Detroit, Michigan email@example.com +1-313-***-**** LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/prasanna -kulkarnir/ SUMMARY:
• A self-motivated and cross-functional team player having strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
• Having 2+ year experience in using CAE, CAD and Project Management tools. SOFTWARE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• CAE Pre-Processing tools: • HyperMesh • LS-Dyna • MATLAB • GT Power • RADIOSS
• CAE Post-Processing tools: • ABAQUS • ANSYS 19.0 • PuTTY • WinSCP
• CAD tools: • AutoCAD • SolidWorks • Catia V5 Workflow analysis Cost Reduction reports
• Quality and Project Management tools: • FMEA • DFMEA • APQP • Poke Yoke •PPAP • GD&T • PLEX • MS Office ( Excel,Outlook,Etc.) EDUCATION:
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Wayne state University, Detroit, USA, (GPA – 3.37) Aug 2018 – April 2020 Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical engineering - University of Mumbai, India,(GPA – 3.40) Aug 2013 – June 2017 PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Advance Engineering Company – Tooling Design Engineer, Canton, Michigan, USA May 2020 – Current
• Created 2D Drawings and 3D Models for tooling for automotive products for companies like (Honda, Rivian,Ford) using AutoCAD and Catia V5.
• Incorporated GD&T and BOM (Bill of materials) for formation of Deviation details.
• Adhered to Job Concept worksheet required for DVP&R for various phases of tooling in automotive products manufacturing.
• Ensured manufacturing feasibility and worked on DFMEA to ensure failure proof design. Advance Engineering Company – Mechanical Engineering Intern, Canton, Michigan, USA July 2019 – April 2020
• Gathered Information for manufacturing processes for automotive products like frame and transmission and Thermoformed plastic products.
• Developed various designs related to new product launch and Tooling using AutoCAD and Catia V5.
• Co-ordinated engineering team with quotations (approx.$80,000), APQP, PPAP, Feasibility reports, DFMEA, PFMEA, BOM, Control plans.
• Implemented 5s and lean manufacturing principles, Tracked weekly KPI’s by usage of PLEX (Manufacturing Cloud) software. Forbes Marshall – Mechanical Engineering Intern, Pune, India May 2018 – Aug’ 2018
• Acquainted with manufactured products like compressors, strainers, traps, boilers, pressure reducing stations.
• Analyzed various problems in CAD designs of products on SolidWorks. Calculated stresses, displacements using HyperMesh and ABAQUS.
• Conducted time and motion studies for various products and Implemented DMAIC process.
• Worked with Research and Development team on new product build and Suggested relevant changes which Increased profitability by 20%. Dolphin Engineers – Engineering Intern, Nagar, India Sep’2017 – Nov’2017
• Basically this company manufactures boilers and it helps in maintenance of various products in power stations, factories.
• Observed inventory levels, how they are replenished and got to know applications of 2-bin system.
• Analyzed various forces acting on boiler components using ANSYS.
• Suggested layout changes that reduced time for various processes by 25% and which led to increase in productibility. Tangent Process Systems – Engineering Intern, Pune, India June 2016 – Aug’2016
• The company manufactures products such as spray dryers, rotary drying systems, granulation systems, blowers.
• Worked with the analysis department on finite analysis of stresses and dimensions required for product build by using HyperMesh and ABAQUS.
• Designed a prototype of dryer using SolidWorks and Reduced defects by using root cause analysis tools like 8D and CAPA. FORMULA SAE EXPERIENCE:
Wayne State University Warrior Racing Team – Chassis Team Member, Detroit, Michigan, USA Oct’ 2018 – June 2019
• Analyzed A - arm using static structural profile in ANSYS 19.0.
• Made full vehicle static analysis using HyperMesh and ABAQUS.
• Performed topology optimization on a FSAE brake pedal using OptiStruct - approximately 30% weight reduction was achieved.
• Designed chassis according to FSAE rules in SolidWorks. ACADEMIC PROJECTS:
GT- SUITE Modeling of 4 cylinders Spark Ignition Engine Aug’ 2019 – Dec’2019
• Designed an optimized intake system for the same engine. Incorporated additional intake valve for reduction in imposed wall temperature.
• Analyzed intake valve timing for the speed range of (1000-5000 RPM) from 45 CAD offset from TDC.
• Determined engine IMEP, volumetric, brake and overall efficiency as a function of engine speed and intake valve timing using GT POWER. Determination of Injury parameters for 50th percentile dummy in Toyota Camry May’2019 – July2019
• Performed dynamic crash simulation of Toyota Camry model using LS-DYNA Software, LS Pre-Post was used for preprocessing.
• Analyzed dummy injury factors like HIC, Femur load, chest deflection, acceleration for further improvements to meet FMVSS and IIHS criterions.
• Restructured airbag and seat belt orientation to avoid more injury to dummy. Model was Processed using WinSCP and PuTTY. Rear Impact analysis of Honda Accord Jan’2019 – April 2019
• Analyzed rear impact displacements, stresses and strains using LS-DYNA.
• Added 200 kg weight to various parts and then analyzed the effects on fuel tank and Suggested design changes to avoid more crush of fuel tank. Analysis of effect of Push-in and Pull-out forces in a press fit bearing Aug’ 2018 – Dec’2018
• Exerted parameters such as forces and Meshing (2D tetra and Hexamesh) on bearing bore and race using HyperMesh.
• Evaluated the effects of Push-in and Pull-Out forces at variable force requirements in ABAQUS to Plot graphical Data. CERTIFICATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS:
• Published a paper titled “Factors affecting accuracy of cold rolling mill” at National Level Conference at LTCOE Mumbai. Won best paper prize.
• Diploma In Product Design - ID Number – M180358459 from CADD Center Mumbai.