AZURE DATA PLATFORM ENGINEER AND BI CONSULTANT CHANTILLY, 20151, UNITED STATES 425-***-**** DETAILS
Virginia, Chantilly, 20151, United
Programming Languages : C#, SQL,
Scope, R, DAX, VB.net, Powershell,
Tools : Visual Studio, SQL Data
tools for MSBI, SSMS, VSTS, TFS,
Azure, SharePoint, Excel, Azure
ML, Kusto, Power Apps, MS Flow,
Data Lake,Azure Analysis Services,
Azure API Management,Azure
Reporting Tools : Power BI, SSRS,
ETL Tools : SSIS, Azure Data
Factory(V1 & V2), Informatica
Intelligent Cloud Services.
Database Systems : SQL Server,
Oracle, Azure SQL, Azure Synapse
Analytics, Cosmos DB
Technical Competencies: Azure
Big Data Implementations, Data
Analysis, Database Design, Data
Integration, Data Visualization,
10+ years of experience as Azure Data Platform Engineer,BI Developer,Data Analyst.Strong Communication & Management skills with Excellent Role-playing capabilities. Currently working as an Cloud Data Platform Engineer and BI Consultant with World Bank Group. Passionate about learning modern technologies. Expertise in turning data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions Hands on experience on -
• Designing, architecting and developing of ETL data pipelines using ADF, Spark, IICS, SSIS.
• Designing,Developing and deploying data solutions in Cloud
• Strong Experience in RDBMS Concepts, Database design, Data Modeling, Database Normalization, Optimization and Performance Tuning using SQL Columnstore Indexes, Table Partitions, Table Distribution etc.
• Experience in building Data Lake in cloud, designing security, running workflows using Azure Databricks.
• Worked in Data Warehouse, ETL design and development, methodologies, tools, processes and best practices.
• Experience in using the Python libraries like numpy, pandas etc for adhoc data analysis.
• Worked on Power BI & SSRS reports to provide enterprise level, self-BI analytic and data visualization solutions.
• Experienced in working with DAX queries and created analytic Cube Solutions for Business reporting ( Tabular Models).
Good understanding of –
• Cloud Computing and hands on experience in Azure
• Big data concepts- Spark,Hadoop
1. DP-201 Designing an Azure Data Solution
2. DP-200 Implementing an Azure Data Solution
3. Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
4. Data Engineer with Python
5. Microsoft 70-463 Implementing a Data Warehouse with SQL EDUCATION
Bachelor of Engineering, Jorhat Engineering College June 2005 — June 2009
Azure Data Consultant and Architect at Project: Data and Analytics, Company: Client Focus, Client:World Bank Group, Washington, D.C.
July 2018 — Present
• Create an enterprise level Big Data analytics Solution using Azure BLOB Storage, Azure Data Factory(V1 & V2), Azure Data Lake(Gen 1 and 2), Azure Data Analytics,Azure SQL DB, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Cosmos DB and Azure Databricks,Azure API Management,Key Vault,Azure Data Catalog.
• Build enterprise level, Self-BI analytic and data visualization solutions using PowerBI
• Work with customer technical leads, client executives, and partners to manage and deliver successful migrations to cloud solutions.
• Working with 10+ Data Scientist from 3 different Agile teams to provide data in different formats which they need to forecast risk, GDP, trade etc.
• Designed the Data Resource Center an enterprise data catalog to improve exploration, democratization of data and overview of data assets across the entire business ecosystem.
• Performed migration of legacy on premises databases to Azure SQL and Azure Synapse Analytics.
Data Engineer/Data Analyst at Project: Azure Active Directory, Company: Wicresoft, Client:Microsoft, Bellevue, Washington
December 2017 — July 2018
• Created end to end solutions from data acquired from various sources Azure Pulse, Office Pulse, AAD survey data, AAD usage data.
• Provided Insights on cloud survey data and build key metrices like NPS, NSAT, OSAT etc. for Azure Active Directory and helped measure the customers perception for Azure Active Directory.
• Partnered closely with Analytics Engineers, Data Scientists, and Product Managers to identify and ingest data from new sources & systems to discover product opportunities. Data Analyst/Data Engineer at Company: TATA Consultancy Service, Client:Microsoft, Redmond,WA
January 2015 — December 2017
• Built data model in analysis service tabular cube and created Power BI reports and dashboards based on Telemetry data of different products across Microsoft (Office, Windows, Xbox etc) and were able to track the root failure issues of the products.
• Get daily status from the junior resources and track progress in Kanban board.
• Provided Insights on the usage of different SharePoint sites in Microsoft like Total User Count, Total Session,Search Phrases, Successful and Unsuccessful search results etc. based on the analysis of data from Web trends and were able to save 10% of cost by decommissioning support for least used sites .
• Handled a team of around 6-8 Junior resources located at various geographies and review their work and lead the team in an Agile Environment .
• Migrated and redesigned the operations database for Finance BI team in Microsoft to Azure SQL and improved the ETL packages performance with partitions, indexes etc. SQL BI Developer/Front End Developer at Project: PNC Mortgage, Company: TATA Consultancy Service, Client:PNC Bank, Pune,India
June 2010 — December 2014
• Understanding Business requirements and requirement gathering.
• Worked on end to end implementation for the project starting right from building staging DB, then Mart DB and finally building SSAS tabular model on top of SQL DB.
• Performed System Study and Requirements Analysis, prepared Data Flow Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, Data Diagrams, Table Structures.
• Automated ETL Processes, making it easier to wrangle data, automated failure notifications and reducing time and manual efforts as much as 40%.
• Created new database logical and physical design to fit new business requirement and implemented new design into SQL Server 2008 R2.
• Developed complex queries using analytical functions and stored procedures to perform data aggregations and data readiness.
• Involved in SQL Query tuning and provided tuning recommendations to time/CPU consuming queries