Cell – 1-574-***-****
Email - Cuttingtoolmaker@Yahoo .com
Manufacturing Manager of a progressive company. Where I can fully utilize my skills and training in the following areas. Variances, Labor Eff, Utilization, Lean practices, Team building Capital Justification.
Operations Manager Nicholas Precision Works
Developed start up plan
Capital equipment – 15 million investment
Sales and marketing – 40% Growth a year
Engineering and design
Developed and implemented Quality system
Oversee all operations for the plant.
Engineering Manager NGInstruments April 2013 – December 2013
Responsible for all Function within department including
New Product development
All Lean Activities
Plant Manager NgInstruments a Avalign Company 10/2005 – April 2013
Responsible for entire Manufacturing are.
P and L
Shop Floor Metrics
Charged with growing the business 4 fold in 3 years.
Ran margins in 50% to 60% range
1/2005 - 10/2005 EFCO, Monett, Missouri
● Area Manager for Finishing Departments. Team held Lean projects totaling $749,000 in savings. Left Efco for a more stable organization. Accomplished savings by using 5’s, Setup Reduction, Kanbans. Also wrote and implemented PM programs, Cross training Plans and developed team to implement Training program.
8/2001 - 1/2005 Kennametal, I.P.G., Bentonville, Ar
● Beginning August 2001 was promoted to Manufacturing Manager over a 20 Million dollar facility. Employing 134 people. January began the setup of a self-directed work cell designed to reduce Wip and lead times, Held Kaizen event in April 2002. Using team concepts improved service level of product to 96% from 78%. Setup time reduction in new area from 2.35 hours per setup to .43 as of July 2002. Responsible for all products coming out of the Bentonville facility. We build precision carbide cutters for industry including Burs, Drills, Endmills, Countersinks, Boring bars and all types of tight tolerance Specials. We monitor 102 manual grinders and 52, 5- axis CNC GRINDERS. We use a spreadsheet that we have developed over the years to monitor every 2 hours the following : 1. Earned Hours, Hour’s worked, . cycle at Std.,. Actual at Std., Labor Eff., Machine downtime, Effectivity, Utilization, Avg. Setup time (by machine and operator ), OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness ), T.E.E.P. (Total Effective Equipment Productivity ) I have one supervisor in the plant and lead people over each area. We use the above for our visual factory along with monitoring of 5's and Quality Audits. Have achieved a cost savings in the last 6months of $225,000 on Smeds and additional savings in scrap reduction program of 25% equal to $20,000 a month. Other hit teams 5 in total have came up with other savings totaling another $75,000 annually. The overall savings using lean for the 4 year period were in excess of 1.4 million .
FOCUS FACTORY MANAGER
5/2000 - 8/2001 Kennametal, BENTONVILLE AR.,
● Responsible for 111 operators and 3 supervisors. This accounted 60% of the business. I have been brought in to implement continuous improvements, I have made at Bassett Rotary Tool. Performance metrics for the first 6 months as follows.1 - Past due orders from 26 weeks to 22 - Service Level from 58% to 98%3 - Back orders 1600 to 184 - Utilization up 42%5 - Setup reduction of 47%6 - Effectivity up 49%7 - Labor efficiency up 41%8 - Door to Door (O.E.M.) UP 21%9 - Pieces per labor hour from 8 - 2110 - Head count reduction during processes improvement went from 111 to currently 71.
LEAD PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
9/1993 - 5/2000 BASSETT ROTARY TOOL (Kennametal), MONTICELLO IN.,
● *Responsible for 65 people from beginning operation to shipping*20% gain in one team through empowerment*Developed cycle times, programs to monitor efficiency and machine utilization as it happens*Scrap tracking (reduction of scrap)*Built employee history of performance*Implemented training programs*Implemented successful teams that are goal oriented*Helped implement I.S.O. registration in a 6 month time span*Setup and monitor efficiencies for operators*machine utilization and efficiencies*Setup programs to begin predictive maintenance*Always working on cost reduction (one project last year saved over $35,000 in labor and waste)*With employee input have used continuous improvement techniques fully*With team concept reduced setup time 70%*Set up reduction started in November 1998, average set up time was 2.08 hours per set up, goal is half hour by November 1999. As of May 2000, average set up time was .45 hour.*Implemented a predictive maintenance program*Have been working in another facility implementing a manufacturing tool that I have developed to run a shop more effectively.Responsable for all manufacturing aspects from Receiving to Shipping. Including 65 people on a 24/7 operation 37 manual grinders and 26 - 5 Axis CNC Grinders.
5/1997 - 5/2000 Bassett Rotary Tool, Monticello, In
● Starting in May of 1997 took on the added responsibility of E.H.S. Manager. Wrote and implemented a complete Environmental, Health and Safety program for the plant. After all the policies were written trained a team of volunteers as safety auditors. We achieved on of the highest scores on the pathways program within our corporation.
3/1984 - 9/1993 Bassett Rotary Tool, Monticello, In
● I started March 4th 1993 as an entry-level production operator running Centerless grinders in the Blank preparation Dept. Through the next 9 years worked through the various departments including cutoff Cylindrical grinding, Tool and Cutter grind area.
5/1982 Logansport High School, Logansport, Indiana
● High School or equivalent
Saint Leo, Tampa, Florida
● Some College Coursework Completed
● Started in May 2003 working on a B.A. in Business Administration to better round myself professionally. My current grade point avg is 3.5
Estimating,Justification of Capitol, P&L Responsibilities, Lean Manufacturing, Performance Measurement Shop Floor Management, Team Building, Customer Service, Variances, Empowerment, and Staff Development.
Russell Riddiford Professional - 248-***-****
Chad Flora – Facilities Manager – 260-***-****
Matthew Tucker – Vice President of Operation – 863-***-****
Cy Howell – Manufacturing Manager Crane Inc. 574-***-****
Joe Kelly - Metalworking Specialist 260-***-****
Recommendations For Mark
“Mark was very dedicated to quality and customer satisfaction during his time as Manufacturing Manager at Kennametal's Bentonville Arkansas location. It was a pleasure working with him.” September 8, 2009
David Ford, Sr. CAS Engineer, Carbide Round Tools, Kennametal
worked with Mark at Kennametal, I
“Mark had a management function with Bassett Rotary Tool in Indiana while I was responsible for sales in Michigan and Canada. Mark was customer friendly and concerned about servicing the customer which made my sales function much easier. He was also concerned about the quality function of manufacturing. My several visits to the plant revealed impeccable housekeeping and organization. Mark was always approachable and did what he said he would do, when he said he would do it. I would highly recommend Mark for any management function in manufacturing arena.” September 8, 2009
Dennis Lemkau, President, Lemkau & Assoc. LTD, inc
worked with Mark at Kennametal, I
“It was a great pleasure and advantage to have and work with person like Mark. Mark is a very talented and dedicated manager that you could fully rely on to take on any challenges that the company faces in manufacturing, Lean/Six Sigma implementation, product quality, technical issues, R&D and the most important customer needs. He charged his team with passion, provided leadership and support. His ability to work on multiple tasks and manage multiple priorities while sorting thru issues, identifying and focusing on the most important ones, delivered outstanding results that were accomplished by the tightest deadlines.” September 7, 2009
David Ginzburg, Director of New Business Development, Director of Operations, Kennametal Inc., Kennametal Inc. - Industrial Products Group
managed Mark at Kennametal, I
What impressed me most about Mark was his sense of urgency with regard to the customer. He went "above and beyond" on more than one occassion to get product made and delivered to our customers. He even got in the car and made 3 hour drives (one way) to make sure we exceeded customer expectations. If Mark says it is getting done, you know it will be. I can heartily recommend him for a role in anyone's manufacturing facility.” September 7, 2009
Phil Samuels, Sales Manager, Bassett Rotary Tool
managed Mark indirectly at BASSETT ROTARY TOOL
Hide resume attachment
Update resume attachment
We accept .DOC, .DOCX, .PDF, .RTF, .TXT, .ODT, .WPS up to 1000 KB.
We do not accept scanned documents, images, or resumes containing images and/or icons.
It is recommended that you keep your resume less than 5 pages long.
Browse for File >
Choose from Dropbox >
Choose from Google Drive >
Insert your Resume >
Replace my work experience and education above with the information in this resume attachment.
See job recommendations