Skilled Phlebotomist with more than 10+ years of experience in fast-paced healthcare environments. Expert in quickly and accurately collecting specimens using a variety of venipuncture and capillary puncture techniques. Exceptional bedside manner and adept in easing patients' fears or anxieties. Prepared to bring talent and leadership to growing healthcare facility.
Grifols - Phlebotomy Technician II
01/2017 - Current
Cape Fear Valley Hospital - Intern
12/2016 - 12/2016
5705 Chisholm Trail, Fayetteville, NC
Fayetteville Technical Community
Logged patient information and recorded results into system using BECS (Blood establishment computer system) NEXTGEN.
Protected patients by following infection control, sharps disposal and biohazards waste disposal procedures.
● Received and responded to blood donation related phone calls. Screened and registered blood donors and verified their medical history information.
Utilized appropriate phlebotomy procedures also collected plasma from donors.
Setup, operated, and maintained all phlebotomy-related equipments. Documented all work performed and maintained complete accurate records.
Implemented proper sterile procedures complied with established safety regulations.
● Routine blood drawing.
● Performing blood culture.
Assist phlebotomy technicians in collecting blood samples using straight, syringe and butterfly syringes.
● Disposes biohazard materials according to schedule.
● Typing speed of 50+wpm
Adept at managing office work
relevant to the position
● Stock Merchandise Knowledge
● 600+ Blood Draws Punctual
Familiar with Medical Terminology,
First-Aid and Safety
● Goal setting
● Performance improvements
Maintaining quality assurance
Womack Medical Center - Intern
11/2016 - 12/2016
Performing Bleeding Time Test, Brookdale Senior Assisted Living - Resident Assistant/ Med Tech
07/2014 - 08/2016
Georgetown Health Group - Front Desk Receptionist
04/2012 - 07/2013
● Neonatal heel sticks and capillary punctures.
● Routine blood drawing.
Knowledgeable in the use of standard phlebotomy equipment such as tourniquets, vacutainer tubes and sleeves, and butterfly needles and syringes.
● Performing Glucose Tolerance Test.
● Assist residents with their daily living activities.
● Provide residents with daily medications.
● Responsible for reordering residents medication supply.
● Maintain and document all residents vital sign.
● Answer phones.
● Schedule and cancel appointments.
● Collect copays from patients.
● File insurance claims.
● Direct calls to administration.