I am a 21 year old with interest in International Relations and diplomacy. This interest started in my early years when I attended Primary, middle and high school at Marina International School, Lusaka International School in Zambia and Kenton Preparatory College in Nairobi, Kenya respectively. During this period, my in- teractions, relationships and associations have always been multicultural aiding my appreciation of other cul- tures, religions but most importantly helping me develop strong core values.
Pursuing an opportunity which will allow me to grow professionally, while effectively utilizing my versatile skill set to help promote your corporate mission and exceed team goals. Extremely motivated and passionate in whatever I choose to do. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and know how to handle and deal with different kinds of people and circumstances. Equally effective working independently and in cooperation with others.
Montgomery College 2017- Rockville, MD
• Associates in Business Administration
Towson University May 2020 - Baltimore, MD
• Major in International Studies and Journalism
Board Member, 10/06/19 to present
NGO- The Maly Foundation – Banjul, Gambia
• Objective is to provide affordable sanitary products so girls no longer have to miss school and other significant events because of their menstrual cycle.
• Drafting letters to potential sponsors.
• Ensure weekly goals and objectives are met.
• Work with a team to ensure goals and deadlines are achieved.
• Manage social media accounts.
Intern, 5/28/19 to 08/08/20
Permanent Mission of the Gambia to the United Nations – Manhattan, NY
• Attended meetings and reported back to supervisor.
• Attended the 74th United Nations General Assembly.
• Drafted issue papers on topics ranging from Diversity and Disability to Law of the Sea.
• Organized event to honor the Foreign Minister of the Gambia who received the United Nations Popula- tion award.
• Organized event to promote education with UNESCO. Relief Secretary to the Ambassador, 07/2019 to 08/20 Permanent Mission of the Gambia to the United Nation – Manhattan, NY
• Assisted with maintaining order in the office.
• In charge of scheduling staff member meetings.
• Issued emergency visas and travel documents.
• Replied to emails and dealt with multilateral relations. Staff Writer, 09/2019 to 01/2020
Baltimore Watchdog- Towson, MD
• Followed police beats and update new stories every 24 hours.
• Generated script ideas for news headlines, bulletins and various reports.
• Handled the task of searching, developing and writing stories.
• Cover Baltimore government meetings and conduct interviews to get quotes.
• Conducted interviews with people and officials.
Sales Assistance, 10/01/19 to present
Lioness Beauty and Fragrance Bar – Towson, MD
• Listen to customer concerns about certain products and provide them with expertise solutions.
• Set and achieved monthly sales target.
• Be able to provide knowledge about product.
• Weekly team meetings with the objective to improve customer relations. SKILLS
VOLUNTEER WORK AND CLUBS Chief Event Organizer, 2017 to present
African Diaspora Club – Towson, MD
• Organize weekly events so members can gain knowledge about Africa and other topics.
• Work with other schools to host and throw events and fundraisers.
• Charity events for members to get community service hours.
• Mentoring new and transfer students.
Feed the Hungry, 2019
G.A.P – Towson, MD
• Made food and served it to the less fortunate.
Tree Planting, 2018
Blue Water Baltimore – Towson, MD
• Planting trees in neighborhoods in need.
• Administrative support
• Outstanding communication skills
• Dispute resolution
• Works well under pressure
• Active listening
• Effective conflict resolution
• Efficient in Microsoft Word and Excel