Product Development Engineer
Eastern Michigan University
● Project management
● Product development
● Problem solving
● Statistical analysis
● Model based analysis (FEA)
● Tolerance stack analysis
● Six Sigma Black Belt
● GD&T - ASME Y14.5 2009
● DVP&R and CVP
● Critical thinking
● Quick learner
● GM EWO
● GM CTDAR
● GM TALC
Experienced and versatile, results driven engineer with 8 years of experience in product development and problem solving, resulting in successful program launches, targeting milestones, which strengthened customer relationships. ACCOMPLISHMENTS
● Lead Mechanical Engineer on two programs from SOW to Launch, with first time successful PV, resulting in a minimum cost save of $200,000.
● Championed an 8-10 person problem solving team in several problem solving activities, resulting in proactively preventing safety critical failures in the field, and upwards of $750,000 cost savings over the life of a 5 year program.
● Led problem solving activity which resulted in 40% scrap reduction on the highest scrap line, saving $50,000 over the life of a $50,000/yr program for the next 5 years.
● Was one of the pioneers to utilize Enventive, an advanced 2D tolerance stack software, for advanced tolerance stacks and kinematics studies, resulting in improved failure prevention and predictive analysis over all projects over the past 5 years.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER II, GHSP 2014-2020
GHSP is a manufacturer of primarily automotive technologies, such as shift systems, smart actuator pumps, and electronics. My role at GHSP was primarily focused in shift systems and appliances, which all had to meet customer mechanical, electrical, and appearance requirements.
● Lead Mechanical Engineer on a 5 person team for a high-end Wolf Sub-zero oven knob encoder. Interacted with the hardware and software teams to create a robust Mechatronic design. Saved our customer relationship by preventing a full redesign of the program and upwards of $250,000 in new tooling when new specifications were introduced mid-program.
● Lead Mechanical Engineer on 2 GM shift by wire programs from SOW to launch with revenue of $500,000 per year. Regularly worked alongside electronics, software, systems, and manufacturing to produce a robust Mechatronic design.
● Supporting Mechanical Engineer on 2 GM shift by wire programs from SOW to launch with revenue of $350,000 per year.
● Lead Mechanical Engineer on 3 Ford programs, during design development phase.
● Supporting Mechanical Engineer on 8 current production support programs for Ford, GM, FCA, Nissan, and Honda. Cost savings for GHSP was upwards of
$800,000 through VAVE activity and waste reductions.
● Led advanced development activity into innovative materials that look and feel like metal and are capable of light transmission, resulting in an improved customer relationship and more design resources at GHSP’s disposal. COMPUTER SKILLS
● Enventive 4.1
● ANSYS 18.2
● CATIA R25
● Minitab 19
● MS Word
● MS Excel
● MS PowerPoint
● MS Outlook
● Autodesk Moldflow Design
● Photometrica 7.5
MECHANICAL ENGINEER, JOINT CLUTCH & GEAR 2011-2014 Joint Clutch & Gear is primarily a truck maintenance retailer, with some specialized drive shaft services for high speeds, noise reductions, and testing applications. My role here was to design drive shafts that met customer needs.
● Performed intensive calculations on noise, vibration, and harmonics of drive shafts to avoid natural frequencies in application, preventing catastrophic failure or excess noise in engine and transmission testing at our customers’ facilities.
● Designed and assembled large rubber coupling flywheels to help dampen noise in engine and transmission testing when connected to a dynamometer.
● Performed minor stress FEAs in SolidWorks to evaluate effectiveness of components in drive shafts, including flanges, yokes, u-joints, and cv joints.
● Designed a u-joint installation and removal machine, saving the technician upwards of 15 minutes per U-joint, and upwards of $50 in scrap materials per assembly / disassembly.
● This was a co-op position that led to full-time employment. PROFESSIONAL
Six Sigma Black Belt
Boy Scouts of America
Biking and Hiking
Drawing and Art
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Relationship: Engineering Manager
Relationship: Direct Manager
Relationship: Direct Manager
Relationship: Cross-department peer
Mechanical Engineer III