Senior Business Development / Operations Executive Senior Business Development and Operations Executive with exceptional business acumen and 15+ year record for exceeding business objectives by helping clients solve business problems with technology. Result-driven and highly adept at devising comprehensive strategies to accelerate revenues and optimize budgets. Intuitive leader with proven expertise working with cross-functional teams to ensure client satisfaction and operational efficiency. Team player adept at creating a collaborative business development culture to achieve revenue, profitability, and growth goals.
Areas of Expertise:
• Account Management
• Budget Forecasting
• Sales Compensation / Incentive Plans
• Proposal Development
• Marketing & Communication Strategies
• Sales Management
• Growth Strategies
• Small Business Graduation Strategies
• Contract Negotiation
• M&A Process
• CRM Management
• Joint Ventures
• Operations, P&L Accountability
• Price to Win Strategies
• Sales Staff Development Programs
• Team Building and Leadership
• Project Management
• Building a Sales Culture
LAC Group – Washington, DC
Executive Vice President (2017 to 2020)
Lead growth and delivery initiatives, managed budget, and devised go to market strategies to deliver commercial and government services for LAC Group in US, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
• Implemented business development and account management processes and procedures to enhance sales effectiveness and promote accurate forecasting.
• Unified multiple business units into single comprehensive offering to advance cross-selling.
• Hired, developed, and mentored sales staff from entry through management levels.
• Developed and maintained strategic partnerships
• Collaborated with the executive team to develop competitive pricing and sales compensation models Selected Contributions:
• Increased revenue growth rate by 70% YoY by implementing capture and proposal strategies resulting in 94% win-rate averaging over FY18 and FY19.
• Re-negotiated existing contract vehicles and other support contracts to increase profit margins by 250%.
• Acquired and managed high-profile contracts at Am Law 100 firms, ABC News and multiple federal agencies.
• Led capture for $125 million O&M opportunity with a coalition of three companies. Tom Miller
2 of 3
Growth Strategies /Capture Management Services – Herndon, VA President/Principal (2013 to 2016)
Coached and led elite teams to consistently surpass organizational objectives. Provided leadership for strategies to support clients’ growth objectives:
• Business development and sales,
• Marketing and Branding
• Proposal Management
• Business and Strategic Planning
• Strategic Partnerships, JVs
• Sales Compensation
• Building and Mentoring Sales Teams,
• Small Business (SBA) graduation strategies
• Collaborated with client start-up to formulate all-encompassing sales and marketing plan resulting in acquisition of profitable federal clients, attracting media exposure and features in notable business journals, and development of blueprints for sustained future growth.
• Developed >$50M pipeline in 90 days producing $17M in new first-year revenue with net margins > 20%.
• Leveraged line-of-business best practices and reduced proposal costs by 50%.
• Created strategies to reduce cost of sales by 25%.
• Increased annual revenue growth rate from historically single digits to 40%. Graduate School USA – Washington D.C,
Vice President Sales (2010 to 2013)
Boosted project margins by 50% by renegotiating existing contracts and pricing schedules to enhance pricing flexibility. Applied custom, requirements-based approach to solution development resulting in 300% contract growth. Ensured adherence to sales, proposal, and forecasting best practice. Presided over recruitment processes for sales and business development staff.
• Utilized influential network contacts and industry knowledge to maximize sales.
• Attained $50M in run rate within first year and formulated winning proposals within first 90 days.
• Selected clients: USDA, DOJ, DHS, DOD (DLA, DFAS, Army/AMC, USMC), HHS, SSA, IRS and Treasury Tom Miller
3 of 3
FedSources INC (Subsidiary of Koniag Development Corporation)– McLean, VA Senior Vice President Business Development & Sales (2007 to 2010) Realigned organizational focus from product provider to professional services, establishing company as “premium brand”. Mitigated competitor advantage by introducing new sales processes. Reviewed sales compensation plan to reduce commission costs by 8%. Attained 5% sales growth quarter-over-quarter throughout course of FY08 with newly appointed sales team. Coordinated recruitment of ten seasoned Senior Account Executives. Facilitated sales, negotiation, and prospecting training to internal sales/call center and account services. Selected Contributions:
• Yielded 20% in sales growth in FY08 despite adverse market conditions.
• Boosted unit price by 73% and sales efficiency by 250% based on closing ratio during market downturn. Headstrong (Genpact) – Fairfax, VA
Director of Business Development (2002 to 2007)
Produced consistent revenue growth with existing clients by teaming with leading business application providers 0ffering Program Management; Portfolio Management; Capital Planning & Investment Control Processes (CPIC); CRM Integration; Enterprise Architecture; Web Content Management; Web Development, Document Management, and Business Process Optimization, to establish Headstrong as a dominate provider of integrated IT and Staffing solutions. Clients included: FINRA, GEICO, Bank of America, Wachovia, Census, USDA, GSA, Dept. of Interior, Treasury (Mint, BEP, IRS), Army (USAMC), Defense Intelligence Agency, CIA, Defense Logistics Agency
(DLA), SEC, US Senate, US Courts
• Maintained an average gross margin more than 48% with 15% EBITDA.
• Consistently met or exceeded annual bookings and revenue growth goals. Performance to plan: o 2002 - 233%
o 2003 - 260%
o 2004 - 111%
o 2005 - 106%
o 2006 - 150%
o 2007 - 99%
Education and Credentials
Bachelor of Science • Towson University – Towson, MD Shipley Proposal/Capture Management Training
Northern Virginia Technology Council, American Council for Technology & Industry Advisory Council (ACT-IAC), Potomac Officers Club (POC)