Austin, TX 682-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org www.linkedin.com/in/siddharth-deshmukh EDUCATION
The University of Texas at Dallas May 2019
M.S., Information Technology and Management
MIT College of Engineering, Pune, India May 2016
B.E., Computer Engineering
CERTIFICATIONS & TECHNICAL SKILLS
Programming: SQL, VBA, Java, Python, R, SAS Programming, STATA, C, C++, HTML, PHP BI Tools: Tableau and its integration with R, MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MS Visual Studio, PowerBI, QlikView Analytical Sills: Data Modeling and Analysis, SQL Queries and Reports, Dashboard and Visualization, Excel Analysis(Pivot, VLOOKUP) Certifications: Python for Data Analysis and Visualization, MySQL for Data Analytics and BI, R for Data Science and Statistical Analysis Project Management: SDLC, Agile, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Word BUSINESS EXPERIENCE
CodersData September 2019 – Present
Business Analyst Intern
• Analyzed the profits from month to month and delivered a quarterly report highlighting trends to the management.
• Extensively used Joins and Sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables and created ER diagrams for the database.
• Extracted, Analyzed and Presented Data in a graphical format using MS Excel and Tableau to Project Managers for decision making. Mother Vailankanni Infrastructure, India June 2016 – June 2017 Business Development Analyst
• Created a comprehensive analysis report on competitors which helped in the development and marketing of new products.
• Developed complex SQL queries using stored procedures, common table expressions (CTEs), temporary table to support PowerBI and SSRS reports.
• Spearheaded a team to create interactive visualizations using Tableau and SQL Database for old sales records and provided valuable insights to the management which directly resulted in a 20% increase in the overall sales.
• Created T-SQL scripts to analyze data, modify data, import/export scripts and execute stored procedures.
• Created budget reports using Excel for data validation projects and response time to clients as per the contract. Web DreamWorks, India November 2014 – March 2015
Business Analyst Intern
• Assisted in performing statistical analysis to create reports, dashboards and ad-hoc queries to gain insights into business requirements.
• Designed and developed the ETL process using SSIS to load data from various sources like Excel, Access and DB2 into SQL Server database.
• Performed Web scrapping and collected data from social media websites like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn as per the requirements.
• Consulted regularly with internal customers on application development project status, new project proposals and software-related technical issues.
Analysis of Patent Portfolio using SAS, Business Analytics with SAS, UTD August 2017 – December 2017
• Analyzed Patent portfolio to create a model for predicting the score of the patent using SAS Enterprise Miner.
• Used regression and decision tree on SAS to analyze the data to predict patent score which drastically reduced time and efforts required to predict the patent score manually.
Data Warehousing of Company Data, Data Warehousing, UTD August 2017 – December 2017
• Analyzed Business Intelligence reporting requirements and translated them into data sourcing and modeling requirements.
• Created Data Warehouse and Data cubes to show numbers as required using SSIS and SSAS.
• Developed interactive worksheets and developed dashboard reports using filters, calculated fields, sets, groups using Tableau. Visualization of Betting Data in Tableau, Data Visualization, UTD January 2018 – April 2018
• Analyzed and visualized betting data on Tableau and Looker to help bet on teams with higher probability of winning.
• Visualizations such as line chart, pie chart, bubble chart, tree map were done on Tableau and used R integration for cluster analysis. Database for Company using Access, Data Management, UTD January 2018 – April 2018
• Created and used Database using Access Database and SQL Server Management Studio for a company called AquaTech to take transaction online and to create records of clients, employees and inventory.
• Created tables, ER diagram, Relational Schema, forms and reports on Access. LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE & ORGANIZATIONS
Speakwell English Academy, India — English Tutor January 2017 – June 2017