Email: email@example.com Phone: 567-***-**** Linkedin.com/in/asifraiyan LaFayette, GA (open to relocate) PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY
• 3+ years of experience in product development, design, quality assurance, validation tests, and analysis.
• 2+ years of experience in manufacturing, Lean six sigma, and process improvements in cooking and steel industries.
• 3+ years of experience in coatings, sheet metals, plastics, polymers, and fabrication.
• Strong problem-solving, project management, technical writing, teamwork, and communication skills. EDUCATION
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering GPA 3.76/4.00 Aug 2016 - Dec 2018 University of Toledo, Toledo, OH.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering GPA 3.59/4.00 May 2010 - Sep 2015 Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh. TECHNICAL SKILLS
Design Engineering Intern
GE Appliances at LaFayette, GA (Sep 19 - Present)
• “Elimination of Hot Light Indicator Failure” reducing high volume of Service Calls and Cost of Quality (COQ). o Created DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) tolerance loop to select the optimum design for mounting, and retention. o Tested plastic PET with 30% glass fiber in 400 F for scoping housing material change considering UL criteria. o Created Fishbone Diagram, analyzed dimensions, deflections vs push force with regression analysis using Minitab. o Initiated and completed FRACAS (Failure reporting, analysis, and corrective action system) for solving problem. o Planned and executed Product Lifecycle and Reliability Test (PLT and RLT) for redesigning wire harness.
• “Freestanding Electric Radiant Cook Top Spacer Pad Count Reduction” delivering $103k annual saving o Presented project plan to CIB (Change Implementation Board) for business approval and allocation of funds. o Developed project outline, built financial models with investments, expenses, and profit estimations. o Created CAD model using Creo following ISO Y14.5 2009 GD&T standard, updated Bill of Materials (BOM), released Engineering Change Request (ECR) through Windchill, and upgraded EAU with Sourcing. o Built prototype parts to conduct Hipot, Temperature, Distribution and Shipping Tests, analyzed results for DVP&R. o Improved Quality Management System (QMS), Manufacturing Control Instruction (MCI), and Cost of Quality. o Managed trial runs, pilot runs, and qualified parts specification through Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
• “Material Change of Injection Molding Plastic Hinge Pin” delivering $53K in annual savings. o Created test plan for product validation of material change from Nylon 66 to glass filled Nylon for TCO scope. o Liaised with Quality and Suppliers concerning critical dimensions, and Gage R&R for first article inspection. o Implemented torque study to improve fastening strategy by utilizing Six Sigma.
• “Replace Wire with Tape to Avoid Scratch on Surface by Bake Element.” delivering $42k in annual savings o Implemented Kaizen continuous improvement for redistributing operator tasks to save 1 job within TAKT time.
• “Grommet Change on Sheet Metal Edge at Main-back for Quality Control” o Redesigned and changed materials through durability test, PPAP, compliance, and process audits.
• Oversaw Injection Molding plastic handle program concerning prototype build, critical dimensions, and Gage R&R.
• Supporting Design Guidance (DG), Design Confirmation (DC), and Pilot Runs for New Product Introduction (NPI).
• Solved design and process issues using Dynamometer, 3D scanner, CMM, torque analyzer, FMEA, and Poka-Yoke. Software SolidWorks, Creo (Pro-E), AutoCAD, Mastercam, Minitab, MATLAB, Python, ANSYS, Abaqus, COMSOL, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook Hands on 3D Printing, CNC, Dynamometer, Assembly, Torque Analyzer, Dremel Tools, CMM, Hydraulic Pneumatic Machinery, Welding, Casting, Grinding, Tensile Test, Fatigue Test, Welding, Casting, SEM, FTIR, Coating
ERP/MRP Systems Windchill, ORACLE, Agile, CVI
Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Gage R&R, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), DVP&R, Fishbone Diagram, FMEA, DFSS, FRACAS, QMS, Poka-Yoke, CAPA, Kaizen, PPAP, BOM, GD&T, KPI Research and Teaching Assistant
University of Toledo at Toledo, OH (Aug 16 - Aug 19)
• Designed and built temperature and humidity-controlled chamber in mechanical lab, saving setup investment by 75%.
• Built Electric Sensor for detecting water-based solid-phase materials and confirmed functionality with validation.
• Solved mechanical durability issues of new developed polymer coatings pDVB/pPFDA by assessing sand erosion tests, adhesion/de-adhesion cycles, hardness and elastic modulus of the products.
• Supervised Wind Tunnel tests for design verification of Automotive Navigation parts.
• Collected data, executed data analysis using MS Excel, Minitab, and MATLAB to suggest improved design of parts.
• Gained experiences on instruments like SEM, CVD, FTIR, Photolithography, UTM, and LabVIEW.
• Written and published technical papers, presented at several research showcases and international conferences.
• Instructed Energy, Fluid, and Vibration Labs, made test questions, graded papers and lab reports as Teaching Assistant. Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer
Abul Khair Group at Chittagong, Bangladesh (Sep 15 - Jul 16)
• Supervised production team with 24 employees for automated machine operation and casting process at Melting Mill.
• Designed Fixtures using SolidWorks to reduce operator stresses and improve production rate.
• Prepared and imposed on operators to follow Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
• Provided safety training to operators, led teams in drills, inspected PPE, and emergency equipment.
• Implemented lean, FMEA, PDCA for quality control and lead-time reduction; collected data to improve KPI.
• Evaluated cost proposals for equipment and machinery by supplier candidates according to department cost target.
• Planned and executed breakdown, scheduled preventive maintenance of machines and equipment: cooling system, hydraulic system, Caster, RMHS, Fume Treatment Plant, Water Treatment Plant, and refractory.
• Updated and maintained Documents, Inventory, Purchase & Move Orders of materials using ORACLE system.
• Implemented lean manufacturing methodology and 5S to organize tool room and testing lab. Mechanical Engineering Intern
KSL at Khulna, Bangladesh (Sep 13 - Dec 13)
• Performed CNC programming (G code), and machining to fabricate metal plates, and structural frames.
• Estimated design calculations, created CAD model and drawings for lines plan, frame, and propeller.
• Supported ship tender preparation and submission procedure, materials estimation, machinery selection and project planning with management and supervision.
• Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA), Dassault Systèmes, Feb 2019
• Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt, University System of Georgia, Jan 2019
• Computer Numerical Control (CNC), Tenaris University, July 2019
• Engineering FEA/CFD Simulations, Cornell University, Feb 2019 HONORS AND AWARDS
• Research Travel Grant for 92nd ACS Colloid and Surface Science Symposium, Penn State - 2018
• Graduate Research and Teaching Assistantship, University of Toledo, OH - 2016-2018
• Bangladesh-Sweden Travel Grant - 2016
• University Merit Scholarship, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) - 2010-2015 AFFILIATIONS AND LEADERSHIPS
• Community service at Family Crisis Center and STEM event mentor from GE Appliances, Lafayette, GA (2019 - 2020)
• Mentor at Community Outreach Education and Youth Summer Science Camp AABEA, MI (2018 - 2019)
• General Secretary at The University of Toledo Bangladeshi Student Association (BSA), OH (2017 - 2018)
• Donor, Collector and Outreach Executive at Badhan (Blood Donors' Organization), Bangladesh (2010 - 2015) SELECTED PUBLICATIONS (Google Scholar)
 "Effect of superamphiphobic macrotextures on dynamics of viscous liquid droplets" Scientific Reports, 2018.
 “Surface Modification of Polymers: Methods and Applications” Advanced Materials Interfaces, 2018,.
 "Event tree analysis of marine accidents in Bangladesh," Procedia engineering, vol. 194, 2017.