English (Professional Working)
Tamil (Native or Bilingual)
Sam Joel R
Lead HR at GalaxE.Solutions
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
HR Lead with progressive experience managing employee benefits, compliance, employee hiring, onboarding, performance management processes and HR records. Dependable and organized team player with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently. Skilled at building relationships with employees across all levels of an organization. Proficient with HRIS, Ultipro and benefits management. Highly Knowledgeable HR process trainer and HR process owner. Experience
January 2018 - Present
Highly Experienced in onboarding, background verifications, drug test, HRIS, leave management system, Payroll management, Group medical Insurance, Term life Insurance, Voluntary and Involuntary exits, PIP, settlements, ex- employment verifications, developing performance management system, identifying training needs, employee grievance handling, Counselling, Transfer process (Internal, USA, Belgium & ASPAC), Hosting Technical Webinar, Appraisal and Title change
Manages the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment
Provides necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports
Coaches and trains managers in their communication, feedback, recognition, and interaction responsibilities with the employees who report to them. Makes certain that the managers know how to successfully, ethically, honestly, and legally communicate with employees
Page 1 of 4
Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company. Implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees
Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance with laws. Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations
Identifies and monitors the organization's culture so that it supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes employee satisfaction Manages the company-wide committees including the wellness, policy sessions, Webinars, Hobby clubs, sports, health and safety, activity and culture and celebration
Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality. Representing HR and training functions during CMMI and ISO audits (9001 & 27001). No NC’s issued
October 2015 - December 2017 (2 years 3 months)
Onboarding and Induction:
• Briefing new recruits on the HR policies, rules and guidelines on boarding.
• Getting the Joining formalities completed.
• Issuing welcome Kit for new joinees.
• Making & issuing Offer and Agreement Letters.
• Opening salary accounts for new joinees
• Assisting and Monitoring new employees for first month BGC & Drug test
• Finding and Installing new Vendors for BGC and Drug test
• Initiating BGC and drug test for all new employees
• Following up with BGC and Drug test agency to get the report on time.
• Processing invoices after checking the data with agreement. Employee Database Maintenance:
• Maintaining databases(Ultipro, GX book), records & necessary documents/ certificates of all employees.
• Responsible for administering & maintaining the employee data with respect to their hire, confirmation, promotion, appraisal & termination. Appraisal:
• Handling complete appraisal process
• Conducting appraisal policy sessions for all employees Page 2 of 4
• Regular follow up with employees/Manager on completion of appraisal process
• Issuing appraisal/ title letters
• Finding, Finalizing and Installing New Medical Insurance for Group Medical Insurance & Group Term Life Insurance
• Activating Medicalim Insurance for New Employees
• Mediclaim Insurance SPOC person for all the employees.
• Co-ordinating with Insurance company for claims and cashless services in any emergency.
• Conducting Wellness programmes.
Leave & Attendance:
• Analyzing present and absent list for the month to process monthly salary
• Monitoring the employee leaves and WFH
• Handling Internal, H1, L1, Belgium and APAC transfers on time
• Checking the wages and title as per different Government Laws Audit:
• Preparing and Representing HR team during CMMI and ISO audits Exit :
• Conducting Exit interviews.
• Issuing Relieving and Experience Letters.
• F&F Settlements
• Call Notice and Closure notice
August 2014 - August 2015 (1 year 1 month)
Sutherland Global Services
March 2013 - May 2014 (1 year 3 months)
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Human Resources · (2010 - 2012) Page 3 of 4
Bishop Heber College
Master’s Degree, Computer Science · (2010 - 2012)
Page 4 of 4