Name: BERTRAND ETOUNDI
Address: **, *** *******, ******** *******. Victoria. Australia
Contact Number: +61-424******
Contact Email: email@example.com
Permanent Residence: Australian
Date of Birth: 30 July 1972
Tertiary 2003-2004 Master of Engineering Science
School of Oil & Gas Engineering
University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
• Majored in Petroleum Processing
1994-1998 Bachelor of Chemical Engineering (Hons)
East China University of Science & Technology, Shanghai, P.R.China
• Majored in Petroleum Processing
1993-1994 Diploma of Chinese Language
Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing, P.R.China
• Written and spoken Modern Standard Chinese for academic purposes
CV – Bertrand Etoundi Page 2 of 5 03/03/19
Jul 2018 - Present Dynatec Madagascar SA Ambatovy. Madagascar Process Engineer (Operations Support)
• Support the Business' process safety efforts and strengthen Process Safety
(PS) culture and understanding in areas including:
• Monitoring and facilitating closure of action items from regulatory audits, MOCs, PHA recommendations, incident investigations and other internal reviews
• Identify areas of improvement in the PSM space and suggest/deploy solutions
Plant Change Management Support management of facility and operations changes during operations by:
• Championing Change Management operational discipline Advising management on Organizational Capability for effective execution of MOC for Facilities & Operations (MOC-F&O) process during Operations
• Liaising with Asset leadership team to assess proposed change list for ranking and assessing changes
• Ensuring that source and business case are clear for proper approval or rejection.
• Highlighting areas of improvements in execution and performance of change management, including completion of MOC quality reviews Preparing monthly reports to asset and facilities engineering team on the status of MOC's
• Following up on individual MOCs when issues have been identified. Ensuring consistent and standardised MOC process execution and best practices
2016-Jan 2018 MODEC International, Inc. Abidjan, Ivory Coast Senior Process Engineer (Operations Support)
• Supervising, checking, and contributing in the development of topsides deliverables: corrosion assessment and material selections, PFDs, equipment sizing, Topsides Equipment Lists, line sizing, P&IDs, equipment datasheets and requisitions.
• Helping to develop a scheme, in context of the existing process facilities, for removing sand from the process and for cleaning it to appropriate levels prior to overboard disposal. Creating RFQ packages for sand removal and cleaning facilities, attempting to recognize all installation constraints with the existing facilities. Evaluating bids and normalized as best as practical for the different technology offerings. CV – Bertrand Etoundi Page 3 of 5 03/03/19
• Involved in preparation of Work Packs for various planned shutdowns of platforms, Manage all related process design change requirement through Management of Change (MOC). Participate and close out actions from HAZOP, HAZID and Risk Assessment.
2009-2015 Sonangol, Luanda, Angola
Senior Operations Support Process Engineer:
Spending a lot of my time on Block 2 offshore platforms, provide technical support for technology and equipment, guidance and technical support to the client during operations, commissioning and start-up, preparing health and safety strategies. Increased production to the mainline by 300 bopd by reconfiguring the layout, installing new and upgrading existing equipment.
• Identify quality and productivity problems and providing solutions to improve and optimize production in the facilities.
• Assessing and optimising of chemicals used or needed to maximise production.
• Managing and updating Safety and Environment
• Point of contact of various disciplines (process, mechanical electrical and instrumentations) on all safety related issues raised by different departments.
• Risk Assessment Report.
• Responsibilities of identifying hazards process that can result to adverse effects.
• Responsible for updating new techniques and standard regulations by coordinating with HSE department.
• Supervised and mentored young engineers
Chevron Malongo (Angola):
• Planning engineering activities and progress reporting.
• Safety inspection
• Provide day-to-day technical support while monitoring and troubleshooting plant operations to improve
production rate, first quality production as well as reduce of waste.
CV – Bertrand Etoundi Page 4 of 5 03/03/19
2007-2008 Shedden Uhde, Map Ta Phut, Thailand
Senior Process Engineer
Leading detail design work and providing guidance on Front End Engineering Design (FEED) work.
• Managed processed improvement program with
substantial annualised cost savings.
• Check and prepare calculations (Hydraulics, line sizing, Heat exchanger)
• Drawing designs (P&IDs, PFDs)
• Cost reduction / Productivity projects
• Risk assessment studies (HAZOP, HAZID, SIL review)
• Preparing Management of Change (MOC)
• Clients liaison
2005-2007 Aker Kvaerner, Brisbane, Australia
Chevron Barrow Island (Australia):
• Participating with the engineering team in HAZOP and HAZID reviews
• Closing out HAZOP actions in process related items perform and review sizing of equipment and process calculations
• Participating in technical reviews and providing direct process engineering support to production units.
BP Refinery (Kwinana):
• Study to investigate options and upgrade existing hydrotreaters to achieve 10ppm diesel.
• Responsible for Hydraulics Calculation, P&ID MarkUps, Vessel and Heat Exchanger Sizing.
BP Refinery (Bulwer Island) Australia: Relief Study Brisbane
• Involved in Relief Studies on SRU1, Amine Treating and Sulphur Recovery Units for BP Refinery in Brisbane.
• Complete recalculation of all relief loads, relief valve and line sizing for existing units.
2004-2005 Upstream Petroleum, Melbourne, Australia: Process Engineer
As a Process Engineer (Operation Support) I was involved in various projects from onshore to offshore facilities. This role at Upstream included:
• Providing engineering support to Patricia Baleen Onshore Gas Processing Facility.
CV – Bertrand Etoundi Page 5 of 5 03/03/19
• Looking after the Engineering Change Requests (ECR) that occurs around the plant.
• Providing Engineering and Operating Support on FPSO in Bass Strait Sea.
• Closing Hazop items related to Extended Production Test
• Defining Operating Procedures during commissioning of Bass Gas Plant in Lang Lang (Victoria).
• Creating and submitting tenders
• Design Calculation for Surge Vessel, Flare Gas Header as well as sizing Calculations for Gas Scrubber
Computer Skills: Computer literate: Proficient in Excel, Word, HYSYS, HTRI, HTFS MS Project and Visio Package.
Languages: Fluent in spoken and written French, English and Chinese
(Mandarin). Operational Spanish and basic Portuguese Memberships: Institute of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
Referees: Available on request