IBRAHIM Kabiru Akintunde
Bariga, Lagos State, Nigeria.
Resourceful talent management specialist who is passionate about executing and managing programs that aim at developing an organization’s talent pool in line with the business needs. I have considerable years of experience in architecting and managing learning programs in Software Engineering-as-a-Service company, research institute and educational institutions. I place emphasis on mapping the learning/program outcomes to the business goals while minimizing the resources needed to execute the programs. I have a track record of improving operational processes to boost efficiency, attain excellence, minimize cost, and enhance customers’ satisfaction. KEY SKILLS/ CORE COMPETENCIES
● Curriculum Development/Instructional Design: Highly experienced in developing technical and non-technical learning contents using various learning theories and principles.
● Learning and Development: Expertise in developing and implementing learning strategies and programs, managing learning budgets and maintaining relationships with learning vendors.
● Project Management: Track record of managing multiple complex projects, stakeholders and expectations.
● Program Management: Practical experience in architecting and managing learning programs and its operations.
● Product Management: Good understanding of product ownership and management lifecycle.
● Team Management: Working experience in managing distributed and co-located cross-functional teams.
● Research: Highly experienced in navigating through a large amount of data and analysing a large body of knowledge to gain insight to improve operational processes.
● Technical Trainer: Track record of training software engineers the fundamentals of programming.
● Programming: Have an in-depth understanding of software development life cycle and different development methodologies like Agile and Waterfall.
● Tools of Trade: Proficient in using tools like Slack, Jira, Trello, Gsuite, Zoom, Canvas, Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, Canva.
Learning and Development Consultant Jun 2020 - Present Employer:Junior Achievement Nigeria (JAN), Lagos.
Background: JAN is the world's largest network of organisations dedicated to empowering students on financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship through experiential, hands-on programs. Project Summary:Digital Transformation of JAN Company Program Responsibilities
● Review and update the existing learning contents.
● Train the program team to contextualize the learning contents to Nigeria demographic needs.
● Develop learning contents to supplement the existing curriculum.
● Set up and configure CrossKnowledge Learning Management System (LMS).
● Create relevant templates for course development.
● Train the program team on LMS administration and course development. Curriculum Developer/ Technical Product Analyst April 2018 – April 2020 Employer: Andela Talent Accelerator, Lagos
Background: Andela is a global engineering services company that helps companies build and manage distributed engineering teams.
Development of Learning Contents: I basically investigate and identify the learning needs of software engineers, create and publish the learning paths/contents on the LMS and manage the end-to-end delivery of the contents to bridge the gaps in their skill sets. Managing Learning Programs: Programs that equip engineers with additional demanded skills and certifications to compete in the software job market. Examples of this - Bench Golang Program, Ruby Restacking program and so on.
Software Engineer Growth and Support:
● Engineering Competency Framework: This defines the global expectations of software engineers across different engineering levels and stacks.
● Recruitment Rubrics and Training: Framework that assists the recruitment team to ask the right questions from the candidates and facilitates a seamless hiring process across different stacks.
● Design curricula that satisfy the engineers' needs and course contents that facilitate creative thinking and problem-solving skills for software engineers.
● Formulate teams and stakeholders for different curriculum projects.
● Manage the project and team for quality course content development.
● Responsible for end-to-end project management covering the complete lifecycle from gap analysis to the evaluation stage.
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements, draft project briefs, roadmap, and scope documents.
● Define project deliverables and monitor the status of tasks using Jira.
● Resolve issues and feedback from the learners and the stakeholders.
● Collaborate with graphic designers and the media team to write video scripts and create proper infographics for the learning content.
● Perform gap analysis to identify learners’ needs, opportunities, problems, and innovations while working with business stakeholders to document and present analyzed data.
● Collaborate with the scrum team to generate skills, competencies, and rubrics for engineering levels and specific stacks.
● Formulate technical recruitment rubrics for the recruitment team.
● Conduct quality checks for the training and assessment contents.
● Analyze, recommend and manage appropriate third-party training content for leveling-up.
● Develop in-house engineering best standards and practices - technical documentations. Learning Facilitator Aug 2016 – Apr 2018
Employer: Imaad Schools, Lagos.
● Design lesson plan and lesson note.
● Manage the classroom and students.
● Manage and optimize students' learning curve and classroom engagement.
● Prepare IGCSE Mathematics, Physics, and ICT curricula for Senior Secondary Students.
● Review and give feedback on Curricula.
● Facilitate practical sessions for students during school club activities.
● Assess the quality of learning materials and assessments being used by other facilitators.
● Manage administrative projects.
Researcher/Project Manager Jan 2013 – Jun 2016
Employer:CISRG, Dept. of Computer Sc. and Engr., OAU, Osun State. Background: A team of like-minded lecturers coming together to research and implement software solutions in the field of Natural Language Processing and Intelligent Systems. Some of the Projects executed
Interactive Robot System - A software application that makes use of the concept of anthropomorphism in Yoruba language for executing spatial commands.
Body Part Tutoring System - A multi-media software artefact that describes human body parts in three different languages based on the user’s choice of language. Multi-Lingua Dictionary - Application that works exactly like a dictionary but makes use of three different Nigeria popular languages.
● Conduct Python practical training for Internship students.
● Manage the various software projects being developed by the research team.
● Review the final year students' thesis in Computer Science and Engineering Department.
● Organize tutorial classes for the team members to level up in some of the grey concepts of computer science.
● Collaborate with postgraduate students to collect and analyze a large body of existing data and knowledge.
● Manage the team of software developers and stakeholders. Learning Program Manager Jun 2010 - Sep 2013
Employer: Excellent Academy, Osun, Nigeria.
● Manage the teaching staff and students.
● Develop strategies to boost the number of students.
● Recruit and onboard teachers into our learning and teaching styles.
● Oversee the budgeting, costing and expenditure to procure learning and teaching materials.
● Assess the quality of the teaching materials and methodologies.
● Prepare and present a quarterly report about the status of the center to the stakeholders. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria
● Master of Science (MSc.) Computer Science 2015 – 2017 Grade: Distinction (78A)
● B. Sc. (Hons) Computer Engineering 2007 – 2012
Second Class Upper Division (4.44)
● Awards: Departmental Best Graduating Student
CPI-MOORE Prize (2012),
CHIEF OLATUNJI ODEGBAMI Prize (2012),
ETISALAT Scholarship Award (2010).
National Teachers’ Institute, Kaduna, Nigeria 2017
● Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Certification stage) Adventist Grammar School, Ede, Osun State, Nigeria 2000 - 2006
● Senior School Certificate Examination (Best Graduating Student)
● Award: MicCon Golf Scholarship Award (2005)
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND CERTIFICATION
● Professional International Member, Association for Talent Development, June 2020.
● Diploma, Organizational Learning and Development, LinkedIn Learning - certified (May 2020).
● Diploma, Six Sigma White Belt, Aveta Business Institute, 20436 Rt. 19, Suite 620-276 Cranberry Twp., PA 16066, United States - Certified (April 2020).
● Diploma, Agile Methodology, Scholars Int’l Institutes of Technology, Lake Oswego, Oregon 97035, USA - Certified (March 2020).
● Diploma, Platform Strategy for Business, Boston University Online, USA - Certified (November 2019).
● Diploma, Product Management with Lean, Agile and System Design Thinking, Boston University Online, USA - Certified (October 2019).
● Diploma, Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making, University of California, Irvine - Certified (June 2019).
● Diploma,Strategic Thinking, LinkedIn Learning - Certified (April 2019).
● Diploma,Creating Stunning Infographics, Up Mind Courses, Udemy - Certified (April 2019).
● Diploma,Intuitive Curriculum Development, Udemy - Certified (April 2019).
● Diploma, Instructional Design for Effective Learning, OpenLearning Global - Certified