BUSINESS WOMAN / HR PROFESSIONAL / ADMINISTRATOR
Dear hiring manager,
Please find the covering letter along with my resume attached for your kind perusal. I consider it an incredible opportunity to be applying to an esteemed organisation as yours. With a passion for knowledge and learning, I am thrilled at the prospects of joining and showcasing my abilities to scale up in various aspects.
Currently being the Director of a company called TEAsers, a bubble tea brand, a small unique start-up which got incorporated in 2016 has now grown out successfully of my hands which moulded them and has taken its course steadily into larger market. With this great experience, backed up with solid HR experience with one of India’s biggest IT giants (HCL technologies) and Administrative experience in the Healthcare industry overseas (London), I’m all set to move up the ladder. HCL Technologies (Chennai), were I handled Business HR previously, I took charge of the entire life cycle of an employee from induction to exit. I was consistently commended for being easy to understand and good at analysing the need of the hour for over 500+ employees. Employee Engagements, Performance planning and roll out of New Initiatives were some of the key features apart from the regular HR duties. The National Health Service, London (NHS) and The Hospital Group, London where I handled Administration / Medical Coding / Budgeting / Daily Operations and Consultant Interaction has given me an edge over, where I can bring to your table the mix of experience from HR and Operations and Administrative background.
My dedication has always been one of my strong points apart from my Leadership and Interpersonal skills. I feel it is my duty to ensure everything I do is done with the highest degree of excellence whether it is following processes or creating a brand from scratch. Thank you for your time and consideration of my application. I look forward to hearing back from you and start a journey that will take us to new heights.
BUSINESS WOMAN / HR PROFESSIONAL / ADMINISTRATOR
• Highly motivated professional with vast and varied experience starting off as a HR Professional for an IT giant to working with NHS (London) to becoming the FOUNDER of a company which has sustained itself successfully for 2 years.
• 13 years of work experience in different roles and capacities that edged me to start a brand / company with proven leadership qualities.
• A quick learner with the ability to stay focused at my task.
• An accomplished and recognized team player with a strong track record in carrying out all critical activities end to end.
• Have the ability to prioritize task and deliver them with zero defects.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with very good client interaction, negotiation and communication skills and flexible to any work culture.
• Expertise skills in project management, people management, grievance handling, and event management. ACADEMIC PROFILE
• Master of Science in Human Resource Development in Psychology from University of Madras, 2006.
• Bachelors of Physics, Women’s Christian College, Chennai, 2004. EXPERIENCE SUMMARY
TEAsers – The Real Bubble Tea – Chennai May 2016 to till date Founder of TEAsers, a Chennai based start up that has ventured into a niche product called Bubble Tea.
• Successfully set up the flagship outlet in Forum Mall, Chennai in 2017.
• Having commenced with one outlet during the financial year 2017-18, I was able to increase the outlets to three units with a franchisee addition in Coimbatore.
• During the said year 2019 till date the company has started an outlet inside the campus of a premier educational institution in Chennai.
• Average quarterly growth of 22% compared against the numbers of same time period of the previous years.
• A go-getter at every task and single interface for all aspects of business growth ranging from
*Daily operations of four outlets
*Audit and book keeping
*Statutory compliance across departments ranging from FSSAI, Import clearance, GST, IT, Safety standards etc.
*Employee hiring, team building, retention and growth.
*Expertise in organising our presence in major events for better brand reach. BUSINESS WOMAN / HR PROFESSIONAL / ADMINISTRATOR
National Health Services - Newham, London June 2013 to April 2016 Medical Coder/Administrative officer at Newham University Hospital. Key responsibilities include developing and implementing processes that streamlined the medical coding for the revenue generation of the unit in collaboration medical consultants and senior management and other stake holders
• Execute seamless mechanism for record collection and converting every single opportunity towards revenue generation for the team.
• Identify loop holes and weak links of the system that were costing heavy damage to the department.
• Set up trouble shooting processes in place and identified a solution in liaison with other co-workers.
• Ensure all queries and complaints are dealt with in a pleasant and responsible manner. The Hospital Group (THG) – London January 2010 TO May 2013 Administrative Manager of the flagship clinic of THG, which is one of the busiest clinics among all the other clinics of the company spread across Europe. I have single handedly managed all responsibilities and helped transform the clinic to be the most organised offices among the THG networks.
• Responsible for all operational activities of the clinic.
• Bridged the multiple departments like surgical, non-surgical and dental units of the clinic by providing a single platform for client base.
• Responsible for delivering premium client experience as the client base was mostly from the showbiz industry.
• Maintained high levels of data accuracy and confidentiality as it dealt with personal makeover of Page 3 clients.
• Responsible for budget management of the clinic.
• Responsible for effective stock management within the clinic.
• Liaison with the Pre sales team, Sales team, Medical consultant across the globe and Premium Clients on a daily basis.
• Ensure smooth flow of all Administrative related transactions in a timely and efficient manner. HCL Technologies Ltd (Cisco Systems) - Chennai, India Senior Executive HR/PMO (Business Support Group) June 2006 TO May 2009 The work profile was extensive but mainly focused on employee facing and handling all their non technical issues. In addition to this I was responsible for the roll out of all corporate initiatives, event managing and co-ordinating the launch of organisational activities and above all maintaining high employee satisfaction.
BUSINESS AS USUAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• HR Representative for the centre where there are 500+ employees to handle.
• Responsible for resolving all HR related grievances from the centre.
• Payroll Inputs on a monthly basis.
• Responsible for exit interviews, relieving formalities and preparing detailed analysis of the Exits.
• Partner with the Engineering teams and facilitate managers to manage their teams in a smooth manner.
• Complete ownership for maintaining and updating personnel dossiers of employees.
• Responsible for employee’s rewards and recognition policy process.
• Responsible for timely response and closure of queries from employees.
• Ensure audits requirements are adhered in all HR processes. BUSINESS WOMAN / HR PROFESSIONAL / ADMINISTRATOR
• Assist program managers in rolling out various corporate initiatives. BREAKTHROUGH RESPONSIBILITIES
• Single handedly Program managed two major initiatives across the division which aimed at an organizational wide development and building technical leadership.
• Responsible for handling end to end recruitment for certain positions identified by the HR Head.
• Responsible for handling Induction sessions for over 1000 Campus Recruits.
• Partner with engineering teams by getting to know the way the project teams’ function, and assist managers on a need basis to conduct various employee/team initiatives.
• Ownership and implementation for specific process improvements or automation within HR for increasing efficiency of operations.
• Assist all newly appointed managers / leads in knowing the work culture of the organization and the challenges in their team and project.
• Overall Budget control.
RECOGNITIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• Awarded for sincere and focused efforts for going above and beyond the call of duty to roll out new initiatives, communication and engagement programs across CODC, which was tremendously appreciated by the engineering team and has led to better internal customer satisfaction in Nov 2007.
• Submitted a White paper at a Nation wide “HR-Best Practice conference across HCL” on NMAP (a HR initiative practiced in the HCL division that I worked for)
• Published a monthly online HR news letter.