KHAMIS A. MBARAK,
Structural and Civil Engineer.
P.O Box 84680, Mombasa.
Mobile Phone: +254-***-***-***.
Email : email@example.com
A dedicated structural engineer, experienced in the design, planning and management of various construction projects. I possess years of design experience and have been involved in structural evaluations for 500+ projects with budgets ranging from $5000 to $ 10 million. I liaise with clients, architects, designers and contractors to ensure timely and safe project delivery. As a senior engineer am involved in development of design checklists, mentoring and training junior engineers to foster an environment for professional development. WORK EXPERIENCE.
2016, OCTOBER – PRESENT.
SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER, ZENITH STEEL FABRICATORS LTD.
Structural design of steel structures using relevant design codes. Including Multi-storey office blocks, Warehouses, Crane Buildings, Showrooms, Sports center roofs, mezzanine floors and building renovations.
Preparing Cost Estimates for upcoming projects from architectural plans, client briefs, negotiating contracts and payment terms with prospective clients.
Preparation of work programs, shop drawings and procurement of all required project material
Coordinate with various departments (drawing office, fabrication floor and Erection team) and ensuring all timelines are met as per schedule of works.
Respond to all project matters arising and ensure smooth running of project from enquiry to commissioning.
1. Toyota Kenya Showroom in Eldoret.
2. Machinery Shade for African Grain and Equipment in Eldoret. 3. Storage Godowns and office mezzanine floors for Philaffe Engineering Nairobi. 4. Roofing Steelwork for All Saints Cathedral Church Nairobi. 5. Roofing Steelwork for Kenpoly Industries in Nairobi. 6. Char and Coal Sheds for Devki Steel Industries in Samburu Kwale. 7. Machinery Shade for Mineral Oil in Kampala Uganda. 8. Sports center roof for International School of Tanganyika in Daresalam 9. Roofing Steelwork for SSPGM Temple in Nairobi
10. Proposed Sports center roof for International School of Tanganyika in Daresalam. 11. Proposed Steelwork for Ruiru Business Park in Ruiru. 12. 541.6 m3 pressed panel tank on 10m Tower for John Cockrell Kenya, for Vihiga Cluster project.
13. 102.6 m3 pressed panel tank on 20m Tower for Sichuan Haushi in Ruiru. 14. Two 102.6 m3 pressed panel tank on 8 m Tower for Kenya Army in Isiolo and Nairobi
2013, MAY – 2016, NOVEMBER.
ASSISTANT STRUCTURAL ENGINEER - METRIX INTERGRATED CONSULTANCY.
Provided structural analysis, design and evaluation of various structures on a wide range of projects including industrial, commercial and residential buildings
Gathered data; analyzed soil reports, architectural and engineering plans;
Load calculations; coordinated with in-house team as well as other design professionals including architects and other engineering disciplines.
Analyzed and designed with the aid of software programs and hand calculations; ensured conformance with applicable codes and standards;
Worked closely with drafters for preparation of construction drawings; prepared calculation package; site visits when necessary;
provided information for lateral forces, load paths and appropriate construction details of projects; addressed plan check comments
Managed workload and deliverables with site supervision under strict timelines
Attended seminars and trainings
1. Office Block and Assembly center for Kenya Coach Industries. 2. Park Medical plaza for Aga Khan Hospital in Parklands Nairobi. 3. New Parklands Mosque in Nairobi
4. Cargo Center for Swissport in Daresalam Tanzania. 3
MAY 2013 – AUGUST 2013.
ASSISTANT ENGINEER -EL-NOOR CONTRACTORS, SYOKIMAU
RAILWAY STATION, NAIROBI.
Working hand in hand with the surveyor and setting invert levels for the storm water drainage and the sewer line.
Interpreting structural drawings generating bending schedules to order steel quantities.
General inspection of various constructions undergoing to make sure they adhere to structural drawings.
Advising the foreman on correct concrete mixing procedures, formwork, and reinforcement of various elements.
JUNE 2012 – AUGUST 2012.
INTERN AT KENYA RURAL ROADS AUTHORITY (KERRA OFFICE, CHAVAKALI)
Inspection of roads construction specifically the Sigalagala –Musoli – Butere road.
Inspection of single span bridges under construction to ensure the adherence to the approved drawings. These were Single span bridges at Emuhaya and Muhembe.
Road inspection and estimation of maintenance costs
Test on materials in laboratories in Kaka mega to ensure they meet pre-determined thresholds
August 2007 - December 2013: Moi University
Bachelor of Eng. (in Civil and Structural
February 2002 – November 2005: Khamis High School KSCE (Mean grade B+). Professional Memberships: Graduate Engineer –Engineers Board of Kenya.
Graduate Engineer –Institution of Engineers of
Graduate Engineer – Institution of Structural
Detailed knowledge of structural design
Efficient in Autodesk Auto CAD, PROKON Structural analysis and Oasys.
Efficient in project management software Ms-projects.
Providing clients with strategic project advice.
Articulate and purposeful communicator
Excellent organizational skills, Strong analytical skills, attention to detail ability to manage priorities and plan work schedules effectively
Client focused, self-driven, self-motivated and honest individual ACTIVITIES.
Marathon running, doing crossword puzzles, mentoring and reading.