SHANE M. MOONEY
847-***-**** www.linkedin.com/in/shanemmooney email@example.com
EXPERIENCED GENERAL MANAGEMENT, SALES, AND MARKETING PROFESSIONAL A Solid Record of Achievement Increasing Sales, Distribution, and Market Share Diverse Industries AREAS OF EXPERTISE
General Management • Sales & Marketing Strategy • Wholesale Operations • Key Account Management • Analytics Cross-Functional Team Leadership • New Business Development • Pricing Strategy ● Category Space • Inventory Relationship Building • Business Planning • Merchandising • On & Off-Premise Promotions • Customer Service PROFESSIONAL CAREER EXPERIENCE
Advanced Charging Technologies, Inc. (ACT) 2019 to Present The recognized leader in forklift battery charging technologies and fleet energy/asset management solutions. Director of Dealer Development – Chicago, Illinois (Since May 2019) Recruited into a remote role to manage the dealer network in the Midwest and Southeast for the company based in California.
• Develop and strengthen relationships, manage and aggressively grow business with 14 third-tier independent East Penn Battery dealers in the Midwest and Southeast U.S., and increase exposure of ACT product solutions to key national accounts.
• Create strategy and implement initiatives to increase sales revenue to meet assigned targets from existing customers and to generate leads to develop new business, demonstrating resilience in the face of competitive challenges.
• Develop sales plans for dealer and national accounts, deliver sales presentations, and close sales.
• Perform a high level of customer service, ensure efficient handling of any customer inquiries or issues.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of competitive activity, new products, and other information of interest to customers.
• Conduct account calls in tandem with dealers to key senior decision makers at major national accounts including Office Depot, Americold, Medline Industries, Conagra Brands, Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), Kroger, Uline, and Hershey.
• Sell-in product benefits of innovative charging technology to build awareness and increase sales. Lakeshore Beverage 2018 to 2019
A leading Chicagoland beverage distributor that’s deeply passionate about beer, cider and wine, General Sales Manager – Arlington Heights, Illinois (Dec. 2018 to May 2019) Led the sales and distribution strategy to maximize volume and revenue in a diverse market.
• Coached, trained, motivated and evaluated 85 sales professionals on selling, retail execution, and promotions, while providing exceptional customer service to sell seven million cases of beer and NA beverages annually at 5,000 retail accounts.
• Ensured team delivered volume and distribution goals to generate ~$110 million in annual sales; successfully achieved sales and gross profit budget in Q1, 2019 for first time in last four quarters; increased sales 10.6% YTD May 2019.
• Served as liaison between sales, delivery, and warehouse departments to improve overall processes and sales results.
• Directed efforts to maintain and expand relationships, achieve sales quota, and accomplish strategic key account objectives
• Oversaw business and relationships with a total of 80 suppliers - 60 alcohol including Anheuser-Busch, Founders, Bells, and Goose Island and 20 non-alcohol including Essentia and LaCroix waters, and Bang Energy Drink.
• Reorganized the entire sales organization with restructuring and rerouting – created an on-premise division and changed 50% of account base on call day and delivery day capacity. Alabama Crown Distributing Co. 2014 to 2018
An independent distributor of wine, beer, and specialty beverages. General Manager - Mobile, Alabama
Recruited to direct overall sales & marketing operations in the Mobile market to generate 2018 FY sales of $15.5 million.
• Directed, led, trained, and motivated a team of three Sales Supervisors, 12 Sales Representatives, and six Merchandisers to ensure achievement of sales and customer satisfaction goals; managed a total annual budget of $18 million.
• Developed relationships to maximize sales at 1,300+ on and off-premise accounts.
• Developed on-premise sales and marketing plans to grow total beverage sales, grow share of taps, merchandise accounts, and drive distribution of key brands with sales incentives, product launches, and key performance measures.
• Assessed sales and merchandising processes and procedures to ensure maximum efficiencies and retailer satisfaction.
• From 2014 to 2018 led annual net sales growth of 28.5% to $15.5 million, gross profit growth of 40.6%; grew on-premise 68.7%, shifting from 11% of total business to 17.5%. Page 1 of 2
SHANE M. MOONEY
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B) 2001 to 2014
Leading global brewer, producing and marketing the world’s best-selling beers including Budweiser, Bud Light, and Stella Artois Senior Key Account Manager - Mobile, Alabama (2012 to 2014) Promoted to provide total account management and lead sales initiatives by managing seven key decision points.
• Led and managed business, promotions, distribution, innovation, sales and pricing initiatives for five regional convenience and two regional grocery chains selling 2.5M cases generating $41M in sales annually across four states.
• Managed account plans/objectives, prepared and presented account business reviews, and utilized information-based tactics to sell-in national & channel-specific strategies, promotions, space management and distribution priorities.
• Called on key retailer decision makers to sell-in and implement sales, pricing, ad features, category & space plans.
• Collaborated with 58 wholesalers and local field sales personnel to effectively communicate, track execution, and evaluate results of pricing, distribution and space initiatives at regional Sprint Mart, Double Quick, Dodge’s, Jr. Food Mart, Clark Oil, Belle Foods, and Piggly Wiggly JTM stores in Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, and Florida.
• Gained Category Captaincy and positive ad trends at three convenience chains, and increased overall sales in 2012. Senior District Manager - Mobile, Alabama (2009 to 2012) Promoted and relocated to lead sales growth initiatives with wholesalers in Southern Alabama.
• Managed a territory consisting of 3,000 retail accounts selling ~nine million cases of beer annually, growing sales and market share through the execution of local and national sales, marketing, and pricing programs.
• Provided direction and leadership to five wholesalers to maximize brand awareness, distribution and sales through regular communication of region priorities and development of annual business plan.
• Performed regular market visits to coach and motivate wholesaler sales team and conduct annual wholesaler assessments to ensure compliance with Equity Agreement expectations.
• Developed, tracked and monitored Key Performance Indicators (KPI) on measurable and controllable programs.
• Coordinated efforts with Key Account Managers, Geographic Marketing Managers and Media Managers to identify market opportunities and support promotional and sponsorship programs at retail.
• Frequently exceeded region/national sales trends and led wholesalers to win multiple sales incentives.
• Awarded bonus for outstanding performance in 2009 and selected as a mentor for new District Managers in the region. Urban Sales Team Manager - Atlanta, Georgia (2008 to 2009) Promoted and relocated provide leadership and support to sales team to secure incremental sales opportunities.
• Managed sales and promotional execution and increased brand awareness by building relationships in 250 on- and off- premise accounts resulting in new product placements and positive sales trends.
• Trained, coached, motivated and evaluated 5 Retail Account Managers (RAM) to secure incremental distribution, conduct retail promotions and address competitive opportunities in a highly competitive market.
• Assisted three wholesalers with annual business plans and sales strategies to ensure growth of sales and market share.
• Consistently achieved Pay for Performance goals and Key Performance Indicator targets. Market Manager - Birmingham, Alabama (2007 to 2008) Promoted and relocated to manage overall sales and service efforts for 32 non-Anheuser-Busch wholesalers in 3 states.
• Managed pricing, sales, marketing, and distribution initiatives for the InBev import portfolio working closely with independent non- equity wholesalers in Alabama, Mississippi and Georgia; closely monitored competition to identify opportunities.
• Maintained regular wholesaler call frequency, and provided leadership by coaching and motivating wholesaler staff, identifying sales opportunities, and communicating National Retail Sales and Key Account Manager activities.
• Professionally fostered an atmosphere that encouraged the transition of the brands to A-B equity wholesalers. Sales Representative (2005 to 2007) / Pre-Sell Relief Representative (2004 to 2005) - Tulsa, Oklahoma Promoted to manage a sales route consisting of 85 on- and off-premise key accounts selling 200,000 cases per year. On-Premise Peddle Sales Representative (2002 to 2004) / Service Representative (2002) - Tulsa, Oklahoma Promoted to execute overall sales, merchandising, and promotional activities at 75 on-premise accounts. Contemporary Marketing Team Representative - Tulsa, Oklahoma (2001 to 2002) Recruited to manage relationships, sell-in, and promote brand portfolio at 50 key on-premise young adult retail accounts. EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Master of Business Administration (2013)
Auburn University – Auburn, Alabama
Bachelor of Business Administration (2000)
University of Oklahoma – Norman, Oklahoma
Deka University • BUSCH Selling Skills ● Professional Sales Presentations ● Hand Selling Basics ● Chain Selling Writing to Influence • Pricing 101 ● Negotiation Skills ● Space Planning Plus ● Strategic Team Building Conflict Resolution & Employee Relations • The Profit Specialist (Aarthun Perf. Group) ● Seven Habits of Highly Successful People 847-***-**** Page 2 of 2 firstname.lastname@example.org