Over the years I have accumulated a wealth of experience and skills across various industries, this has moulded me into a seasoned disciplined professional who thrives under pressure and is committed to delivering results. In my previous roles I have gained a reputation for my pragmatic approach, integrity, and impressive work rate whilst delivering a high level of standard and accountability when completing projects.
Skills & Abilities
General Accounting, Balance sheet reconciliation's, People management, Advanced Excel, Credit Management, international Taxation practices and regulations, Producing VAT Returns, Order to cash methodology. SAP Skills, SOX Controls, GAAP Rules,
Claude Littner Business School - BA (Hons) Business Management -1st Honours September 2013-September 2016
Credit Manager – Endemol Shine International ltd
October 2016 – May 2020
I was promoted to the position of Credit Manager due to my outstanding first year's performance in the company. Reporting to the CFO, my role was to primarily maintain smooth operation of all aspects of the sales ledger, including management of credit control, achievement of Group KPI's, improving company cash flow through proactive management of receivables ledgers and completing month end close procedures.
Some of my key achievements in this role were setting up key revenue collection processes which streamlined the billing and collections process, as well as completing tax returns for our satellite offices in territories such as India. This allowed ESI to recoup over 250,000 USD of higher rate taxes withheld at source over a period of 3 years. I was also tasked with researching and analyzing changes to international tax laws and managing processes to hedge against exposure to excessive double taxation. I audited international accounts for lost revenue due to insufficient tax processes being put in place over years of accumulated incorrect deductions. I managed to recoup over 1 million pounds in lost revenue from international tax authorities due to higher rates of deductions of withholding tax being incorrectly applied over a period of 3 years due mergers and lack of controls and processes in place.
My Main Responsibilities were:
• Implementing International double taxation processes.
• Completing month end close processes
• Reviewing revenue and income accounts for accuracy.
• Completing Balance sheet reconciliations
• Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
• Auditing historical contracts and payments and recouping taxes from international tax authorities across the world, particularly Germany, USA, India.
• Developing and maintaining relationships with HMRC and other international governmental tax Authorities.
• Working alongside the CFO and international Tax and Regulatory partners in order to file annual returns.
• Developing effective strategies and processes aimed at minimizing the company’s DSO and exposure to risk.
• Maintaining a motivated A/R team identifying and facilitating a positive learning environment for the team.
Credit Controller – Endemol Shine International ltd
October 2015 – October 2016
In my first year I collected and reconciled over 90 percent of the 90 plus aged debt portfolio minimizing the DSO for the company significantly to 60 days.
My Main Responsibilities were:
• Managing and over seeing sales contracts from creation, invoicing, delivery of services, to payment and allocation.
• Responsible for chasing, managing and reconciling a 100 hundred million pound ledger built up of multiple currencies spread across 40 international territories.
• Chairing monthly conference calls with sales managers, regional directors and other international offices to implement an effective approach to collecting aged debt and ensuring a quick resolution on escalated accounts.
• Ensuring the aged debt portfolio is managed effectively and that accounts are actioned appropriately
Accounts Receivable Executive- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
June 2015 – October 2015
International Credit Controller - BBC Worldwide