RADHA HUSSAIN, PHARMD, MPH (C)
• Coordinates a transitions of care medication plan for high risk patients transitioning from hospital or other clinical setting to home.
• Communicate clearly and tolerantly with chronic disease patients requiring oral Oncology chemotherapy regimens, Cystic Fibrosis, HIV, Long- Acting Therapies like anti-psychotics and all other specialty therapies.
• Reviewed clinical notes in EPIC to prepare appeal letters for review and signature by the physician.
• Review and reconcile all medications upon discharge to assess for potential duplicate therapy, inappropriate dosing, or missing medication orders/prescriptions.
• Communicate directly with prescriber to resolve patient's medication -related issues and provide a written discharge medication plan. Coordinates the dispensing of discharge medications if necessary.
• Reviews medication orders and monitor laboratory parameters and adjust medication to ensure optimal therapy in collaboration with primary care providers.
• Educates and counsel patients on medications and explain in detail all changes to their regimen. Addresses and resolves potential barriers to patient understanding of medication access and provides patient with a written medication plan.
• Attends multi-disciplinary rounds to determine patient's disposition when needed. Educates physician and clinical staff on any new pharmaceutical therapies.
• Serves as patient advocate, ensuring that quality care is given.
• Worked alongside reimbursement specialists to ensure prior authorizations are done correctly to avoid delays/gaps in therapy.
• Provide verbal counseling to patients via phone or in-person on all their discharged medications, including but not limited to transplant and oncology patients.
• Reviewed labs in EPIC while counseling patients regarding side effects to their medications.
• Contributed towards the growth of the Pulmonary, Oncology and Endocrinology disease states Pharmacist (07-2019-- 09-19)
CVS Multi-Dose Packaging. Plantation, FL
• Transferred and reconciled all medications from the local CVS and other outpatient pharmacies, so patients can utilize the multi-dose packaging system
• Reviewed times and doses of all medications included in the multi-dose packaging.
• Counseled patients on drug-interactions, medication dosing and prescribing drug information.
• Resolved patient complaints by providing detailed follow-ups until a resolution is reached. Clinical Pharmacist II (02-2011 -- 07-2019)
Premier Inc. (Commcare Specialty Pharmacy). Plantation, FL
Conducted Comprehensive Medication Reviews (CMRs) for patients enrolled in Commcare’s Disease State Management Programs.
Led the Hepatology/Infectious Disease, RSV and Preterm- Birth Navigation Pods and co- managed the Oncology Pod by reviewing Prescriptions, Prior- Authorizations and appeal letters, then communicating any issues to prescribers.
Monitored patients in the Disease Management Programs for compliance, side effects, drug- utilization and drug-drug interactions.
Optimized therapeutic patient outcomes by providing individualized medication reconciliation and counseling through Medication Therapy Management (MTM) programs -OUTCOMES and MIRAXA PRO.
Managed Health System Accounts by continually monitoring the Coverage Determination processes including coverage criteria, denial language, and communication with prescribers.
Provided clinical decision support, coaching and mentoring to pharmacy technicians, patient navigators and nurses.
Provided In-services/education to staff; patient navigators, pharmacists, nurses and pharmacy technicians on newly approved and current medication therapies, clinical studies and off-labeled investigational uses.
Reviewed and provided feedback on individual performances for quarterly and yearly evaluations.
Performed resolutions to customer and prescribers’ complaints by navigating complex issues.
Counseled patients receiving medications for HIV, PRE and POST- Exposure prophylaxis, Hepatitis B & C, RSV, Opportunistic infections, Oncology, Blood Disorders, RA, MS and other rare, specialty diseases.
Supervised the activities of the pharmacy technicians in the preparation of antibiotic and chemotherapy sterile compounding.
Reviewed prescriptions and drug regimens to ensure new therapies coincide with the CDC, WHO, NCCN
& AASLD guidelines then communicated any discrepancies with the prescribers.
Launched Disease Management Programs for Hepatitis C, Oncology and HIV, using AALSD treatment guidelines, NCCN formulary and clinical guidelines, FDA publicity and Drug Manufacturers’ strategies.
Created, led and managed clinical studies for presentations at Premier’s Specialty Summit, NASP, AMCP and Palm Beach Association of Pharmacists.
Clinical Studies used Real- world data compiled and extrapolated from Commcare’s Disease Educated Patient Navigators, Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacy Interns through training, teaching and coaching with PowerPoint presentations, questions and discussion sessions.
Screened specialty prescriptions, calculated dosages based on patient’s weight, calculated CrCl, Child- Pugh scores etc.
Ordered medications through wholesalers, kept & participated in monthly inventory.
Created medication pamphlets to be used as a quick reference for staff.
Presented Commcare’s Disease Management Programs to the URAC and ACHC accreditation bodies for initial accreditation and subsequent renewals.
Shared the after- hours and holiday call cycle, pharmacists were on- call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Co- Precepts pharmacy students while on HIV rotations. Retail Pharmacist (10-2010 – 02-2011)
CVS Caremark, Pembroke Pines, FL
Transcribed, verified, and filled prescription orders. Checked prescriptions that have been entered with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
Provided clinical consultative services to patients and therapeutic recommendations to nurses, physicians, and other health care personnel.
Answered customer questions and helped resolve customer issues in a timely and professional manner.
Maintained proper storage and security conditions for medications and prescription files.
Contributed to the maintenance of a productive and error-free work environment by keeping pharmacy workspaces neat and orderly.
Lead and directed the Pharmacy Technician Support Staff, supported the management by oversight and operation of all aspects within the pharmacy.
2020 - MPH candidate, University of Florida, College of Public Health, FL
2006-2010 - PharmD, Nova Southeastern University, College of Pharmacy, FL RADHA HUSSAIN, PHARMD, MPH(C)
C : 9 5 4 - 937- 5823 E M A I L : R A D H A R X @ Y A H O O . C O M Clinical studies & Presentations
Annual Meeting and Expo. Awarded a Silver Medal Abstract winner for poster, “A Retrospective Analysis of Patients Enrolled in Commcare’s Hepatitis C Disease Management Program. https://www.jmcp.org/doi/pdf/10.18553/jmcp.2015.21.s4.1: Abstract B6 NASP 2017 Annual Meeting Abstract presenter for poster, “Impact of a Specialty Pharmacist in Optimizing Treatment Outcomes with Self- Administered Biologics in Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients.” http://naspnet.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/NASP-2017-Poster-Summaries-for-NASP-Website_091317.pdf Featured in Specialty Pharmacy Continuum, Sept. 2017. “Specialty Pharmacists Boost Adherence Rates for RA Biologics” https://www.specialtypharmacycontinuum.com/Article/PrintArticle?articleID=44650 Gave presentations at the Palm Beach Pharmacist Association meetings to pharmacists, extrapolating and assembling data from patients enrolled in the Hepatology Program Presented at Premier advisor live meetings, “Hepatitis C Screening and Linkage to Care” http://offers.premierinc.com/rs/381-NBB-525/images/051016%20Advisor%20Live%20-
April 2017- Michigan
February 2017- Texas
November 2015- Massachusetts
June 2013- Louisiana
August 2012- Kentucky
November 2010- Florida
Clinical skills- Disease State Management Programs Certifications
December 2013 -2015 AAHIVP (American Academy
of HIV Pharmacist)
June 2007 Completed 68-hours of academic
courses in Traditional Chinese Medicine
August 2006 - Certified Basic Life Support (BLS)
August 2006 - Blood Borne Pathogen Certified
Hepatitis B and C
Rheumatoid & Psoriatic Arthritis
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
HIV & related Opportunistic infections
Pre and Post exposure prophylaxis