Engineering Design Development
Engineering Third-Party Testings
Detail-oriented Civil Engineer with 6 years of experience and a zest for solving complex problems. Strong background in both design and testing fields. Open and clear communicator with good multi-tasking skills, organized nature and strong attention to detail. Seeking to use proven QA/QC skills to improve quality, cost & time metrics in the field of Civil Engineering.
Al Rigga, Deira, Dubai, UAE
SHERWIN VONN MAAS ICAL
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN CIVIL
Divine Word College of Calapan
2008 - 2013
China Harbour Engineering Co. Ltd Apr 2019 – Present QA/QC Engineer with emphasis of inspection, testing, and implementation in the field of structural, civil and architectural. Ensuring good quality of workmanship has been conceded in accordance with Project Specifications, Codes and Standards requirements and other related applicable to contract documents.
• Monitoring and administering the QA/QC Plan or Programme and ensuring incorporated materials on construction projects are in compliance with the plans and specifications of Abu Dhabi Ports;
• Assisting QA/QC Inspector such as steel reinforcement checking same as in construction drawings/shop drawings;
• Assuring the acceptable quality of materials, processes and workmanship in the project work;
• Conducts, performs and approves inspection of every Civil QC scopes as per raised Work Inspection Requests (WIR) in accordance with approved Inspection Test Plans (ITP) and Method of Statements (MS);
• Closing out of documents issued by Client/Consultant such as NCR's and Surveillance Reports by making Corrective Actions and Preventive Actions in a timely and precise manner;
• Conducting and issuing Daily Internal Site Observation Reports to the immediate site engineer in-charge;
• Thorough inspection of third party tests conducted at site as per requirements on the approved ITP of a certain scope of work;
• Prepared, documented and executed detailed test plans, test cases and defect reports;
• Designed and developed forms and instructions to evaluate, assess and report quality standards and data.
WORK EXPERIENCE CONTINUED
CSI SAP (Steel Design Software)
SAFE (Foundation Software)
Critical Thinking Skills
Arab Center for Engineering Studies (ACES) May 2017 – Apr 2019 Quality Control Inspector that monitors quality standards for all manufactured products related to construction. Recommend adjustments to the assembly/factory and remove all products and materials that fail to meet specifications.
• Oversaw production of over 800 pcs. of 2.4-meter Ø GRP Pipes required for the extension of Dubai Airport Stormwater Drainage Project;
• Supervises & approves all related third party tests needed for the acceptance of all GRP Pipes prior to delivery on the site;
• Operated, calibrated and maintained testing equipment (e.g. Universal Testing Machine for steel tests);
• Utilized visual inspection techniques as well as performing detailed measurements with hand-held tools and devices.
• Used hand tools, instruments, gauges and equipment to complete accurate measurements and noted results for official records;
• Write daily detailed reports logging work progress for quality assurance purposes;
• Inspect & perform steel tension tests, bend & rebend tests using Universal Testing Machine (UTM) as per BS Standards;
• Inspect & performs actual in-situ bearing tests (e.g. Plate Load & Zone Load Tests) to determine the ultimate bearing capacity of soil and likely settlement at a given load condition with safety of factor included;
• Reviewing recommended mix designs of various required strengths with the QA/QC Engineer and Consultant;
• Checks & performs different soil tests on laboratory (e.g. Proctor, CBR, sieve analysis) to verify adherence with regulations and desired specifications according to BS Standards;
• Supervises special concrete tests (e.g. Rebound hammer, pull- off tests, pull-out tests, ultrasonic pulse velocity (UPV) tests, cover meter, half-cell potential tests, concrete moisture tests, painting thickness tests) as per project specifications;. CIVIL ENGINEER
Design Bureau LLC (International City) Apr 2016 – May 2017 Civil Engineer that focuses on redesigning of existing fit-out plans for compliance in accordance with Dubai Municipality (DM) and Dubai Civil Defense (DCD) standards.
• Analyzed existing plans & blueprints to effectively re-design fit- out plans for construction complied by the Client.
• Inspection of existing fire alarm equipments, fire fighting equipments and conducts review of the existing plan needed for modification of existing equipments as per requirement of the client;.
• Identifying proper ceiling layout, reflected ceiling layout as needed by the client.
• Monitored construction of contract work for compliance with design plans and specifications.
• Liaised with civil technicians to prepare and update drawings and blueprints using manual and computer-assisted methods. ACHIEVEMENT
LICENSED CIVIL ENGINEER
PRC Reg. No. 0129562
PHILIPPINE INSTITUTE OF CIVIL
ENGINEERS. INC. (PICE)
RFID Member No. 14-88-75343
Oriental Mindoro Chapter, PH
WORK EXPERIENCE CONTINUED
Meinhardt Philippines Inc. Jan 2014 – Apr 2016
A junior level structural engineer that performed calculations of stresses on all areas of structures. Part of Team Structural Designers that travel on various site locations all over the Philippines doing structural investigation and surveys.
• Completed 5 Structural Design Projects on time as part of Team Structural Designers;
• Inspected and evaluated existing buildings for structural deficiencies and code violations.
• Published technical reports on structural conditions, including repair cost estimates and necessary corrections required to meet local building codes.
• Completed accurate engineering calculations for weights, loads and other metrics using both manual and digital methods
• Traveled to build sites to collaborate with construction personnel and to confirm compliance with design parameters and regulations.
• Performs Structural Investigation, retrofitting design, analysis, re- analysis and report of 70 signal steel towers across the Philippines;
• Provided technical advice to industrial personnel on design, construction and structural repairs.
• Performs designs (e.g. design of beams, columns, slabs, retaining walls, and footings) of residential and commercial structures using ETABS, CSI SAP 15, SAFE and Excel Spreadsheets;
• Assisted drafters in developing structural design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
FD 116 QMS ISO 9001:2015
FOUNDATION TRAINING COURSE
Bureau Veritas Approved