San Antonio, Texas 78229
Professional experienced medical assistant working in fast-paced medical environments with strong clinical, clerical, interpersonal skills, committed to superior customer service. I’m very detail-oriented, resourceful in completing assignments, and able to multi-task effectively. Capabilities include:
Clinical – Back Office support Clerical/Reception – Front Office Support
Able to multi-task effectively Customer Service & Support
Microsoft Office, EMR E-clinicals Excellent written/verbal communication skills Experience Highlights
• Reception/call support to include scheduling appointments, maintain records, assistance with filing, general accounting, investigate and resolved complex issues for customers/clients.
• Oversee daily outgoing mail, sorted and distributed incoming mail to appropriate staff members.
• Insurance verification, obtain authorizations/referrals for services Customer Service
• Register all incoming clients/patients. Documentation utilizing available resources for maintenance and reporting issues on insured’s and providers.
• Effectively answer inbound calls regarding benefits, claims, contracts, other inquiries and communicated information with internal and external customers.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain composure and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment while preserving strict confidentiality. Clinical Support
• Obtain patient medical history and vital signs
• Perform routine laboratory tests and administer injections
• Explain treatment procedures, medications, special diets, or doctor’s instructions
• Authorize medication, refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies Employment History
Medical Assistant, Neurology Institute of San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 2014 - current Beneficiary Representative, Humana, Inc. – Humana Military, San Antonio, TX 2009 - 2013 Medical Assistant Receptionist, Health Texas Medical Group, San Antonio, TX 2008 - 2009 Customer Care Associate II, PacifiCare/Secure Horizons, San Antonio, TX 2003 - 2006 Medical Assistant, International Rheumatism Center /Ken Arakawa, Honolulu, HI 2000 – 2003 Medical Assistant Receptionist, San Antonio Infectious Disease, San Antonio, TX 2000 - 2000 Medical Assistant Receptionist, Macgregor Medical Association, San Antonio, TX 1997 - 2000 Education
San Antonio College of Medical/Dental Assistants, TX (1996) – RMA certification