**** **** **, *** *********, CA firstname.lastname@example.org
316-***-**** http://www.linkedin.com/in/boustani Summary:
Highly motivated Network Engineer with a strong technical background and hands-on experiencing operating global production networks.
o Education: PhD in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. o Operational experience with Cisco, Aruba, Mist, Meraki wireless infrastructure and good understanding of technologies: 802.11n, 802.11ac, 802.11h.
o Working experience with predictive, passive/active Wi-Fi site survey tools: Ekahau, AirMagnet, VisiWave. o Operational experience with Palo Alto Networks firewalls, Global Protect user VPN. Working experience with Zero-trust VPN edge client in F5 and Aviatrix VPN controllers. o Understanding and working knowledge of routing and switching protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, TCP/IP, STP, VTP, HSRP/VRRP).
o Hands on experience working with Cisco, Juniper, and Arista routers and switches (Catalyst 4K, Catalyst 6K, Nexus 3K, Nexus 5K, Nexus 7K, MX-960, QFX5100, and QFX 10002). Work Experience:
• Network Engineer (Airbnb, San Francisco, CA (through MatchPoint Solutions)) (May 2019-Present) o Handled Airbnb Corporate network day-to-day operations using Cisco Switches and Routers, Palo Alto Networks Firewalls, and Cisco Networks Wireless.
o Daily operational experience with Palo Alto Networks firewalls: security and NAT policies, threat prevention, URL Filtering.
o Managed daily operational tickets for the Cisco and Meraki wireless infrastructure. o Working experience with predictive, passive/active Wi-Fi site survey tools: Ekahau Pro.
• Network Engineer (Netflix, Los Gatos, CA (through MatchPoint Solutions)) (Sep 2018-May 2019) o Responsible for monitoring (LogicMonitor), troubleshooting, and maintenance of Netflix enterprise network routers and switches, Cisco Catalyst 4500, Cisco Catalyst 3850; and PaloAlto Networks firewalls. o Hands on operational (Aruba, Mist) and implementation (Mist) experience. o Zero-trust user edge VPN monitoring/troubleshooting, F5 (BigIP/BigIQ) Edge client and Aviatrix VPNs. o Data analysis for different projects on VPN users, using Python scripting.
• Network Engineer (eBay, San Jose, CA) (Mar 2017-Aug 2018) o Responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintenance of eBay production network routers and switches; Cisco Catalyst 4500 and 6500, Nexus 3K, 5K, and 7K, Juniper QFX 5100, QFX 10002, and MX 960, and Arista DCS-7508.
o Utilizing Netmon, NetDB, and Netranger network monitoring software to control and troubleshoot in eBay operation and site network.
o Participated in day-to-day projects, operations, and upgrade of eBay's global production network. o Worked with various service providers provisioning and maintaining eBay’s production WAN.
• Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant (Wichita State University, Wichita, KS) (Aug 2012-Nov 2016) o Research on IoT and Smart Grid Network Security and Privacy. o Published 6+ journal, conference, and workshop research papers on various topics related to wireless networks security and privacy.
• Network Engineer Intern (Ulterius Technologies, Wichita, KS) (Summer Internship 2014, 2015, 2016) o Wi-Fi design, analysis, and deployment for achieving the best coverage and throughput. Doing PoC for the produced Ulterius APs versus Cisco Meraki lightweight APs and Aruba APs (controller based APs). o Network architecture tester and analyzer for Ulterius Tech’s FDN-640 at Ulterius Tech R&D team and FDN-640 troubleshooting.
o Research, test, and simulate various dynamic secure multi radio signal delivery algorithms to be implemented on FDN640 architecture.
Page 2 of 3 Arash Boustani
o Performed advanced system performance and scalability modeling, simulating, and emulating to test FDN- 640 and network analyzing.
o Conducted network architecture analysis for Ulterius Tech’s launch customers and assist Ulterius Tech R&D team. Performed advanced system performance and scalability modeling to test Ulterius Tech’s flagship product FDN-640.
• Telecommunications Network Engineer (Safir Fanavari, Iran.) (2010-2012) o Design, implement, test, and maintain fiber optic networks and SCADA networks. o Researcher of Interconnection Network, Research Institute for ICT – ITRC, and Project Manager of CCTV Traffic Monitoring in Mashhad municipality’s networks, 2011, Test and maintenance Huawei CC08 telecommunication switches.
o Network designer in numerous small LAN computer network projects.
• Instructor – Part Time (Various Higher Education Institutions, Mashhad, Iran) (2008- 2012) o Taught various computer science and networking courses at Payam Noor University, Sadjad University, Khayyam University, Bahar Higher Education Institute. Education:
• PhD in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (Dec 2016) Wichita State University, KS, USA.
Dissertation: Security and Privacy in Critical Infrastructure Cyber-Physical Systems: Recent Challenges and Solutions.
• M.S.in Information Technology - Computer Networks (Dec 2009) Azad University, Qazvin, Iran.
Thesis: Cell Planning in Wireless Cellular Networks by Frequency Reuse to Increase User’s Capacity.
• B.S in Computer Engineering - Software (Aug 2006) Azad University, Mashhad, Iran.
Thesis: A Digital Library Design and Implementation on SQL DBMS. Training and Certifications:
• Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA).
• Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing & Switching (CCNA R&S).
• LogicMonitor Certified Professional (LMCP).
• SumoLogic certification in Fundamental, Administration, Metric Mastery, Search Mastery.
• Multimedia Builder and Designer certification (640 hours).
• Optical Fiber Networks Design certification (217 hours).
• Examiner in Optical fiber network design in Technical & Vocational skills, Eram center, Mashhad, Iran. Skill and Expertise:
• Network Skills:
o CCNP level proficiency.
o Experience with Cisco routers, switches, and WLAN controllers. o Internet Layer and Routing: IP addressing and subnetting, IPv4, IPv6, ICMP, RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP.
o Switch: STP, PVST, VTP, Trunking (802.1Q and ISL), First-hop redundancy (HSRP, VRRP, and GLBP). o WAN: PPP, HDLC, Frame-Relay, and DSL.
o Security: IPSec VPN, DMVPN, Access Control Lists, and Traffic Management. o Application Protocols: DHCP, DNS, FTP, TFTP, SMTP, POP3, SNMP, SSL/TLS, SSH, Telnet. o SNMP and Netflow-Based Network Monitoring Software: PRTG, LabTech, N-Able, and Continuum. o Wireless Analyzer and Site Survey Tools: Ekahau, VisiWave.
• Programming Languages: Python, C, C++, and MATLAB. Page 3 of 3 Arash Boustani
• Network Simulators/Emulator: ixia (IxNetwork, IxLoad, IxVeriWave, IxExplorer), MATLAB, OPNET, Ns2, Omnet++, Packet Tracer, WireShark, and Glomosim.
 Arash Boustani, Navid Alamatsaz, Nima Alamatsaz, and Ashkan Boustani, “Traffic Volume Reduction in Smart Grid Networks by a Cooperative Intelligent Interpolation Technique,” CCNC’18, USA, 2018.
 Navid Alamatsaz, Arash Boustani, Nima Alamatsaz, and Ashkan Boustani, "Towards Efficient Privacy Preserving Data Aggregation for Advanced Metering Infrastructure," International Journal of Computer Networks & Communications
(IJCNC) Vol.9, No.5, September 2017.
 A. Boustani, A. Maiti, S. Jazi, M. Jadliwala, and V. Namboodiri, “Seer Grid: Preserving Both Privacy and Utility of Smart Meters through Two-Level Prediction,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems TPDS 2016.
 A. Boustani, M. Jadliwala, H. M. Kwon, and N. Alamatsaz, “Optimal Resource Allocation in Cognitive Smart Grid Network,” CCNC’15, USA, 2015.
 A. Boustani, N. Alamatsaz, M. Jadliwala, and V. Namboodiri, “LocJam: A Novel Jamming-based Approach to Secure Localization in Wireless Networks,” CCNC’14, USA, 2014.
 N. Alamatsaz, A. Boustani, M. Jadliwala, and V. Namboodiri, “AgSec: Secure and Efficient CDMA-based Aggregation for Smart Metering Systems,” CCNC 2014, USA, 2014.
 A. Boustani, N. Alamatsaz, and M. Jadliwala, “Network Capacity Improvement in Spread Spectrum-based Cognitive Radio Networks,” 5th Central Area Networking and Security Workshop, University of Arkansas, Arkansas, USA, April 2014.
 N. Alamatsaz, A. Boustani, and M. Jadliwala, “Private Spread Spectrum-Based Data Aggregation for smart Grid Networks,” 5th Central Area Networking and Security Workshop, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA, April 2014.
 A. Boustani, N. Alamatsaz, M. Jadliwala, “Securing Localization in Wireless Networks using Jamming”, 3rd Greater Kansas Area Security Workshop, KanSec’13, USA, April 2013.
 N. Alamatsaz, A. Boustani, and M. Jadliwala, “Secure Homomorphic Data Aggregation in Smart Grid Communications”, 3rd Greater Kansas Area Security Workshop, KanSec’13, USA, April 2013.
 H. Sharifi, A. Ghazi askar, A. Boustani, A. Moghani, M. B. Zanjani,” Implementing a Greedy Chain Routing Technique with Spread Spectrum on Grid-Based WSNs”, published in IJWMN/IJDPS, Sep 2012.
 M. B. Zanjani, A. Boustani, “Energy aware and highly secured data aggregation for grid-base Asynchronous wireless sensor network,”IEEE PacRim’11, ISBN 978-1-4577-0251-8, Canada, Aug 2011.
 A. Boustani, J. sabet, M azizi, N. Mirmotahhary, S. Khorsandi, “Persian Algorithm, a New Approach for Generating Orthogonal Codes in Spread Spectrum,” WiAD’10, ISBN 978-1-4244-7071-6, UK, June 2010.
 M. B. Zanjani, R. Monsefi, and A. Boustani, “Energy Efficient/highly Secure Data Aggregation Method using Tree structured Orthogonal Codes for Wireless Sensor Network,” Proc in IEEE ICSTE/ISI, ISBN 978-1-4244-8667-0,USA, 2010.
 Ashkan. Boustani, Arash. Boustani, “A new method for random number generation in simulation,” national statistical conference, Iran, Toyserkan, March 2010.
 Ashkan. Boustani, Arash. Boustani, “positioning and defining the optimized number of PNU branches by using the rejection algorithm,” national statistical conference, Iran, Toyserkan, March 2010.
 A. Boustani, S. Khorsandi, R. Danesfahani and N. MirMotahhary,” An Efficient Frequency Reuse Scheme by Cell Sectorization in OFDMA Based Wireless Networks,” IEEE ICCIT’09, ISBN 978-0-7695-3896-9/09, Korea 2009.
 Ashkan. Boustani, Arash. Boustani, “Almost surely central limit theorem,” national mathematical conference, Iran, 2009.
- Books: By: R. Ale sheikh, A. Boustani, Atraa publisher Ltd,, Iran, Tehran 2010
 ”Computer and Telecommunication Networks,” ISBN: 978**********.
 ”New Approach to Internet Engineering,” ISBN: 978**********.
 ”Principles of Computer Data Structures,” ISBN: 978**********.
 ”Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms,” ISBN: 978**********.