brook University Aug 2017–May 2018
• Conducted patient interviews and understood their pain-points and needs for standing up from a seated position.
• Performed market research on existing medical devices and analyzed trade-offs in cost, performance, and reliability.
• Developed a low-cost mechanical assister and validated its performance against critical patient needs. WORK EXPERIENCE
Tufts University – Felix Huang Laboratory May 2020 – Current Graduate Research Assistant Boston, MA
• Utilizing control theory and pose estimation to develop a surgical simulation environment on Unity for training surgical skill.
• Users will be able to interact with the simulation using a Geomagic Touch haptic feedback device. Tufts University Center for Engineering Education and Outreach (CEEO) Mar 2019 – May 2020 Graduate Research Assistant Boston, MA
• Developed a ROS module for iRobot’s Root Robot product to meet the needs of their higher-education institution customers.
• Performed user-testing with first-year university students, gathered feedback, and iterated to improve module performance.
• Designed a LEGO-interface part using CAD, performed rapid iterations via 3D printing, and matured the Root Robot educator kit add-on component. The LEGO add-on is expected to be commercially available from iRobot soon. Aerosense Sep 2018 – Dec 2018
Mechanical Engineering Intern Tokyo, Japan
• Used SolidWorks to design and develop electro-mechanical test fixture to evaluate UAV motor torque performance.
• Designed custom torque sensors, analyzed using FEA, created part drawings, and transferred the prints for manufacturing.
• Verified drone performance against product and regulatory requirements through field testing and sensor data analysis.
• Assembled 10+ drones following company standard operating procedures for testing and final sales to customers. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) May 2017 – July 2017 Technical Services Intern – Rotational Program Tokyo, Japan
• Coordinated execution of emission tests for cold and hot starts to satisfy regulatory requirements.
• Delivered vehicle-recall paperwork to US and Italian facilities for vehicles that failed emission testing.
• Performed rotational assignments in homologation, recycling and recall/quality check teams. SKILLS
Modeling Softwares: SolidWorks, PTC Creo, Siemens NX 9.0, Abaqus, Unity Programming Languages: Python, MATLAB, ROS, C#
Fabrication: 3D Printing, Laser-cutting, Soldering, Hand Tools Languages: Fluent in Japanese