*** ***** **** ****, ****** UT 84040
● Strong experience in product management and marketing including product strategy, demand generation, and portfolio lifecycle management.
● Effective creation and implementation of measurable, metrics-based demand generation strategies.
● Oversee all aspects of inbound disciplines at both the strategic and tactical level.
● Ensure solid alignment of marketing and product vision to company growth and business expectations.
● Successful management of both domestic and international product management teams to better align marketing structure.
● Collaborate with diverse and multifaceted teams with focused thought leadership and innovative and creative ideas.
● Drive motivated and high-functioning teams ensuring core streamlined operations. CORE COMPETENCIES
Product Management / Product Marketing / Turnaround Leadership / Data Analysis / Wired and Wireless Networking Technologies / Security Technologies / Application Performance Technologies / Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) Technologies / Cloud Services Technologies/ Global Executive Leadership / Demand Generation / Competitive Analysis / Technical Writing PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
End 2 End Technologies, St. Paul, MN June 2019 – Present VP Sales, Industrial IoT
• Develop product and sales strategy for company to enter IIoT space for industrial automation
• Develop pipeline and new business for industrial automation
• Expand sales of IIoT network management platform for industrial customers FreeWave Technologies Inc, Boulder, CO Jan 2015 – October 2018 Chief Marketing Officer
● Effectively drive strategic vision, products, and go-to market strategies in an effort to achieve company financial objectives.
● Manage and oversee high performing product management and marketing team including delegating workload
● Successfully establish product delivery and launch priorities along with oversight of company Product Plan of Record.
● Drive responsibility and ownership of demand creation, brand awareness, expansion, and go to market strategies.
● Serve as voice of the company for all press, analyst, tradeshow, and public relations events. SELECT ACCOMPLISHMENTS
● Established and implemented a new brand identity as key network communications provider for Industrial Internet of Things (IoT).
● Oversaw all aspects of new GTM strategy of cloud and distributed computing models with Amazon AWS and FreeWave ZumIQ platforms.
● Realized double digit revenue growth for three consecutive years during tenure.
● Launched 25 new products and firmware releases including first new radio platform in 10+ years. Various Consulting Projects Sept – 2014 – Jan 2015 SolarWinds Incorporated, Austin, TX Mar 2014 – Sept 2014 Executive Consultant to executive team
● Effectively collaborated with senior leadership, peers, and colleagues in multiple areas including marketing and product management to enhance email-based outreach programs to better inform customers about new products.
● Created and implemented a strong marketing strategy incorporating corporate properties and assets to build strategy and drive customer communication.
● Oversaw comprehensive results measurement systems providing clear ability to identify activities that drive growth vs activities that provide other outcomes.
● Implemented new policies and procedures that drive communication with a keen focus on solution-oriented messaging. Additional Note: The consulting opportunity was initially established to be 3 months, SolarWinds extended it to 6 months at which time I chose not to renew.
Various Consulting Projects Sept 2013 – March 2014 V3 Systems, Salt Lake City, UT Jan 2012 – Aug - 2013 Chief Marketing Officer
● Oversee core teams in an effort to implement inbound and outbound marketing strategies designed to innovate Virtual Desktop product lines and raise brand awareness.
● Collaborate with multifaceted teams to build relationships, strategic alliances, and business development to shorten path to sales revenue.
● Effectively establish long and short term strategic relationships with multiple software companies including VMware, Microsoft, and Dell.
● Successfully drive comprehensive efforts to build solid product roadmaps and strategies for the company.
● Build solid partnerships with distribution and reseller vendors to create business to consumer, go-to-market strategies for virtual desktop companies.
● Delivered 58K+ market qualified lead opportunities from multiple sources with limited budget.
● Effectively launched six new Virtual Desktop products including both appliance and software base.
● Awarded Top 25 under 5 for Utah Valley Entrepreneur Foundation in 2012.
● Honored with Startup of the Year at Interop Foundation in 2012. Additional Note: V3 Systems lost funding in August of 2013 and was unable to continue business. Danaher Inc. July 2008 – Jan 2012
Visual Network Systems, a Danaher Company Everett, WA July 2010 – Jan 2012 VP of Marketing
● Directed all aspects of outbound marketing practices and event including all social media, web site design, content creation, and press relationships.
● Drove alignment of product management and product marketing directives to business strategy.
● Discovered and developed new pipelines through effective relationship building and business development.
● Introduced multiple innovative offerings through building and sustaining strategic partnerships with high-profile companies including Verizon, Global Crossing, XO Communications and Telecom Malaysia.
● Oversaw company strategy for Visual Network Systems as well as FNET and Danaher’s overall Test and Measurement Platform.
● Worked directly with a high-functioning and diverse marketing team to lead generation strategy for both new opportunities in enterprise and telecommunication sales.
● Served as lead presented at several high-profile customer, partner, and tradeshow events.
● Successfully introduced new managed service offerings within international markets including Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, and Malaysia.
Fluke Networks, a Danaher Company Everett, WA July 2008 – June 2010 Business Unit Director / VP Marketing
● Drove all aspects of profit and loss for $MM+ performance management division including solid development of strategic vision.
● Effectively aligned all product management and marketing to overall business strategy.
● Improved and expanded business opportunities for Tier 1 carriers including ATT, Verizon, and XO Communications.
● Successfully implemented innovative strategies to better improve introduction to market. SELECT ACCOMPLISHMENTS
● Turned $MM+ loss into positive OP for the business over a two -year period.
● Drove the participation of FNET Business Development and M&A activities in multiple areas. NIKSUN, Monmouth Junction NJ Oct 2007 – June 2008
VP of Marketing
● Drove leadership of all house counseling activities, development, and implementation of homebuyer education programs, first time homebuyer counseling, home ownership preservation counseling, and loss mitigation counseling services.
● Directed and executed all outbound marketing activities including assisting CEO in the development of new security, network/application performance and management of products.
● Expanded strategic partner alliances for company by introducing new product integration with key technology partners.
● Oversaw the design, implementation, and management of new website to keep communication fluid. Mazu Networks, Cambridge, MA July 2006 – June 2007 Executive Consultant
● Collaborated with Mazu executive team to broaden product identity from a straight security play to a network management/security play.
● Drove significant expansion in product capabilities including new measurements, packet capture, and reporting.
● Expanded market awareness through web site, analyst/press briefings, messaging, trade show expansion, customer education, sales education, and collateral expansion.
● Executed sales training on new messaging, product capabilities, and needs of new buying audience.
● Introduced company to new strategic alliances including BMC, HP, IBM, and Riverbed
● Trained and mentored product management and marketing teams in relevant skills. Network General (Separated from Network Associates) San Jose, CA 2004 - 2006 Director – Technical Marketing
NexVu Technologies, Schaumberg, IL 2003 -2004
CEO and President
Network Associates, 1996 - 2003
Network Associates, Santa Clara, CA 2001 - 2003
VP Product Management, Sniffer Division
Network Associates, Santa Clara, CA 1998 - 2000
Senior Director – Pre-Sales Systems Engineers
Network General, Santa Clara, CA 1996 - 1998
Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
Primary Children’s Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT 1987 - 1996 Director – Network Operations
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Weber State University, Ogden, UT 1991
Bachelor of Arts, Computer Information Systems
Pragmatic Marketing / Danaher Business Systems Training in Leadership, Strategy, Production, and Lean Manufacturing Process, Speak Korean and English