Mya A. King
Founding Dance Teacher After School Coordinator Grade Team Lead
New York, New York 10026
Harlem Village Academies East Elementary, New York — Founding Dance Teacher
August 2015 - PRESENT
● Capable of cultivating a classroom culture centered around rigor, authenticity, and socioemotional development.
● Skilled in creating Dance curriculum for grades K-5 that fosters student independence and creativity while simultaneously fitting the needs of diverse learners.
● Masterfully producing annual showcases for each grade that highlighted student growth and achievement over the academic school year.
Harlem Village Academies East Elementary, New York — After School Coordinator
August 2019 - PRESENT
● While managing a team of seven facilitators I created logistical systems such as family interests forms, individualized after school schedules that ensured students attended two enrichment clubs of their choosing, club rosters, trackers for student attendance and collected and managed tuition payments.
● While teaching, managing a team and facilitating a club, I formed a Dance Company for students to develop their technical and artistic abilities. Students performed at a network level event. Harlem Village Academies East Elementary, New York — Co Curricular Grade Team Lead
August 2019 - PRESENT
● Currently serving as the Leadership Team’s liaison to the Co Curricular Team, I have created coverage plans for Co Curricular classes in lieu of absent teachers, facilitated weekly Professional Learning sessions geared around creating and maintaining team culture.
● Collaborating with the Director of Operations Interim Principal to ensure the growth and development of the Co CoCurricular Team. EDUCATION
The University of Illinois Urbana- Champaign, Illinois— BFA in Dance August 2010 - May 2014
Technically trained in Ballet,
Modern, Jazz, and Hip Hop
Ability to nurture and maintain
family and student
Generate positive workplace
Co-created and facilitated
monthly school wide
Community Circles surrounding
Create student assessments
Create virtual dance curriculum
University of Illinois Urbana
Champaign FAA Talented
Member of Phi Sigma Theta
National Honor Society
Dancer for In The Heights The
Movie by Lin Manuel Miranda
Novice Level Mandarin