KARTHIK VASUDEV RAO KUNJOOR
Ph: +1-313-***-****. 1417 OAKRIDGE DR ROCHESTER HILLS, MI – 48307. E: email@example.com
• Mechanical Graduate Engineer with 4.5 years of product design, development, release, instrumentation and structural vibration and noise testing experience. Certified Six Sigma - Green Belt.
• Proficient in NX-Unigraphics, PLM-Teamcenter, MATLAB, CAN and B&K PULSE data analyser with sound knowledge of GD&T. Master’s in FEA, NVH, automotive powertrain, and hybrid vehicle technology.
• Seeking opportunities in product development, vibration testing and validation, dynamics and controls, machine learning; preferably for engines, automatic transmission, fuel cells, battery and hybrid electric vehicle, open for all domains. TECHNICAL SKILLS AND TOOLS
SKILLS Powertrain, ICE, EVs, transmission, GD&T, FMEA, DVP&R, 3D modelling & Drafting, DFSS, Leadership, problem solving TOOLS NX-UG 11, CATIA, Teamcenter, MATLAB, SIMULINK, CANoe, Python, ANSYS 18, B&K PULSE, ABAQUS, MS Office WORK EXPERIENCE
Design Release Engineer, Onward Technologies Inc, Auburn Hills, MI 11/2018 – Current Client: Fiat Chrysler Automotive
• Designed and developed powertrain products; Head gaskets, high temperature gaskets, turbocharger heat shields, engine dynamic seals, timing covers, RTVs using UG NX - 11 and established best practices.
• Products were successfully developed based on functional requirement and fluidic packaging to meet the program timing clock.
• Familiar with several manufacturing process such as EDM, machining, stamping, forming, rubber molding, sand and die casting.
• Support components for Engine validation, mule level and production level vehicle testing and validation with both proto and production parts, engaged in evaluation to identify system and component failure modes.
• Conducted DFMEA and DVP&R to test and validate the proposed new as well as improvement of current production products.
• Integral part of cross-functional departments such as design, CAE, prototyping engine testing and purchasing to coordinate and document the component and subcomponent development.
• Led technical reviews to evaluate suppliers to source the development and manufacturing of production parts.
• Orchestrated technical cost reduction for engine dynamic seals and high temperature gasket saving $358000 for the first production model year.
• Resolved manufacturing and assembly plant to ease the sequence for seamless engine production using 5D/8D methodologies.
• Resolved field and warranty issues by analyzing clean points and implementing them without delaying customer/program timing Graduate Student Assistant, University of Michigan, Dearborn, MI 10/2017 – 12/2018 Instructor for Instrumentation and Measurement Systems Lab Developed and taught methodologies involved in vibration measurement of spatial structures using Bruel & Kjaer PULSE data analyzer.
• Successfully completed impact test analysis of 3D steel frames using uni-axial and tri-axial B&K accelerometers to find its mode shapes and natural frequencies.
• Developed measurement of speed of sound through both metal and wood via cross and auto-correlation techniques. Design Engineer, QuEST Global, Bangalore, India 09/2015 – 06/2017 Leading multinational engineering service company
Instrumentation Designer for Rolls Royce Trent Flight Test Aero-Engines and Deutschland Bench Engines delivered design concepts both in a scheme and non-drawn formats in conjunction with R-R standards. Cost-effective feasibility studies and packaging analysis were carried out for design integrity on new development engines undergoing tests for certification.
• Presented temperature, pressure and vibration survey of compressor, combustor and turbine modules of Aero-Test Engine which enabled installation of the probes used for endurance, fan blade off and bird strike test using UG-NX - 9.
• Designed and released production and development standard compressor, combustion and turbine casings for instrumentation rework and blanking purposes using UG-NX -9 and TEAMCENTER.
• Designed and developed mounting brackets for accelerometer probes facilitating uni-axial and tri-axial fastening, cable and harness routing.
• Peer and technical reviewed design concept and technical reports for error free deliverables, simultaneously maintaining lessons learnt log for smoother review process.
• Automated stack-up analysis to match the fit-form functions of new components using GD&T and MS Excel.
• Created engineering part and assembly drawings as per ISO and customer compliance and standards.
• Conducted DFMEA and DVP&R for vehicle build implementation gathering approvals from cross-functional departments head such as Program managers, Technical managers and supervisors.
• Introduced and implemented new cable lead-out standards which decreased the air-leakage from 55% to 2%, in turn increasing the lifespan of core engine module components.
• Received “Customer recognition” and “On the fly award” for an effective end to end cross-functional interactions to deliver a vital engine module for on schedule testing saving close to USD 18000 to the company. KARTHIK VASUDEV RAO KUNJOOR
PH: +1-313-***-**** E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intern, Kennametal India Limited, Bangalore, India 01/2014 Renowned cutting tool manufacturer
Studied product lifecycle management and production continuous improvement (Lean tools) of Cutting tool - Inserts. Real-time monitoring and analysis of product lifespan on various insert manufacturing processes to estimate current lead time.
• Proposed ideas to streamline the product lifecycle of inserts using Value Stream Mapping Technique.
• Quantified and portrayed the analysis for future implantation which reduced current lead and TAKT time by 50%. ACADEMIA
University of Michigan - Dearborn, MSE Mechanical Engineering GPA: 3.51 April 2019, Dearborn, MI Visveswaraya Technological University, BE Mechanical Engineering GPA: 3.70 June 2015, Bangalore, India KEY PROJECTS AND LEARNINGS
Simulation of HEV ad BEV Energy Consumption using Control Strategy (MATLAB)
• Simulated HEV and BEV for 4 different driving cycles in MATLAB, IC engine, traction motor and battery was sized based on performance requirement and degree of hybridization.
• Rule based Control strategy was devised to minimize the fuel consumption and balancing the state of charge after every cycle resulting in optimized MPG and CO2 emission.
• Familiarised with Fuel cells, plug-in HEVs and power electronics involved in both the technology. Simulation and Analysis of Shift Processes of a 6-speed FWD AT (SIMULINK)
• Simulated and analysed mid-sized car’s fixed gear operations and shifting schedule using Simulink for shift quality.
• A mathematical model was established to optimise clutch torque profile and avoid engine flare and clutch tie-up.
• Torque hole and torque overshoot were reduced by controlling on coming, off going clutch and input torques for smoother transmission.
• Familiarised with working and control of CVTs, powertrain configuration of Toyota Prius and GM Volt hybrid EVs. Modal Analysis of Vehicle Rear Spoiler (ANSYS)
• Vehicle Rear spoiler was modelled in CATIA to study its frequency behaviour and model shapes.
• Modal analysis was carried out under the pre-stressed condition, different materials such as epoxy composite and Al alloys.
• PUGH matrix was used to finalise the material for the vehicle spoiler used based on mode shapes with torsion, bending and linear deformation.
• Familiarised with noise and vibration control of both Internal Combustion engine vehicles and Electric vehicles. Projects from NVH Coursework
Order Tracking Measurement and Sound Quality Analysis of Subaru Impreza Engine Order Tracking was carried out on a provided Engine Signal/Noise using LMS SCADAS and found out the type of engine and cylinder arrangements. Used different sound filters and improved the sound quality. Sound Intensity Testing and Analysis
A GRAS sound intensity probe was used with LMS SCADAS sound intensity software. SI map was created and overlaid to the photo of sound source. The SI map was analysed, dominant region and frequency ranges of the noise source were found out. Portable Automated Dosa Making Machine (ARDUINO)
(Sponsored by Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology – KSCST) Conceptualized and fabricated a fully functional Portable Automated Dosa (South Indian staple) making machine. It allows the user to obtain “ready to eat dosas” at the press of a button. The process was automated by amalgamating mechanical mechanisms, stepper motors and servo motors using Arduino Microprocessors for control strategy. Six Sigma: Green Belt Project Management Institute Credential ID: 100********** Smart and Green Adaptive Cruise Control: Energy and Safety Optimization Strategies for Electric Vehicles S.A.G.A is much like conventional adaptive cruise control except for its control strategy in vehicle acceleration and deceleration, enabling maximum recuperation to increase battery state of charge by vehicle to vehicle and vehicle to infrastructure interaction. It can be seamlessly adapted to all battery EVs, pure hybrid and plug-in EV configurations. AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
• Graduate student scholarship and tuition fee waiver for Fall17 and Winter18 term respectively from UM, Dearborn.
• On the fly award and Customer recognition for on time delivery of development engine module design. Proto parts were fabricated for bench testing and validation.
• Team member of college cricket team which is played at the varsity level of VTU and UM, Dearborn.
• Organized an awareness drive about organic farming and waste management. CERTIFICATION