Ronald L. Frazier, PA-C, MPAS
Old Hickory, TN. 37138
To join as an Orthopedic Physician Assistant where I can be an instrumental provider of quality medical care to those patients in need.
19 years of Extensive Orthopedic/ Emergency Medicine/Acute care/Pain management related civilian and worldwide military medical experience: 7- as a Physician Assistant (16 as a nationally credentialed military provider) while working at Advanced Ortho and Spine and within both the Army and Navy. I have held sole medical provider positions in clinic’s, onboard ships, in the field while deployed in austere conditions at level I&II Combat Trauma Treatment Facilities with a Shock Trauma Platoon (STP), and a Forward Operating Surgical Team (FST).
Relevant work experience
• 2017-Present: Orthopedic Physician Assistant working in conjunction and in my own clinic with a practicing Physiatrist of a fast-paced Ortho practice. During this time, I specialized in evaluating, diagnosing, and treating acute and chronic Orthopedic Spine relate issues of the Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar regions, along with managing general orthopedic cases including shoulders, knees, hips, extremities. Some of my daily skills include reading my own Xray's, MRI's, CT's. prescribing medications/ writing scripts to include Controlled substances, consultations, ordering labs, cast removal, and providing several types of steroid injections to include: Trigger points, Greater Occipital Nerve blocks, and joints with/without ultrasound guidance (shoulder, hip, knee, ankle, elbow, hands, feet).
• 2013-2017: Army Physician Assistant and sole medical provider for over 1000 empaneled patients. Responsible for providing the diagnosis, treatment, and disposition for any Primary Care, muscle skeletal, Pain, and Behavioral health conditions; along with the management of acute Orthopedic injuries, emergency and urgent care patients, arriving to our Acute Care Center; performed as needed minor surgical procedures, suturing, multi-joint musculoskeletal and trigger point injections, splinting, ordered and interpreted diagnostic lab results/ radiologic studies, conducted physical exams, and provided referrals to/ consultation with other specialty care clinics as required in support of the Army’s 101st Airborne Division, 3rd Combat Team.
• 2000-2011: Clinic Senior Independent Duty Hospital Corpsman (Nationally credential military provider): Primary/Orthopedic/ Urgent care/Emergency Room provider responsible for providing astute clinician level patient care treatment for all types of primary care conditions, acute and chronic Orthopedic injuries, and urgent care etiologies for 3500 Marine personnel. Performed as needed minor surgical procedures, suturing, multi-joint musculoskeletal and trigger point injections, splinting, ordered and interpreted diagnostic lab results/ radiologic studies, conducted Prison Physical exams, and provided referrals to specialty care/ Behavioral health clinics as required. Combat Deployed with a Shock Trauma Platoon (STP) where I served as an Emergency Room provider offering daily Level 1&2 routine and acute Orthopedic and Emergency Medical trauma treatment, management, and evacuation for injured soldiers and civilians in and around Helmand Providence, Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.
• 2007-2009: Clinic Independent Duty Hospital Corpsman (Nationally credentialed military provider): Primary/Orthopedic/Urgent care Provider responsible for providing the diagnosis, treatment, and disposition for any Primary Care, muscle skeletal, pain, and Behavioral health conditions; Managed acute Orthopedic injuries, emergency, and urgent care patients in the Acute Care Area. Also worked as first assist weekly in the Minor Surgical Procedures Clinic with clinic Surgeon. Performed as needed minor surgical procedures, suturing, ordered and interpreted diagnostic lab results/ radiologic studies, conducted physical exams, and provided referrals to specialty care/ Behavioral health clinics as required for more than 10,000 base and ship board personnel.
• 2005-2007: Clinic Senior Independent Duty Hospital Corpsman (Nationally credentialed military provider): Primary/Orthopedic/Urgent care/Emergency Room provider responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of all acute and chronic Orthopedic injuries, emergency and urgent care conditions in our Acute Care Center, and management of routine health related complications; conducted minor surgical procedures, ordered and interpreted diagnostic lab results/ radiologic studies, and when required, placed referrals to specialty care/ Behavioral health clinics. Combat deployed where I worked independently at times at make-shift Level I Casualty Collection Points and as Emergency Room provider at the Level II Combat Support Hospital (CSH) providing routine and acute Orthopedic injury, and Emergency medical treatment services. Trauma table leader of more than 15 critical mass casualty patients, and volunteered to first assist on numerous occasions with Forward Surgical Team Surgeons during combat operations in Ramadi, Iraq in support of Iraqi Freedom.
• 2001-2005: Ship’s Sole Independent Duty Hospital Corpsman (Nationally credentialed military provider): Primary/Orthopedic/ Emergency Medical provider in charge of all medically related shipboard programs, and functions. Daily provider duties included the treatment, management, and disposition of all acute and chronic Primary care, Orthopedic, Dental, Pain, and Behavioral Health conditions; Also responsible for independently assessing, directing treatment for, managing, and evacuating (when required) all Medical Emergencies. Conducted minor surgical procedures, ordered and interpreted diagnostic lab results/ radiologic studies, completed physical exams, and provided referrals to specialty care/ Behavioral health clinics off ship when required while onboard USS Squall (PC-7). Combat deployed as ship’s sole medical provider continuing to provide all aspects of routine and acute primary care, orthopedic, and emergency medical care while underway and working in a combat environment in support for Operation Iraqi Freedom.
2017-Present • Advanced Ortho and Spine, 5657 Frist Blvd #200, Hermitage, TN
37076 Phone: 615-***-****; Supervisor: Dr James Eby
2012-2017 • United States Army
1995-2012 • United States Navy
• Univ. of Nebraska, Omaha, Nebraska MS, PA 2013 – Top 10% of class w/ Honors.
• Univ. of Nebraska, Omaha, Nebraska BS, PA 2013 – Top 10% of class w/ Honors.
• Excelsior College, New York, New York BS, 2007
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
• Adult Burn Life Savings (ABLS)
• Pre-hospital Trauma life support (PTLS)
• BLS / CPR
Special Military Courses
• Global Health Engagement-Medical Stability Operations Course
• Burn Trauma Management Course
• Tactical Casualty Combat Care (2)
• TN PA: 2737;
• FL PA : 9110266
• NPI: 118*******
• NCCPA: 1115657
Summary of Qualifications
• Committed, Dependable: Served as a Hospital Corpsman, Independent Duty Corpsman (IDC), and Physician Assistant in Military Medicine for the past 21 years. I graduated top of my class from the United States Military Tri-Service Physician Assistant program in September of 2013.
• Strong foundation, knowledgeable: As a Military PA and having served four Combat tours, I have had the opportunity to gain extensive specialized skills in emergency trauma, surgery as first assist, orthopedic injury management, with a solid foundation in: triage and assessment, management of chronic and acute illness, cardiac assessment and monitoring, along with minor surgical procedures.
• Mature, Proficient: Worked autonomously/independently in most of my career assignments and as a result, I am comfortable making on the spot critical decisions, working in high volume, fast paced environments, while continuing to learn to adapt and provide the attention and detail required in maintaining quality care. Works well under high-pressure conditions; able to maintain a calming presence.
• Leader, Attentive to detail, Approachable: I have excellent leadership abilities with good communication and cross-cultural sensitivity skills. I find it easy to dialog and build a rapport my patients and co-workers. Well-rounded and diversified.
• Empathetic, Good Listener: I am competent in a broad scope of health management to encompass physical disease and diagnosis, as well as the psychological well-being of a patient as well. I have worked by myself and in conjunction with local behavioral health staff to provide the best treatment management considerations available to ensure improved quality of life through expert clinical care, education, and emphasis on preventative measures.
• Willing to learn, Adaptive: I recently obtained my certification and training in Adult Burn Life Saving’s, and have previously attended two courses in Tactical Casualty Combat Care which focuses on teaching provider’s real time adult and child casualty treatment, disposition, and evacuation in preparation to improve outcomes working in the deployed setting.
Military Decorations (Medals Only)
* Navy Commendation Medal: 2
*Navy Achievement Medal: 5
*Navy Good Conduct Medal: 6
*Iraqi Campaign Medal: 2
*Afghanistan Campaign Medal: 1
*Meritorious Unit Commendation Medal: 1
*Navy Meritorious Unit Commendation Medal: 1
*National Defense Service Medal: 2
*Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal: 1
*NATO Defense Medal: 1
*Volunteer Service Medal: 1
*Coast Guard Unit Commendation Medal: 1
*Navy Expert 9mm Medal
*Navy Expert M16 Medal
*GWOT- Service Medal
*GWOT- Overseas Medal
*Navy Good Conduct Medal- 4
*Army Good Conduct Medal- 1
• Mark Kroll: 206 Carol Ann Dr. Goodlettsville, TN C: 615-***-****.
• Matt Johnson: 5022 Baker Dr, Goodlettsville, TN: C: 615-***-****
• Kurt Larson: 502 Happy Hollow Dr, Goodlettsville, TN C: 615-***-****