ROBERT BUZNEGO CPA MBA
CPA/MBA Interim Controller and Senior Accounting Director offering professional accounting services. Hands-on experience in Accounting, Finance and Business Strategy with the ability to identify opportunities with current revenue trends, projections and growth opportunities by partnering with Executive Management a vision for their business.
Extensive experience as Controller, Accounting Manager, ERP Project Analyst. Financial Leader: Monthly Close, Financial Reporting, Balance Sheet Reconciliation, Advanced Excel, Financial Planning/Analysis and Internal SOX Compliance.
• Financial Reporting GAAP & IFRS
• Financial Controls & SOX
• Financial Planning & Analysis FPA
• Data Warehouse, Business Analytics
• Transformation ERP Project Liaison
• Complex Excel Financial Modeling
• Leading Teams & Technology Projects IT
• Merger & Acquisition Strategies M&A
• Operations Analysis, Fixed Asset ERP Controls
• ERP: Oracle, SAP, NetSuite, Dynamics, Great Plain PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
ROBUZ CPA RESULTS, 2013-PRESENT: CONSULTANT & CONTRACT SR. ACCOUNTANT/SR. ACCOUNTING MANAGER
• Month-end Closing, Financial Statements, Financial Planning & Analysis, Fixed Asset Control, Budgeting, Cash Management, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Legal, Human Resources, Tax and Strategy.
• Oracle project lead and Accounting Manager defining legal entities, ledgers, reporting currencies, sub ledger accounting, Intercompany accounts and experience with Oracle: General Ledger, Payables Receivables, Cash Management, Assets and Purchasing.
• Offers services as Interim Accounting Services: Finance Director, Controller and Director of Accounting for companies requiring temporary resources to handle existing workload, transformation, and project planning.
• Oversees all administrative functions that includes legal, accounting, finance and Net Suite ERP, Process Improvements, Interim CFO Private Equity. Controller/Finance Director for Business and served as the strategic business partner for CEO.
• Consulting Interim Engagements: Consultant, Management; Sr. Accountant, Real Estate; Finance, Analyst, Telecom; Controller, FAA Repairs; Finance Analyst, US Government; Controller, Data Analytics/PE; Controller, Construction; Controller, Travel Insurance; Controller, Int’l Wireless; Controller, Investment Bank; Accounting Analyst, Spirits; Controller, Restaurant/PE;
TRACFONE WIRELESS 2001-2013: DIRECTOR FINANCE & CONTROLLER (2011-2013)
• Hands-on Controller for acquisition of DLA, America Movil Media Content company, DLA implementing internal controls, policies and procedures, GAAP/IFRS and cash flow projection for parent company funding requirements.
• Hands-on Finance Director responsible for month-end closing, financial reporting and management reporting requirements for parent company meeting reporting deadlines for America Movil. Identified costs to streamline the organization and increase working capital for acquired subsidiary. Transitioned for new acquisition the chart of accounts, financial reporting and budgeting requirements for America Movil. TRACFONE WIRELESS 2001-2013: DIRECTOR OPERATIONS FINANCE (2003-2011)
• Managed hands-on Financial Planning & Analysis for Controller’s department preparing analysis for Sr. Management of weekly performance results of sales, operations, call centers and corporate G&A. Defined KPIs that defined the operational tools required to manage performance and setting SLA’s for sales, operations, call center and Information Technology.
• Managed call center workforce management and analysis team and responsible for FP&A and budgeting for the G&A, operations, call center and information technology. Prepared analysis of call center performance for management review identifying areas of improvement and cost savings initiatives. Designed a strategic project management plan to outsource call center operations to global locations in Argentina, Guatemala, Colombia, Costa Rica, and Mexico using VoIP saving $80 million dollars annually.
• Implemented Cognos Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse across TracFone to develop analysis, key metrics and managed core business units with real time information. Ongoing development of Oracle financial reports and complex analysis prepared to identify issues and diagnose areas of improvement within Sales, Operations, Information Technology and Customer Care.
TRACFONE WIRELESS 2001-2013: DIRECTOR ACCOUNTING & FINANCIAL REPORTING (2001-2003) Page 2
• Managed hands-on Controller’s department and managed accounting and financial staff responsible for all general ledger, financial reporting, analysis and internal controls for subsidiary of America Movil, a Mexico publicly traded company.
• Review of all month-end entries and accruals for closing process to ensure accurate and timely Financial Statements on the fifth working day of the month. Review of balance sheet and profit & loss by cost center including variances analysis versus budget quantifying explanations for management team.
• Implemented financial reporting improvements through the implementation of Oracle Financial upgrade to prepare automated Financial Statements required by America Movil Parent Company. Defined chart of accounts, updated accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance to Parent company directives, GAAP compliance and ensured compliance to internal controls.
REGUS BUSINESS CENTER 1998-2001: CONTROLLER
• Directed hands-on financial functions for Latin America division of $2 billion international UK publicly traded company. Ensured that regional countries were in compliance to U.S. GAAP and Parent Company directives.
• Development of financial organization for multiple countries throughout Latin America during the beginning of the expansion of Regus into Latin America and responsible for consolidated Latin America Financial Statements.
• Directed Finance Directors in all aspects of accounting, audit, budgeting, forecasting, and tax compliance for Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Colombia, Panama and Peru.
• Implemented Hyperion Reporting software for the region streamlining the cycle time on monthly financial reporting, budgeting and quarterly forecasting.
BUREAU VERITAS 1996-1998: CONTROLLER
• Hands-on manager for staff of 10 for Americas division of a $4 billion international French publicly traded company ensuring compliance to U.S. GAAP and meeting reporting deadlines.
• Performed and managed all finance department functions including specialty areas of tax compliance, treasury payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivables and collections and worked with operational department heads.
• Implemented interim financial reporting module during Latin America expansion to fully automate all reporting to Parent Company in France eliminating manual reports, improving cycle time and accuracy of all reports.
• Streamlined all regional consolidated reporting through JD Edwards’s implementation and coordinated with Parent Company reporting requirements, chart of accounts and internal controls. MCLANE COMPANY, 1995-1996: DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING
• Directed a team of 45+ associates including 3 supervisors with total disbursements of $4 billion dollars annually for U.S. publicly traded company ensuring monthly closing was timely with accruals for Inventory received not yet invoiced.
• Ensured inventory control with minimal shrinkage and cash disbursements for all corporate and inventory purchases with follow-up on receiving documentation.
• Relocated the East and West region accounting departments from Cleveland and Chicago to Coral Gables, Florida hiring and training new staff with no interruption to business.
• Upgraded the Chicago operations from legacy mainframe application to Oracle ERP and changed internal processes to fit delivered Oracle software with minimal customization to system. EAGLE BRANDS: DE LA CRUZ GROUP 1992-1995: CONTROLLER
• Prepared combined financial statements and directed accounting, finance and tax functions for all affiliated companies. Served as chief accountant with responsibility for all subsidiary controllers for 800M in revenues.
• Coordinated all corporate-wide accounting functions for diverse beverage Budweiser distribution and Coca-Cola manufacturing and automotive Honda and Ford dealerships including audit with Price Waterhouse.
• Led acquisition team for due diligence of the Puerto Rico Bacardi Coca-Cola distributor and developed financial models forecasting EBITDA, reduced purchase price and secured necessary financing.
• Closed the acquisition of a new Ford dealership; organized and set-up accounting department; established internal controls, Ford manufacturer reporting requirements and system set-up and training. Accountable for all auto dealership month-end closing processes and the review of the Factory Financial Statements. EDUCATION
• Barry University, College of Business - Master of Business Administration (MBA) Finance
• Florida State University, College of Business - Bachelor of Science (BS) Finance & Accounting CERTIFICATIONS, MEMBERSHIPS & LANGUAGES
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Florida: No. 23530
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants & Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Bi-lingual English & Spanish - Native & Full Professional Proficiency